Do Thai Visa Insurance Actually Quote?

The Vulcan

At 9.00 a.m. this morning I presented a quotation request for both my car insurance (expires today) and my personnel belongings insurance.

Here we are at 6.00 p.m. and I've heard nothing!

Having spent 35 years in the trade back in the UK I'm well aware of the time scale to obtain a quote and it sure isn't much above 10 minutes!

Or will this be another example of "not received your email"

At 9.00 a.m. this morning I presented a quotation request for both my car insurance (expires today) and my personnel belongings insurance.

Having spent 35 years in the trade back in the UK I'm well aware of the time scale to obtain a quote and it sure isn't much above 10 minutes!

Haha ! What is more stupid than waiting the last day for asking a quotation for your insurance ?

The problem on the net is that it's too easy, and every day, hundreds of people ask quotation, just for fun, for curiosity. And the ones who really need the insurance quickly will have to wait.

You have a good company on Sukhumwit : LMJ Insurance. Cheaper than Bangkok Insurance, especially for car.

The clue's in the name. It's not a UK company :D

Probably waiting for a passing monk to bless the email :o

Haha ! What is more stupid than waiting the last day for asking a quotation for your insurance ?

The problem on the net is that it's too easy, and every day, hundreds of people ask quotation, just for fun, for curiosity. And the ones who really need the insurance quickly will have to wait.

You have a good company on Sukhumwit : LMJ Insurance. Cheaper than Bangkok Insurance, especially for car.

I guess you fall into this bracket by assuming this is the only quote I've asked for!

Thank you for your observations, unfortunately events "beyond our control" (don't you just love that expression) caused your email request for a quotation not to reach us until this afternoon.

As I expect you would wish, we sent out to the insurance companies for precise quotations – in particular your exact demands for a quotation which until now you have failed yourself to find.

We shall be replying to you as soon as we have received back this quotation (hopefully

tomorrow morning) but would ask in future if you have a pressing need for a fast quote – example not doing anything until the last day – one flags that up to us.

Once again sorry

Thank you for your observations, unfortunately events "beyond our control" (don't you just love that expression) caused your email request for a quotation not to reach us until this afternoon.

As I expect you would wish, we sent out to the insurance companies for precise quotations – in particular your exact demands for a quotation which until now you have failed yourself to find.

We shall be replying to you as soon as we have received back this quotation (hopefully

tomorrow morning) but would ask in future if you have a pressing need for a fast quote – example not doing anything until the last day – one flags that up to us.

Once again sorry

Lost on that phrase but look forward to hearing from you with regards to the personnel effects.

And hey, come on you guys - 9 hours hardly constitutes pushing you for a fast quote on an Isuzu pick-up eh?

It's only fair to report that I did actually receive a motor quote from TVI at the crack of dawn this morning and it was extremley competitive.

It was unfortunate that their system was down on the day of my needs.

Next year I'll present a little earlier :o

One thing missing here is an online brokerage where you do not have to wait for humans to do the donkey work because it is all done online. The broker still does the business but you can fiddle with the amounts and numbers etc. until you get what you want. Having to go back to a human for each minuscule change is time consuming and embarrassing.

As for TV replying, usually quite quickly.