Stockmarket Trading, Forex, Commodities.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which version of eSignal are you using ? Do you trade forex ?

I use Version 8.0 (Build 782). Yes I know there are newer versions but the internet here is too slow for me to run my software on them. NO, I don't tade Forex, I trade futures primarily and occasionally options on futures (Forex), and straight options.

Paulo, looking back through your previous posts and screenshots you obviously like MACD as an indicator, presume you use this to measure overbrought/oversold conditions.

I notice that you change your parameters quite regularly for the MACD, and you certainly arent using the default 12,26,9.

Care to divulge your usage of this indicator and how you decide which settings you want to use ?

[/qu

MACD is in no way my primary indicator as its a step away from Price Action which is what i trade. The macd setting you are looking at 10,22,1. i was using this for divergence only and not a trigger. 12,26,9 default I can use as a confirmation after price action. I prefer the stochastic indicator for divergence, but if you do not understand it, can be a jackal and hyde indicator. 14,3,3 and 8,3,3 . ADX works well also filter with a 21 ema. There are so many methods that work well. You just have to find what works for you.

One must understand the when the opportunities are there and what type trader you are. you need to know how to analyze this. For example. 4hr EURUSD can give you 8 to 10 swings per week and 800 to 1500 pips

1hr chart can give you 32 swings per week , 7,8 swings perday about 500 pips per day total for the week 2566

30min 45 swings p/w , 11 to 12 swings p/d for 2969 total

15min 128 swings p/w 25 about , per/day = 1000 pips per/day and 4809 for the week.

This is just a brief explanation. This is far better than indicators. How much information you see when you look at a chart this way. This is only on the EU. If you do this on the majors you have some extemely powerful data to work from. There are more than enough pips on this one pair to make your dreams come true.

You need to know how often you can look at your computer, how fast you are on the computer, and how much time you want to spend trading.

• 3 months later...

Due to variants across LOS (and other countries for that matter) in internet connection, reliability, speeds etc, I was wondering if anyone finds this a problem?

Does anybody employ a backup internet connection, say with another provider?

What about VPNs? Without elaborating too much, is this a good idea?

Many thanks.

• 1 month later...

Greetings Fellow Investors

Here is a real time crude oil trade video clip for all to enjoy taking about 20 minutes from placing the order to exiting the transaction.

However, it has been sped up to conclude in about 30 sec

It was really exciting for me at least.

The long position was first entered, then reversed to short position.

Hope everyone will enjoy it as much as we did. LOL

post-110865-095309700 1286529068_thumb.g

post-110865-027493100 1286529087_thumb.g

Edited by mkawish

post-110865-000545400 1286530340_thumb.gpost-110865-002152800 1286530285_thumb.gpost-110865-076309000 1286530244_thumb.gpost-110865-026196100 1286530184_thumb.gpost-110865-026196100 1286530184_thumb.gpost-110865-026196100 1286530184_thumb.gpost-110865-026196100 1286530184_thumb.gpost-110865-001494800 1286530141_thumb.gpost-110865-001494800 1286530141_thumb.gpost-110865-001494800 1286530141_thumb.g

Greetings Fellow Investors

Here is a real time crude oil trade video clip for all to enjoy taking about 20 minutes from placing the order to exiting the transaction.

However, it has been sped up to conclude in about 30 sec

It was really exciting for me at least.

The long position was first entered, then reversed to short position.

Hope everyone will enjoy it as much as we did. LOL

Oh dear, it is not coming out as intended. Reposting consecutively from pix 1 to 9. Apology to everyone.

It seems that it is much easier to trade than to post pix to Thaivisa, for crying out loud! My last attempt. Either the correct sequences will show up or that you will see the reverse order of pix. Sorry again.

post-110865-057818400 1286530116_thumb.g,

post-110865-001494800 1286530141_thumb.g,post-110865-026196100 1286530184_thumb.g,post-110865-076309000 1286530244_thumb.g,post-110865-002152800 1286530285_thumb.g, post-110865-073812200 1286530310_thumb.g, post-110865-000545400 1286530340_thumb.g, post-110865-085687700 1286530360_thumb.g, post-110865-048698100 1286530383_thumb.g,

OK, I think I got all the sequences correct this final attempt. How Thaivisa will internalize the sequences is beyond my influence and comprehension. ENJOY EVERYONE. Have a profitable trading Friday everyone. SHABBAT SHALOM.

