Thai Celebration

Dirtman2

Hi folks, this is my first post here but have enjoyed reading and learning from the rest of you.

My teelack tells me that there is some sort of Thai celebration this week starting today. As I am a newbe and not up to speed on all of these I was hopeing someone might be able to enlighten me as to if there really is and if so what. Thanks

Loy Kratong is really a "neat" day, if u have an problems and/or troubles u can buy a little boat light a candle on it and set it afloat and it will carry your troubles away. Much more to it of course but a good day. I saw a Thai movie a couple of years ago and the only thing I remember was when the girl stars were talking and they said "most Thais girls lose their virginity on Loy Kratong. Must be the full moon! :o

Make plans next year to go, most towns/cities have activities.

This years Loy Kratong celebration in Prakhonchai was most disappointing. In previous years there has been entertainment for the children, and water borne fun games. This year there was nothing except for a dozen or so very ordinary looking girls vying to be crowned Miss Loy Kratong. Thousands of people turned up, but many just floated their boats and left.

Next year I will look for somewhere else to take the family.

Edited by prakhonchai nick

This years Loy Kratong celebration in Prakhonchai was most disappointing. In previous years there has been entertainment for the children, and water borne fun games. This year there was nothing except for a dozen or so very ordinary looking girls vying to be crowned Miss Loy Kratong. Thousands of people turned up, but many just floated their boats and left.

Next year I will look for somewhere else to take the family.

Hi Nick

I went to our local festival at Huay Senning,Surin and too thought it was a bit of a let-down compared to last year. Luckily a few Thai mates and a litre of 100 Pipers saved the day(or night).

Sorry Off Topic, but fancy another meet-up soon? Other BE forum refers.

Nice photo LiteBeer BTW

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude