Web Capable Mobile

John@KSR

Hi

I really don't know my stuff as far as telephones are concerned, but I have decided I need a phone that gives me access to the Internet so i can collect my Google Apps email and check my Google Calendar. Does anyone have a recommendation on which phone to buy? I really just need it for Google, not really interested in collecting regular emails, so a phone with plenty of screen space would be ideal. I am not interested in model - it doesn't have to be iphone, etc. Just something that will keep me connected to the net while I am on the move. What about service? Which service is best for Internet connection? Sorry - I am a complete novice... any ideas?

John

That’s useful sniffdog!!! Why bother posting a comment like that at all?

Never mind.

You can pick up a PDA style phone with touch screen for pretty cheap if you're looking second hand. I prefer something with Windows Mobile on it personally, mostly because I am familiar with the Windows Operating System. You can get a GPRS or EDGE connection from AIS everywhere I think (I can anyway), which seems to suffice for downloading web pages, although you would want to be file sharing with it :o. I hear rumors about HSDPA (which is a recent protocol for high speed data access for mobile devices), but I'm not sure when/if/where that available.

If you've got a decent budget, get the new Samsung Omnia. It's got everything. It's the works and retails new for about 25K baht I think.

If you're budget is smaller, there are O2 and HP PDA's out there second hand for cheap. You could try looking on http://mobile.pantipmarket.com/

Good luck, and try and ignore the sad bitter people in the forum ... if you can :D

Edited by malcolmswaine

That's excellent - thanks... Sorry I didn't see the comment - must have been taken off before I got to it.

John@KSR

That’s useful sniffdog!!! Why bother posting a comment like that at all?

Never mind.

You can pick up a PDA style phone with touch screen for pretty cheap if you're looking second hand. I prefer something with Windows Mobile on it personally, mostly because I am familiar with the Windows Operating System. You can get a GPRS or EDGE connection from AIS everywhere I think (I can anyway), which seems to suffice for downloading web pages, although you would want to be file sharing with it :o. I hear rumors about HSDPA (which is a recent protocol for high speed data access for mobile devices), but I'm not sure when/if/where that available.

If you've got a decent budget, get the new Samsung Omnia. It's got everything. It's the works and retails new for about 25K baht I think.

If you're budget is smaller, there are O2 and HP PDA's out there second hand for cheap. You could try looking on http://mobile.pantipmarket.com/

Good luck, and try and ignore the sad bitter people in the forum ... if you can :D