Ticket for fiance

LAguy

the fiance visa is going faster than expected which is fine by us.  next, i need to get her a plane ticket to come here.

how do i get such a ticket?...

- if i charge it on my credit card and she prints out the e-ticket, they will be asking for *my* credit card so as to insure it was a legit purchase (but i will be in NY while whe is trying to board in BKK).

yet i want to use the credit card to acculmulate the milage and because it also give insurance for the traveling.

and i would like to buy the ticket from an agency in thailand as the prices to buy a ticket that originates from thailand are much lower than when bought from NY.

anybody have any suggestions on what to do? or travel agencies they recommend?

thanks in advance!

Perhaps try traveltech2000

They are a Bangkok travel and ticket issuing agency and they will do credit card bookings via personal email.

They will even courier the ticket wherever it needs to go via DHL (fully insured) for a small additional cost.

As with any transaction there is always some risk using a credit card anyway but this company seems well reputed.

On my last tickets I was charged 3%, but I got the miles.

email is [email protected]

There is a staffmember named Khun Mallika (Ms)

They are on the web too at

http://www.traveltech2000.com

I usually find quite competitive prices on their site.  I found them by nosing around google for a while, I dont live in Bangkok and don't have affiliations with any company there.

• 2 weeks later...
the fiance visa is going faster than expected which is fine by us.  next, i need to get her a plane ticket to come here.

how do i get such a ticket?...

- if i charge it on my credit card and she prints out the e-ticket, they will be asking for *my* credit card so as to insure it was a legit purchase (but i will be in NY while whe is trying to board in BKK).

yet i want to use the credit card to acculmulate the milage and because it also give insurance for the traveling.

and i would like to buy the ticket from an agency in thailand as the prices to buy a ticket that originates from thailand are much lower than when bought from NY.

anybody have any suggestions on what to do? or travel agencies they recommend?

thanks in advance!

My fiancee is preparing her packet 3 and we're just figuring out what the next set of expenses could be.  I'm assuming that your fiancee received a U.S. VISA.

Can you tell me how much it cost for the police clearance?  Did your fiancee have to pay for the clearance at each district she lived in (if over 16 years old and 6 month stay)?

How about the medical exam - how much did that cost?

How long did she have to wait before her VISA was issued?

• 2 weeks later...

as you know there is so much to keep track of.  from my notes, here is the info. i have on hand (yes, for US fiance visa):

US$50-100 For Translations  

US$110.00 Fiancee Visa

US$100.00 Consulate Fees. To be paid at the end before the interview.

US$ 40.00 For medical exam at the end.

US$ 75.00 For Vaccinations

Passport costs are around US$25

the process has really, for all intensive pruproses, gone fast.  3 months from handing papers in until approval.

regarding the police exam - from what i know (what she's told me) there was only one visit made, not numerous.  and she has lived in various places for over 6 months each.

hope this helps.  any questions please email back.

good luck.

as you know there is so much to keep track of.  from my notes, here is the info. i have on hand (yes, for US fiance visa):

US$50-100 For Translations  

US$110.00 Fiancee Visa

US$100.00 Consulate Fees. To be paid at the end before the interview.

US$ 40.00 For medical exam at the end.

US$ 75.00 For Vaccinations

Passport costs are around US$25

the process has really, for all intensive pruproses, gone fast.  3 months from handing papers in until approval.

regarding the police exam - from what i know (what she's told me) there was only one visit made, not numerous.  and she has lived in various places for over 6 months each.

hope this helps.  any questions please email back.

good luck.

If your girlfriend is required to undergo a medical in a Thai hospital, expect to pay about 1,550 baht.

That includes an x-ray and blood test.

For some visas a blood test is not required.

The police check only needs to be done at a police station nominated by the embassy. This will cover her no matter how many different provinces she has lived in.

The charges here are not always standard.

The usual price is 500 baht, with a ten day wait for the clearance certificate.

You could pay 2,500 baht if you want the certificate issued the same day.

For some reason my girlfriend didn't have to pay a thing.

I guess it all depends on the mood of the police officer at the time. ???