Urgent Keyboard Setting How Do I Chane @ To" And Button " To @

Gerry290

Hi:

Can someone tell me how to change urgently please this basic key board setting on me dell note book (ireland bought).

I just cannot remember how to make this simple change & driving me nuts, a friend changed it the other day on me.

On me notebook the Number 2 Key is marked as " and I want no. 2 key to be " not @ which he changed it to

and the opposite too the over beide the <Enter> key the @ is now a " and

I want to change it to the @ key is @ and the " quote above number 2 key is back to being a quote " not a @

I think I remember in CONTROL PANEL where the hel_l or how do I change this back asap please.

I think my regional settings for lanugage is English (Ireland or Irish), but I am not sure if that is the cause of the @@@ """" in wrong place problem!! :o

Thanks for emergency help!

Gerry

Thanks Malcom for the info.

Yes, I tried in there it was USA English & I tried to change to Irish which the Notebook

would not allow (perhaps it means Irish as Gaelie, ) I am going to try it for UK,

basically I want the number 2 button with the speech quotes we press SHIFT to get """"

to be """ and not @@@@@ which 2 is the @ right now.

Any idea you know, which setting makes 2 when sift pressed " and make the comma , button

when shift is pressed @, puts the @ back above the comma , key where it should be!?!?!

I ve fixed this before, its like mental writers block & a pain the the gonads to say the least!! :-)

Its say, on LANGUAGES when I go to add in ENGLISH UNITED KINGDOM or ENGLISH IRISH

into KEYBOARD settings, where ENGLISH USA is, it Cannot Load the Settings?

Got Thai PC support buddy to do upgrade other day, keyboard was working as the

way I wanted after he finished his PC Support work on me notebook, then he

mentioned something about "you like keys work other way" referring to the @@ ""

problem, quickly changed it, before I could think, & away home & is not about this week.

Point is the settings where working when he changed it to opposite of keyboard settings i want,

so why the settings acting up on me now? or how come it cannot change back so easy? (Confused to insanity right now!) LOL!

Go to Control panel, Regional and Language Settings, click the languages tab, tick the box "Install files for complex scripts.....", click details and then choose language and keyboard settings as detailed below. The settings you need are these:

1. For English language:

Language - English (UK or USA, you choose!)

Keyboard layout - US, regardless of the flavour of English language you have chosen (all keyboards sold in Thailand seem to be US standard keyboards)

2. For Thai:

Language: Thai

Keyboard layout - Thai Kedamee

Note: before you can see Thai as an option you need to have ticked the box "Install files for complex scripts....." under the languages tab

Once you have your two or more languages installed delete and languages or keyboards that you don't want by selecting them and choosing remove. Finally set which language/keyboard combination you wish to be your default by choosing it in the drop down box at the top of the screen.

I hope this helps....