Top Load Washing Machine

bkkjames

Hi All:

Not sure where to post this but I thought I would try here first and maybe the Mods can move it as they see fit.

Moving into a house in a few weeks and am looking to get a top load washing machine that is durable enough to stay outside (covered).

Anyone have any recommendations on brands / models to look out for either good and bad?

Thanks and advance.

James

LG product is the money pitt---unreliable, parts replacement - too long to get/wrong parts coming in etcs

Try asking the repairmans ---if U don't believe me

I like "Whirlpool" - no problem, not even once in 3 yrs - well at least for me... :D

mai chai!!

i have LG for 3 years no problem na!

I ask the repair man and he said "whirl Pool" gives him nightmares!! :o

LG product is the money pitt---unreliable, parts replacement - too long to get/wrong parts coming in etcs

Try asking the repairmans ---if U don't believe me

I like "Whirlpool" - no problem, not even once in 3 yrs - well at least for me... :D

mai chai!!

i have LG for 3 years no problem na!

I ask the repair man and he said "whirl Pool" gives him nightmares!! :o

R U trying to promoting your own national brand here,.....huh huh Junkie korean boy?

There is the free advertisement forum somewhere around here, ME think :D

Mgirl ja :D

Whirlpool......RULZZZZZZ!!!

Thanks for your replies.

MetGirl, I have a hard time believing you got your hair done (orange is it?), took an airplane to NY to just resume your TV activities? Go out and see the city!

Please tell me that your bf is not locking you in his flat while he is off to work all day?

Not a washing machine, but maybe this is still valid as a brand reflection.  

I bought a mid-level Samsung refridgerator about 10 days ago. It was acting funny and making some weird noises, although it was keeping to food cold.  I complained to PowerMall, and they sent out the Samsung tech this morning. Turns out the compressor was bad and someone forgot to install the fan.  The tech said Samsung would replace the whole thing.

Any company can make a mistake with a product. No company is perfect. But how they react goes a long way to show the company's mettle.  I am please with how Samsung has reacted.

Not a washing machine, but maybe this is still valid as a brand reflection.  

I bought a mid-level Samsung refridgerator about 10 days ago. It was acting funny and making some weird noises, although it was keeping to food cold.  I complained to PowerMall, and they sent out the Samsung tech this morning. Turns out the compressor was bad and someone forgot to install the fan.  The tech said Samsung would replace the whole thing.

Any company can make a mistake with a product. No company is perfect. But how they react goes a long way to show the company's mettle.  I am please with how Samsung has reacted.

Yea, i have a samsumg LCD and very happy with it.

Thanks for your replies.

MetGirl, I have a hard time believing you got your hair done (orange is it?), took an airplane to NY to just resume your TV activities? Go out and see the city!

"Thanks for your reply" ---- hmm....better reread it again, just making sure my eyesight is still ok here :o

U r getting old, it’s “redish” JA!!!

Yea in the US since last Saturday, not NY tho - told U last time already,

and nothing to see here at 10 pm - except just a boring dark - fairway #3

Ok second best: Jap brand is good also

Yea, I also have a Samsung LCD and very happy with it - only 48” tho - no problem 2 yrs already

Thanks for your replies.

"Thanks for your reply" ---- hmm....better reread it again, just making sure my eyesight is still ok here :o

U r getting old, it’s “redish” JA!!!

Yea in the US since last Saturday, not NY tho - told U last time already,

and nothing to see here at 10 pm - except just a boring dark - fairway #3

Ok second best: Jap brand is good also

Yea, I also have a Samsung LCD and very happy with it - only 48” tho - no problem 2 yrs already

The 'thanks for your replies' part was for everyone, not just you. Get your eyes checked while you are in the USA. I like the comment about the tv that's only 48 inches, bragging or complaining? Do you golf, please say yes so I can kick your butt when you get back.

Well U should do the same too of eyesight.

Look above again…..

First----You already said "thanks for the replies" for post #2, 3, 4

So I just assume, your "second" - thanks...... was for ME and Junkie.

Why would U want to rethanks poster #2,3,4 - again?….strange :o

No, I don't golf - too boring !…....Haha so NO fat chance - of kicking my butts!!!

just live here only.... coz I like this super cool neighborhood. :D

Edited by MetroGirl

Well U should do the same too of eyesight.

Look above again…..

First----You already said "thanks for the replies" for post #2, 3, 4

So I just assume, your "second" - thanks...... was for ME and Junkie.

Why would U want to rethanks poster #2,3,4 - again?….strange :o

No, I don't golf - too boring !…....Haha so NO fat chance - of kicking my butts!!!

just live here only.... coz I like this super cool neighborhood. :D

Why not go polute the off-topic thread because you have already stated your preference for whirlpool. thanks

I thought you were asking me a question, so I just replied back, that’s all.

Wow…you are quite ungrateful here, signor!!!! :o

Just trying to HELP OUT

Okok….think of it as a “tumboon” then

Post # 17....because you have already stated your preference for whirlpool. thanks

don't know how that is ungrateful.

Edited by bkkjames

Hi All:

Not sure where to post this but I thought I would try here first and maybe the Mods can move it as they see fit.

Moving into a house in a few weeks and am looking to get a top load washing machine that is durable enough to stay outside (covered).

Anyone have any recommendations on brands / models to look out for either good and bad?

Thanks and advance.

James

Hi ,,,we got a samsung 6kg machine 2 years ago ,,, still working ,, not sure if it washes clothes as good as some others though,,,,,, the plastic covers on the buttons have worn away,, maybe too much use ,,,,,next time l will look for a machine that has the agitator going up the middle ,, not the funny little agitator thing down the bottom ,,, sick of untangling clothes ... or better still , go for a front loader ,,,,, good luck

cheers

egg

Yeah, go for a front-loader. I had one of those top-loaders in the US (they seem popular there, no idea why, we phased out these dinosaurs in the UK years ago) and it destroyed half my clothes (can't remember what it was, but it wasn't a cheapo model). Got a Siemens E5 here. Works great.

Hi All:

Thanks and advance.

James

Hi James,

We bought a Samsung Silver Nano...13 kg wash capacity about 3 years ago. Used everyday and xometimes twice a day. We have never had a problem....hope I am not putting a hex on it saying this. However, it was top of the line model at the time but available from most reputable dealers.

samsung and LG are good james will last you years......just in case in the future you need to choose between a honda or hyundai.......GO FOR A HYUNDAI!!

R U trying to promoting your own national brand here

maybeeee :o

BTW did i use the quote thing right??

Edited by junki3korean

I would loooove to help you,....junkie dear

However I was allowed to do only 1 post, from the inventor of this thread!....so it seems :o

Ok I'm in the "catch-22" here....LOL

Anymore posting of mine HERE, will just make the inventor of this thread,......more mad at moi.......for some unknown reason, hmm :D

ohhhh... what should moi do?.....temptation temptation !!!!

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sorry :D

Edited by MetroGirl

Thanks to ALL for your replies (did you understand this part Met Girl?)

Yeah......err your welcome tho :D

However....still some unanswered questions awaiting :o

Mgirl

No, you can't marry me but you can be my gig alright? Questions answered? I promise I won't make you do my laundry either.