Edited by mkawish

Very interesting.

Would like to see some of your live action though.

Have any to post for us to learn and enjoy as well?

We are all eager to learn a few new tools to perhaps augment our current practices.

Hope you can show something concrete here.

Cheers

'mynextgig' date='2010-05-12 19:23:02' post='3589337'

Paulo, looking back through your previous posts and screenshots you obviously like MACD as an indicator, presume you use this to measure overbrought/oversold conditions.

I notice that you change your parameters quite regularly for the MACD, and you certainly arent using the default 12,26,9.

Care to divulge your usage of this indicator and how you decide which settings you want to use ?

[/qu

MACD is in no way my primary indicator as its a step away from Price Action which is what i trade. The macd setting you are looking at 10,22,1. i was using this for divergence only and not a trigger. 12,26,9 default I can use as a confirmation after price action. I prefer the stochastic indicator for divergence, but if you do not understand it, can be a jackal and hyde indicator. 14,3,3 and 8,3,3 . ADX works well also filter with a 21 ema. There are so many methods that work well. You just have to find what works for you.

One must understand the when the opportunities are there and what type trader you are. you need to know how to analyze this. For example. 4hr EURUSD can give you 8 to 10 swings per week and 800 to 1500 pips

1hr chart can give you 32 swings per week , 7,8 swings perday about 500 pips per day total for the week 2566

30min 45 swings p/w , 11 to 12 swings p/d for 2969 total

15min 128 swings p/w 25 about , per/day = 1000 pips per/day and 4809 for the week.

This is just a brief explanation. This is far better than indicators. How much information you see when you look at a chart this way. This is only on the EU. If you do this on the majors you have some extemely powerful data to work from. There are more than enough pips on this one pair to make your dreams come true.

You need to know how often you can look at your computer, how fast you are on the computer, and how much time you want to spend trading.

<BR>Very interesting.<BR><BR>Would like to see some of your live action though.<BR><BR>Have any to post for us to learn and enjoy as well?<BR><BR>We are all eager to learn a few new tools to perhaps augment our current practices.<BR><BR>Hope you can show something concrete here.<BR><BR>Cheers<BR><BR>
<BR>'mynextgig' date='2010-05-12 19:23:02' post='3589337'<BR>Paulo, looking back through your previous posts and screenshots you obviously like MACD as an indicator, presume you use this to measure overbrought/oversold conditions.<BR><BR>I notice that you change your parameters quite regularly for the MACD, and you certainly arent using the default 12,26,9.<BR><BR>Care to divulge your usage of this indicator and how you decide which settings you want to use ?<BR>[/qu<BR><BR>MACD is in no way my primary indicator as its a step away from Price Action which is what i trade. The macd setting you are looking at 10,22,1. i was using this for divergence only and not a trigger. 12,26,9 default I can use as a confirmation after price action. I prefer the stochastic indicator for divergence, but if you do not understand it, can be a jackal and hyde indicator. 14,3,3 and 8,3,3 . ADX works well also filter with a 21 ema. There are so many methods that work well. You just have to find what works for you.<BR><BR>One must understand the when the opportunities are there and what type trader you are. you need to know how to analyze this. For example. 4hr EURUSD can give you 8 to 10 swings per week and 800 to 1500 pips<BR><BR>1hr chart can give you 32 swings per week , 7,8 swings perday about 500 pips per day total for the week 2566<BR><BR>30min 45 swings p/w , 11 to 12 swings p/d for 2969 total<BR><BR>15min 128 swings p/w 25 about , per/day = 1000 pips per/day and 4809 for the week.<BR><BR>This is just a brief explanation. This is far better than indicators. How much information you see when you look at a chart this way. This is only on the EU. If you do this on the majors you have some extemely powerful data to work from. There are more than enough pips on this one pair to make your dreams come true.<BR><BR>You need to know how often you can look at your computer, how fast you are on the computer, and how much time you want to spend trading.<BR>
<BR>
<BR><BR>previous share tip BTU entry .73 last .154 NOW .45<BR><BR><BR>I don't post much anymore due to the amount of time i spend trading , so to post after work is more of a hassle than i can be bothered with. MACD is just another tool. I trade more from price action around zones of confluence etc..<BR><BR>Have been doing the normal trades on FX. High% entries. Does not seem to matter what i do as long as i stick to my method it will produce some daily pips. Alot of my trading at present is focused on Mining Stocks and Metals mainly. I am bullish: Tin, Copper, paladium etc. and have been long gold most of the year. like most people. <BR><BR>Just finished NFP trades for the week , so am of to bed. Any questions just ask and will do my best to reply in a timely manner.<BR><BR><A href="http://www.ideal4x.com">www.post-49444-068893600 1286545175_thumb.jppost-49444-092583000 1286545664_thumb.jpideal4x.com</A> Edited by Paulo1

