Yes,yes, Yes!

Laeotaekhun

Yesterday we were 19th, today 11th.

So, tonight, I am raising a fully charged glass to my team and also in memory and respect of Princess Galyani Vadhana.

The only thing that saddens me are the fools who attempt to make themselves important by ADDING to what a Government minister said.

When the "official" mourning period was announced as being a 3 day period (14th,15th,16th) there were, obviously, questions asked about how people should show suitable respect.

I think every person in Thailand wanted to understand that (including ferangs).

The "official" line was that they would NOT be asking for bars/entertainment venues to close but to show respect by "toning down" their output (my guess would be that they were requesting no dancing/music etc.).

That I can, fully, understand AND respect.

What, though, I cannot respect are the morons, at local level, who seem incapable of rational thought and have insisted on all bars closing and sales of alcohol being banned.

Will this affect ferangs - NO! (They can always get alcohol - from Thai)

Will it affect Thai people - YES! (Who will pay them for the three days pay that they lose)?

As always the poorest Thai lose out, whilst the local "Komissar" attempts to gain "Brownie points".

Sheesh!

:o

Yesterday we were 19th, today 11th.

So, tonight, I am raising a fully charged glass to my team and also in memory and respect of Princess Galyani Vadhana.

The only thing that saddens me are the fools who attempt to make themselves important by ADDING to what a Government minister said.

When the "official" mourning period was announced as being a 3 day period (14th,15th,16th) there were, obviously, questions asked about how people should show suitable respect.

I think every person in Thailand wanted to understand that (including ferangs).

The "official" line was that they would NOT be asking for bars/entertainment venues to close but to show respect by "toning down" their output (my guess would be that they were requesting no dancing/music etc.).

That I can, fully, understand AND respect.

What, though, I cannot respect are the morons, at local level, who seem incapable of rational thought and have insisted on all bars closing and sales of alcohol being banned.

Will this affect ferangs - NO! (They can always get alcohol - from Thai)

Will it affect Thai people - YES! (Who will pay them for the three days pay that they lose)?

As always the poorest Thai lose out, whilst the local "Komissar" attempts to gain "Brownie points".

Sheesh!

:o

She was an amazing lady, no need to enforce respect we all did in naturally :D

God rest her soul, a truly amazing princess and a befitting title to hold.