Proof Of Residency

proof of residency.. I know this must have been coverd a million times but when I type in proof of residency in the search it comes up with nothing ?

Thing is it has been a long time since I have had to get one of these ( free ) papers and pay the 200 baht coruption money to the girl and I have now forgotten what they want,

Can someone jogg my memorie as to the requirments :o

proof of residency.. I know this must have been coverd a million times but when I type in proof of residency in the search it comes up with nothing ?

Thing is it has been a long time since I have had to get one of these ( free ) papers and pay the 200 baht coruption money to the girl and I have now forgotten what they want,

Can someone jogg my memorie as to the requirments :o

Residence Certificate.

As far as I know . You apply at the Immigration Office. You need to have an Annual Extension of stay from the office you apply.

Yes it should be free.

Application Form

Some people report getting it from the local Amphur.

I am going to need one of these soon. I am US passport holder and somewhere I thought I read that I need something from the US Consulate to get this certificate.

Is this correct?

thanks

The consulate can issue one but it costs $30.

You don't need it to get one at immigration which should be free.

The problem with either of these is that many places will not accept them unless it's less than 30 days old.

At longer term option can be found here (the yellow house book): http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Yellow-Tabie...hn-t156485.html

Edited by ubonjoe

• 2 years later...
Yes it should be free.

But, at Jomtien/Pattaya Immigrations it is not free. I forget how much right now, but maybe around B100 or B200?

One and a half year ago I paid 2 x THB 200 = THB 400 (2 copies for the extension of my driving licences: car and motorbike) at Jomtien Immigration.