Hi Paulo1

Thx for the post.

What I like to do is to follow your new trade(s), trades that you are just logging, not trades from the past, if that is ok with you.

The results you posted look very impressive. Congrats.

If you allow other traders to follow your trades, it would increase your claims and creditability many folds.

But then less than 1% of any traders or brokers would be willing to do that, right?

The reasons are very obvious too.

People can claim and say anything they want to, but only very few would be able to substantiate their claims as legitimate and as it happens.

Most are able to post transactions in the past to claim current creditability.

Hopefully, you are not one of those, Paulo1. Happy and profitable trading. Cheers.

<BR>Very interesting.<BR><BR>Would like to see some of your live action though.<BR><BR>Have any to post for us to learn and enjoy as well?<BR><BR>We are all eager to learn a few new tools to perhaps augment our current practices.<BR><BR>Hope you can show something concrete here.<BR><BR>Cheers<BR><BR>
<BR>'mynextgig' date='2010-05-12 19:23:02' post='3589337'<BR>Paulo, looking back through your previous posts and screenshots you obviously like MACD as an indicator, presume you use this to measure overbrought/oversold conditions.<BR><BR>I notice that you change your parameters quite regularly for the MACD, and you certainly arent using the default 12,26,9.<BR><BR>Care to divulge your usage of this indicator and how you decide which settings you want to use ?<BR>[/qu<BR><BR>MACD is in no way my primary indicator as its a step away from Price Action which is what i trade. The macd setting you are looking at 10,22,1. i was using this for divergence only and not a trigger. 12,26,9 default I can use as a confirmation after price action. I prefer the stochastic indicator for divergence, but if you do not understand it, can be a jackal and hyde indicator. 14,3,3 and 8,3,3 . ADX works well also filter with a 21 ema. There are so many methods that work well. You just have to find what works for you.<BR><BR>One must understand the when the opportunities are there and what type trader you are. you need to know how to analyze this. For example. 4hr EURUSD can give you 8 to 10 swings per week and 800 to 1500 pips<BR><BR>1hr chart can give you 32 swings per week , 7,8 swings perday about 500 pips per day total for the week 2566<BR><BR>30min 45 swings p/w , 11 to 12 swings p/d for 2969 total<BR><BR>15min 128 swings p/w 25 about , per/day = 1000 pips per/day and 4809 for the week.<BR><BR>This is just a brief explanation. This is far better than indicators. How much information you see when you look at a chart this way. This is only on the EU. If you do this on the majors you have some extemely powerful data to work from. There are more than enough pips on this one pair to make your dreams come true.<BR><BR>You need to know how often you can look at your computer, how fast you are on the computer, and how much time you want to spend trading.<BR>
<BR>
<BR><BR>previous share tip BTU entry .73 last .154 NOW .45<BR><BR><BR>I don't post much anymore due to the amount of time i spend trading , so to post after work is more of a hassle than i can be bothered with. MACD is just another tool. I trade more from price action around zones of confluence etc..<BR><BR>Have been doing the normal trades on FX. High% entries. Does not seem to matter what i do as long as i stick to my method it will produce some daily pips. Alot of my trading at present is focused on Mining Stocks and Metals mainly. I am bullish: Tin, Copper, paladium etc. and have been long gold most of the year. like most people. <BR><BR>Just finished NFP trades for the week , so am of to bed. Any questions just ask and will do my best to reply in a timely manner.<BR><BR><A href="http://www.ideal4x.com">www.post-49444-068893600 1286545175_thumb.jppost-49444-092583000 1286545664_thumb.jpideal4x.com</A>

