Air Asia Excess Baggage Per Kg, How Much?

tartempion

Seems last time I paid for excess baggage on domestic Air Asia it was 80 THB/kg + VAT.

Just checked their website fees and their FAQ fee schedule shows 165 THB/kg :o

Coming back from Europe I will have 30kgs at least, so 15*165=2475B!!! to add to ticket price.

They also claim you can purchase additional kgs online, but can not find where when booking.

If that is so I will rather fly Nok Plus or Thai.

Anyone paid recently for additional kgs on Thai Air Asia?

Seems last time I paid for excess baggage on domestic Air Asia it was 80 THB/kg + VAT.

Just checked their website fees and their FAQ fee schedule shows 165 THB/kg :o

Coming back from Europe I will have 30kgs at least, so 15*165=2475B!!! to add to ticket price.

They also claim you can purchase additional kgs online, but can not find where when booking.

If that is so I will rather fly Nok Plus or Thai.

Anyone paid recently for additional kgs on Thai Air Asia?

Last time for me was in September this year and it was approximately 70 or 80 baht/kg + VAT (I don't remember exactly, but I had a bit more than 4 kgs of excess baggage and paid a little more than 300 baht).

Last month I was 4 kilos over and it cost me 660 baht in total = 165 per kilo. They are one of the few airlines in this part of the world that will enforce it, even for small amounts, taking their cue from the money grabbing european airlines.

This was short haul (BKK - KL), they may be more lenient with long haul.

Last month I was 4 kilos over and it cost me 660 baht in total = 165 per kilo. They are one of the few airlines in this part of the world that will enforce it, even for small amounts, taking their cue from the money grabbing european airlines.

That was also an international flight. Domestic rates are generally cheaper.

That's right. And I forgot to say in my previous post that it was for a domestic flight (Bangkok-Udon Thani).

Edited by Goyave

That's right. And I forgot to say in my previous post that it was for a domestic flight (Bangkok-Udon Thani).

My own experience with AirAsia is that it seems to vary from station to station as to how strict they are about the 15 kg limit. At the LCC-T in Kuala Lumpur, they practically haul out a gram scale to see if they can catch you overweight. At some airports, they'll let you get away with a kilo or two over the limit. But that said, it seems AirAsia has been more strict since the price of fuel went thru the roof. Perhaps they'll ease off some now...?

Mystery solved: Fee schedule website need to inquire FD flights Thai Air Asia: domestic is 80 THB/ kg + 7% VAT.

website has AK, QZ, FD and D7 flights.

So extra 15kg x 80 gives 1200B + VAT, hmmmm, will compare with NOK Plus fares first.

Nok Air is normally 50BATH/kg.Two months ago we had 7kg over the 30kg for two persons and they charged us nothing.As far as I can remember Air Asia only allows 10kg per person domestic,Nok Air 15kg and 30kg for Nok Plus. Edited by bunnaag

Mystery solved: Fee schedule website need to inquire FD flights Thai Air Asia: domestic is 80 THB/ kg + 7% VAT.

website has AK, QZ, FD and D7 flights.

So extra 15kg x 80 gives 1200B + VAT, hmmmm, will compare with NOK Plus fares first.

Nok Air is normally 50BATH/kg.Two months ago we had 7kg over the 30kg for two persons and they charged us nothing.As far as I can remember Air Asia only allows 10kg per person domestic,Nok Air 15kg and 30kg for Nok Plus.

No. Air Asia allows 15 kg per person on domestic flights.

As far as I can remember Air Asia only allows 10kg per person domestic,Nok Air 15kg and 30kg for Nok Plus.

AirAsia allows 15 kg for domestic flights. AirAsia now also charges to check a bag. Not sure how much they charge at the check-in counter to check a bag but it's 50 baht per bag if paid at the time of booking.

Nok Air is normally 50BATH/kg.Two months ago we had 7kg over the 30kg for two persons and they charged us nothing.As far as I can remember Air Asia only allows 10kg per person domestic,Nok Air 15kg and 30kg for Nok Plus.

I did fly Nok Plus two weeks ago, had 37kgs and was charged 200B for 4 kgs extra, so it depends who you deal with.

BKK-Udon Nok Plus is around 2500THB, it pays to compare.

I recently have been touring around Thailand and you will always get charged by Air Asia for anything over the 15Kg they charge 84bht per kilo. This is for domestic so i dont know if international is more expensive.

I also took a few flights with Nok around Thailand and they are not so stringent on the rules, once I was 22kgs over and only got charged for 7.. so cant complain at that.

The best was sometimes is to just do it the Thai way.... pack a bag without any washing stuff.. no fluids etc and just take it on the plane with you, i used to stick by the limits.. but what the hel_l when everyone else does it just go for it.