Storing Your Bike

wrathfultalon

Question for all the expats who store their bikes while away. Storage center, girlfriend, friend? What do you do?

A Friendly and trustworthy expat is my storage solution :D

Good possible alternatives include:

Friendly and trustworthy Thai.

Take out a xx months rent on a decentish apartment with security guard (should cost you between 3 and 30 k)

Leave it at the dealership where you bought it. If it has security guards and you glean rapport (think whisky and smokes) with the head honcho, they may keep a watchful eye on it for however long you are away.

The police station, with glowing Thai police approval (possible lack of cover will mean exposure to the elements though)

Possibly risky alternatives include:

Tescos Express.

A mom and pop business you slip a few thousand baht to (they may or may not agree to this, but worth a shot)

The police station, without police approval (lack of cover will mean exposure to the elements) :o

Avoid at all costs

Dodgy low-life expats who may try and abuse or have your bike stolen / sold while you're away.

The side of the road.

Edited by JimsKnight

Wrath if its a nice bike you can store it in my 2nd home in nakhom pathom (i only stay there weekends) because in the week i stay at the apartment i get with my job. it will be inside. except when i'm out giving it its weekly ride :o . and i will not charge you a penny :D

Allan

Wrath if its a nice bike you can store it in my 2nd home in nakhom pathom (i only stay there weekends) because in the week i stay at the apartment i get with my job. it will be inside. except when i'm out giving it its weekly ride :o . and i will not charge you a penny :D

Allan

hahaha been swamped so slow catching up! THAt is very generous. Although from what i am being told the bike is running like a champ so i might get jealous if i knew some guy was out there on a sunny day in the hills stretching her legs.

Alternatively call Expat Motors.

The boss is a keen biker, they store cars so should be able to store bikes.

I got this response back to my email. Needless to say this is probably the route i am taking for storage.

Bill,

It's not a service we advertise, but I am always willing to help out with bike storage.

We store cars for people and bikes take up a lot less space!

Car storage is 3,000 Baht per month, I would be able to store your bike for half of that.

It will be stored indoors and well secured at night.