I Need Low Cost International Calls And Text

davee58

Hi.

Just returned to Thailand, and got a 12call sim card for my Philippine girlfriend. It is her first time to Thailand, she likes to talk and text with her friends back home in Philippines.

What is the best way to keep costs down.

I remember that on 12call, a prefix, 007, 008, or 009 can be used, the 12call instructions say 005.

Any tips would be appreciated, I do not even know how much an international call to PI costs..

The 12call website is totally wacky. :o

Any tips would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Dave..

CAT Phone Net card will drastically reduce the cost of international phone calls.

You can go even cheaper using a computer and the "JustVoip" software.

I normally use Skype for VOIP as I have never had any problems with it, but the Philippines is an expensive place to call.

I have tried other voip, but had a very bad experience with Jajah, the only way I could end one of my calls to the Philippines was by cancelling my auto-reload which was taking ten quid an hour, my e-mail was ignored by their customer service. So Skype it is.

But the girlfriend just loves talking and texting with her phone...

Using Deedial its 7.50 baht per minute which seems very expensive. Why not try the computer like Yahoo voice messenger or Skype?

Skype rates to a Philippine mobile phone are 0.286 US Dollars per minute, less than 4 minutes for a dollar!

16.2 UK pence per minute if you pay in British pound.

I think the Philippine telecom companies have a hold on the market and refuse to give discount rates.