How Can My Mother Visit Me In Thailand?

janetplanet

Not in Thailand but in northern Japan yes. The answer is a hotel. If that is not practical and I include a 25km trip there and back as being practical, then why not you stay in a hotel and make a day trip to the family homestead ?

It is not only beds. It is cooking, food, utensils, tables etc. The list never nds for things which you will not need after her visit. I'll always have my bed though !

yep short trip to the family, stay in hotel in nearest city then off to the beach with you both. I personally wouldn't subject my mum to thai village life for more than a few days & she is 15 years younger than yours :D Village life is boring as a boring thing so give her get a couple of days novelty value then take her off to someone nice. :o

Village life is boring as a boring thing so give her get a couple of days novelty value then take her off to someone nice. :o

Where do you suggest? Nana? Soi Cowboy? :D

There are many non derogatory adjectives I could use about places in Thailand but nice isn't one of them.

Anyway!!!

Back to the OP's question. Your hubby's family is in Surat, yes? Closer to Krabi or Surat? I agree, put her in a hotel. There is no way she can handle a squat toilet and sleeping on the floor.

I am sure you can rent a car for a few days (if there isn't a family member willing to loan a vehicle, and if your husband's family is anything like my husband's family there is sure to be a second cousin twice removed more than willing to loan :o). And with a car, it will be very easy to drive her to and fro so that she can get to know your inlaws. You can also then take her around, and see some of the sights.

There are many non derogatory adjectives I could use about places in Thailand but nice isn't one of them.

i truly feel sorry for you. you don't have to go far in this country to find somewhere nice. perhaps you should take the blinders off.

I feel truly sorry for you. It appears that your fingers move before your brain is fully engaged. Do you understand the meaning of 'non derogatory'? Is your vocabulary as deficient as the grammar you use?

There are places in LOS that I find picturesque, of some beauty, scenic, majestic even sublime - but nice? Sadly such places are few and far between and far too many of them have been disfigured by grotesque advertising hoardings.