<BR>Hi Paulo1<BR><BR>Thx for the post.<BR><BR>What I like to do is to follow your new trade(s), trades that you are just logging, not trades from the past, if that is ok with you.<BR><BR>The results you posted look very impressive. Congrats.<BR><BR>If you allow other traders to follow your trades, it would increase your claims and creditability many folds.<BR><BR>But then less than 1% of any traders or brokers would be willing to do that, right?<BR><BR>The reasons are very obvious too.<BR><BR>People can claim and say anything they want to, but only very few would be able to substantiate their claims as legitimate and as it happens.<BR><BR>Most are able to post transactions in the past to claim current creditability.<BR><BR>Hopefully, you are not one of those, Paulo1. Happy and profitable trading. Cheers.<BR><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR><BR>previous share tip BTU entry .73 last .154 NOW .45<BR><BR><BR>I don't post much anymore due to the amount of time i spend trading , so to post after work is more of a hassle than i can be bothered with. MACD is just another tool. I trade more from price action around zones of confluence etc..<BR><BR>Have been doing the normal trades on FX. High% entries. Does not seem to matter what i do as long as i stick to my method it will produce some daily pips. Alot of my trading at present is focused on Mining Stocks and Metals mainly. I am bullish: Tin, Copper, paladium etc. and have been long gold most of the year. like most people. <BR><BR>Just finished NFP trades for the week , so am of to bed. Any questions just ask and will do my best to reply in a timely manner.<BR><BR><A href="http://www.ideal4x.com">www.post-49444-068893600 1286545175_thumb.jppost-49444-092583000 1286545664_thumb.jpideal4x.com</A><BR>
<BR>
<BR><BR>HI MKawish,<BR><BR>I am certianly not one to post trades after the event. As you can see by past posts the trades have been posted as a buy and sometime later profit or loss incurred. <BR><BR>Because i ran a rather large portfolio for clients you must understand that i don't post the trade prior to my position being filled. Once filled i will then post. I don't want to let the cat out the bag and end up paying more because others have jumped over top. And it works the other way also. Sometime they do retrace and better positions are found by others. <BR><BR>I do not feel i need to prove anything on this forum or any other. My live accounts speak for themselves. Hence the reason i don't need to post to prove myself. If i do, consider it a bonus.<BR><BR>My view at present as stated in my previous post that i am bullish commods. Personally, i prefer quality ASX small caps and the odd futures contract. Have look at the Sugar post on about 18 moths ago. Many people dissagreed. Now look.<BR><BR>For the more secure risk adverse person i would suggest looking at MSF, CQT.<BR><BR>Some others I am watching are EVG, EVGO, CGT, FCN, RMR. Am liking NKO , DML.. AMX<BR><BR>Longer term holds i have are BAR, EYE, BTU, FAS, AVB.<BR><BR>I am presently in the market buying *$%& at .035 and will post when my order is complete. Having some difficulty filling my order at present, hopefully by month ends.<BR><BR>Cheers,

post-49444-079861000 1286583029_thumb.jp

Edited by Paulo1

• 2 weeks later...

BUY OMX .032

BUY MNC .21

Both listed on www.asx.com.au

Have done my research and am happy to own these.

Thats interesting Paulo, however the ASX had already closed when you posted this, so the only chance to buy was at todays open, at todays price, once the stock had moved. :unsure:

BUY OMX .032

BUY MNC .21

Thats interesting Paulo, however the ASX had already closed when you posted this, so the only chance to buy was at todays open, at todays price, once the stock had moved. :unsure:

Yeah , did not think it would move like that today. just finished my buy order yesterday and thats when i posted. I believe in the long term this company will give investors some nice gains. Also , OMX has not moved so its worth watching closely.

I wold have liked to have posted a week ago, but as i said in a previous post i will not post buys until i am set.

Good luck

Edited by Paulo1

Does anyone here use Metastock software for technical analysis trading equities? how do you find it?

Costs a hefty 500 US$ so im hoping for some feedback before buying!!

