And so the exodus of quality expats begins. This time it's personal

8. 34

Indian Woman Strips in Defence Against Theft Claim

9. 38

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

10. 165

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

11. 2,488

Thai gov. to tax (remitted) income from abroad for tax residents starting 2024 - Part II

12. 165

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

13. 25

Israeli Interrogator Warns of Continued Violence as Long as Hamas Leader Sinwar Lives

14. 72

A good hotdog

What Are The Effects Of A Strong Baht On Foreign Retirees.

Regarding buying property as a hedge. Well thats complex. When you buy, you do not have to pay rent, so that is money you don't need to import and exchange, so it is a kind of a hedge even if you NEVER sell the place or even think about its supposed current value in baht or your home currency.

Regarding buying property as a hedge. Well thats complex. When you buy, you do not have to pay rent, so that is money you don't need to import and exchange, so it is a kind of a hedge even if you NEVER sell the place or even think about its supposed current value in baht or your home currency.

Snap. but I think there are other instuments if necessary at command in the future.

sure! we too have a kind of hedge in front of our house. it grows quite fast and my gardener is happy that it belongs to the communal area which means he doesn't have to clip it :o

sure! we too have a kind of hedge in front of our house. it grows quite fast and my gardener is happy that it belongs to the communal area which means he doesn't have to clip it :o

Hmm. But if necessary I can flip (between where I hope to be and where I am) I can take in the sail (is that short (who knows)) depending on which country is in the doldrums, or could long on the country with good trade winds (I love the naughticle oh sorry nautical terms ];-).

Good luck with the doctors BTW - I hope all is well (except being separated from the internet, forcibly it appears). I hope all is well.

Edited by pkrv

Financial and credit risks are low

Thai households, corporates, banks and the government are not leveraged.

Foreign investors may continue to sell Thai stocks and foreign banks may decide

not to roll over short-term foreign loans. But the magnitude of these potential

outflows is small relative to Thailand’s US$100bn in foreign reserves and

moderate current account surpluses. Still, the BoT is likely to remain cautious and

is unlikely to begin cutting interest rates until global conditions stabilize

https://www2.phatradirect.com/phatra/Resear...(corrected).pdf

ohh unlikely to cut interest rates