Marriage

Tarragona

I'm interested to know from any gentleman who's been married in Thailand in the last couple of years whether your wife kept her surname or took yours. What was the thinking behind your/her decision?

we were married in aussie many years ago now. my wife kept her original surname because her "na ayudhya" suffix is a useful tool in LOS and she also has a reasonbly well known family name in certain circles.

My wife is still under her family name as at the time I was told It would create a problem with land ownership etc.

I've been told otherwise since, Is it true?

Thai women married to farang can own land now. The farang has to sign some document, which states they make no claim to the land and that the money to purchase the land is hers or something like that. I just purchased two houses for my wife - no problems !!

My wife is still under her family name as at the time I was told It would create a problem with land ownership etc.

Thai women married to farang can own land now. The farang has to sign some document, which states they make no claim to the land and that the money to purchase the land is hers or something like that. I just purchased two houses for my wife - no problems !!

2 Houses? Flash bastard. :o:D:D:D

2 Houses? Flash bastard. :o:D:D:D

It's not flash. The other house is for the mother-in-law, so she doesn't have to live with us !!

Mrs Bronco took my name, no problems, next step is for stepson, by deed poll I guess

Deedpoll in Thailand???

How?

My stepson wants to do the same thing, but the Thai's tell me I have to adopt him

in the UK..........

That means a change of nationality -- very difficult.