Two Arrested For Reporters Killing

Bangyai

Two Arrested For Reporters Killing :

SUPHAN BURI : Two men, including a suspected gunman, were arrested yesterday in connection with the murder of a Matichon newspaper reporter in late September the police said. Manit Khiewwan , 37 and Kittisak Pookerd, 40, were nabbed in seperate raids in Don Chedi district yesterday morning for alleged involvement in the September 27th shooting of journalist Jaruek Rangcharoen. The murder is believed to be linked to Jaruek's investigative reports on alleged corruption in local administration bodies.

Bangkok Post : 2/11/2008 www.bangkokpost.com/021108_News/02Nov2008_news04.php

Good work by the police here. It just shows what they can do if they put themselves out a bit. It will be interesting to see if there is any further news as to who paid for ' the hit '. IMO , I would not be surprised if the buck stops with the two suspects. :o

Two Arrested For Reporters Killing :

SUPHAN BURI : Two men, including a suspected gunman, were arrested yesterday in connection with the murder of a Matichon newspaper reporter in late September the police said. Manit Khiewwan , 37 and Kittisak Pookerd, 40, were nabbed in seperate raids in Don Chedi district yesterday morning for alleged involvement in the September 27th shooting of journalist Jaruek Rangcharoen. The murder is believed to be linked to Jaruek's investigative reports on alleged corruption in local administration bodies.

Bangkok Post : 2/11/2008 www.bangkokpost.com/021108_News/02Nov2008_news04.php

Good work by the police here. It just shows what they can do if they put themselves out a bit. It will be interesting to see if there is any further news as to who paid for ' the hit '. IMO , I would not be surprised if the buck stops with the two suspects. :o

Ditto.

Suphan Buri is Banharn's turf. He won't allow this to go much further so be prepared to read about two suspected killers commit suicide soon.

Correct. Re-titled "Banharn Buri" by locals, nothing up there gets past Barney Rubble.

So what political affiliations were they investigating?

Yes....that is the question and as usual it is likely to go unanswered. As loaded says, the last thing we are likely to hear is that they have topped themselves or died of natural causes like lead poisening.

Yes , I now see there is another thread on this but was unaware of it. A story worth following in any case. I feel particularly sorry for this guy as he knew he had it coming and was also worried for the safety of his wife.