Call Of Duty:world At War Review (360)

Ian_B

Now this is how you make a great FPS!

COD4 was one of the best games of last year and this is almost as good. The graphics, sound and playability are all top notch.

Be warned however that the single player campaign is as short as COD4's but it is non-stop brilliant from start to finish. This time you alternate between the US fighting the Japanese and the Russians fighting the Nazis. The UK are not playable this time - a shame as they could have built a great section featuring the father of Captain Price from COD4 (the guy with the huge mustache) as a little homage.

Once you complete the single player part the "Nazi Zombie" mode opens up. This is a single & co-op mode set in a old house which the objective being you have to survive as long as you can against Nazi Zombies. For each kill and round you survive you get points which allow you to buy new weapons and open up new sections of the house. It's a great extra and makes me look forward even more to Left 4 Dead.

I can't wait to get this on PS3 so I can try out the online multiplayer (it has 4 player splitscreen for offline play)

9/10 from me

Edited by Ian_B

I have been playing the Beta Multilayer n my 360 which is now available on Demo on Market place and I like what I see. Apparently one Games mag PSW gave this a 10/10 I they were first skeptical about this returning to WII roots and not the same team as COD4 they said its a must buy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Really good campaign, enjoyed it...loved the sniper section down the streets of old Soviet and the long grass against the Japanese.

Not really got into the multilayer as I did with COD4 Modern Warfare, maybe have to sepnd some more time BUT I have to many games right now. I see they just released one new map. Makin BUT in daytime.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Really good campaign, enjoyed it...loved the sniper section down the streets of old Soviet and the long grass against the Japanese.

Not really got into the multilayer as I did with COD4 Modern Warfare, maybe have to sepnd some more time BUT I have to many games right now. I see they just released one new map. Makin BUT in daytime.

A word of warning, the paid map pack is not available for download in this region, I discovered the hard way, went and bought ms points especially to buy it and then it didnt tell me right until the last step.....