Suzuki

12DrinkMore

Suzuki are offering big discounts on this "Click" styled bike until the end of the year, which even has a "two spring" rear suspension for the large Farang bum. Anybody any experience of them? The major negative point I have seen are the brakes, which are "bicycle style" front and rear handlebar mounted.

Suzuki are offering big discounts on this "Click" styled bike until the end of the year, which even has a "two spring" rear suspension for the large Farang bum. Anybody any experience of them? The major negative point I have seen are the brakes, which are "bicycle style" front and rear handlebar mounted.

It's a bike, does what it's supposed to. You'll get used to not trying to pull the clutch in. Personally I hate the linked brake version. If I pull the rear brake lever then I want just the rear brake to work. If I'd wanted the front brake as well then I'd pull the front brake lever!

Sorry, just realised you were asking 'bout the suzuki, not the click. Got a bit side-tracked by my dog losing a fight with a cat (serves him right). Haven't a clue with the suzuki

Edited by goldfish

Very good bike, drives very well. I bought it in July, it was cheaper then a Honda Airblade or a Yamaha Nouvo, while it drives fore sure as good as an Airblade or Nouvo. Lot's of space under the seat, simular to the old model Nouvo. I don't know about the service for the Airblade or Nouvo, but the Hayate needs the oil changed every 4000 km according the books. We have a Yamaha Mio at home too, this one needs an oilchange every 2500 km. The Hayate has a 125 cc engine while the Mio has a 115 cc engine, but the fuel consumption is a little bit better from the Hayate then the Mio. Topspeed is the same, but acceleration is a little bit better from the Hayate. For sure it's big enough for a farang from 1.90 meter and 96 kilo.

The Hayate is good bike, goes well, big comfortable seat and a bit larger framed than a Nouvo MX or Airblade. What price are they offering one to you?

I recently hired several scooter type bikes to see which was best for me.

The Suzuki 125 was fast and nippy but the first one wouldn't run when cold. It kept stalling until it was warmed up.

This is a dangerous feature in Pattaya traffic. The hire company appeared familiar with the problem and mentioned adjusting the carbuerettor at a garage.

It was swapped for another nearly new one.

The second evening my girlfriend couldn't open the seat to get her bag out. The key mechanism was out of adjustment. A trivial quality control issue turned into quite a drama!

This replacement wouldn't start at all one morning. A motorcycle taxi then pushed me a couple of miles with his left foot on my rear right foot peg back to the hire place. This time they looked at the wiring on the handlebars saying that it could be troublesome. If you look at it closely, you will see why!

So, my experience is that they look good and go well enough when they go but the build quality doesn't compare with Honda or Yamaha.

A close examination of the components and construction reminds me of Platinum bikes but they are not that crude.

Are they built in India by any chance? Does anybody know?

There is a new model due out and on paper it looks really good. But I don't often go out for a ride on paper. :o

How much they want for a new one? A nearly new Honda or Yamaha might be better. You can hire newish ones for 1000 baht a week and test them all out. There are big differences in practicality of the various models. Which is best for you all depends on what you are going to use it for.

Goldfish. I love that Combi Brake on the Hondas but I noticed that some of my pals hated it as you do. For me, Airblade brakes give you a feeling of security that the others don't in Pattaya traffic mayhem.

Edited by beginner

The Hayate is good bike, goes well, big comfortable seat and a bit larger framed than a Nouvo MX or Airblade. What price are they offering one to you?

Around 38,000 which is a big discount to the Click at around 50,000.

Around 38,000 which is a big discount to the Click at around 50,000.

In Pattaya 2 weeks ago they were still asking B46,000 for a Hayate. B38,000 is a good price. I guess they will be introducing the fuel injected engine soon and are trying to get rid of the older model. I have ridden 3 different Hayates and 2 different Steps and not had any cold running or other problems.

I have a Hayate in my rent fleet - good bike but if run constantly for about an hour it overheats and loses power until it cools down (aircooled). I know of another that does the same so it's probably a design fault rather than a one off. Apart from that, great little bikes.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Best bike i ever bought, fast, looks good, great brakes and very reliable and practical.

Will buy another in a nano second!!

I paid 47000 with 2 years top insurance and i got a free helmet and disc lock. (in January)

Mityon Pattaya Tai.

• 4 weeks later...