Hi ExpatJ,

Are you referring to the Metastock EOD program? They also have Metastock Pro which streams live data. i hear that its not that great. I have used Metastock EOD and have found it to do everything required, albeit a rather large program, but pretty easy to program.

A program i like and its very cheap is Pro Charts written by Simon Haines from Perth. He is his webstite, www.spacejock.com. you can get free charting here also. if you get Procharts run this scan. Volume increases over past 5 days and prcie increases over last three days. That scan should bring up about 8 stocks and you can do you analysis for the best protential winner.

If you want to purchase Metastock over Pro Charts, Send me a private message I may be able to help you get a better price. Also, you need to purchase data. You can use Yahoo data for free, It does miss the odd file here and there. www.justdata.com is good. ,

ALSO have been buy AOH on the asx.

Hope that helps.

Does anyone here use Metastock software for technical analysis trading equities? how do you find it?

Hi ExpatJ,

Are you referring to the Metastock EOD program? They also have Metastock Pro which streams live data. i hear that its not that great. I have used Metastock EOD and have found it to do everything required, albeit a rather large program, but pretty easy to program.

A program i like and its very cheap is Pro Charts written by Simon Haines from Perth. He is his webstite, www.spacejock.com. you can get free charting here also. if you get Procharts run this scan. Volume increases over past 5 days and prcie increases over last three days. That scan should bring up about 8 stocks and you can do you analysis for the best protential winner.

If you want to purchase Metastock over Pro Charts, Send me a private message I may be able to help you get a better price. Also, you need to purchase data. You can use Yahoo data for free, It does miss the odd file here and there. www.justdata.com is good. ,

Hope that helps.

Thanks- yes i am interested in the metastock eod-i have found a company philips in thailand that can provide the eod data for a few thousand baht per year. Ill check out spacejock this morning

what price can you offer for metastock?

Hi ExpatJ,

Hope that helps.

Thanks- yes i am interested in the metastock eod-i have found a company philips in thailand that can provide the eod data for a few thousand baht per year. Ill check out spacejock this morning

Unsure, will check that out on Monday.

I think $500 usd is a pretty good price. I think i paid about $1200 AUD ten years ago. the price you have been quoted for data in Thailand sounds about normal. Your data is everything, so its worth going with the most reliable.

Hi ExpatJ,

Hope that helps.

Unsure, will check that out on Monday.

I think $500 usd is a pretty good price. I think i paid about $1200 AUD ten years ago. the price you have been quoted for data in Thailand sounds about normal. Your data is everything, so its worth going with the most reliable.

The big question i suppose is- did you actually find yourself making more money with metastock? I started in January investing in the SET and basically rode the bull market upwards to make a 51% return doing some basic technical analysis - but the bull market is not going to last and i figure ill need more in depth analysis to keep the returns coming ...

Edited by ExpatJ

BUY OMX .032

BUY MNC .21

OMX hits .042, bid .04 pay to get set here.

MNC trades around the .39 zone.

BTU was a previous tip at .07 ish now up around .40. If holding these , Take profit. Project is good, but something in the wind which will cause the price to fall.

Attched is FX overview.

25_oct_2010_pound_set_for_pain_as_cameron_cuts_send_king_to_printing_press_r11.pdf

Edited by Paulo1

Does SET have a passive index fund or a ETF I can invest in?

How would I do this? (my Bangkok Bank does not allow me to invest through online banking)

Is there a capital gain tax here in Thailand?

Hi WC,

I don"t trade the SET , As far as i know there is no CGT in Thailand. I would seek professional advice as i could be wrong.

Cheers

How would I do this? (my Bangkok Bank does not allow me to invest through online banking)

Hi WC,

I don"t trade the SET , As far as i know there is no CGT in Thailand. I would seek professional advice as i could be wrong.

Cheers

Watch this space.. Hot tip comes next week. 2 month hold possible 100% gain.

OMX is well worth buying at these levels also. Directors are purchasing shares at present.

Hi WC,

Cheers

OMX is well worth buying at these levels also. Directors are purchasing shares at present.

Am waiting for entry long on the EURUSD and EURJPY. These trades are swing/position trades. Targets plus 1000 pips.

Strategy will be posted in due course.

Hi WC,

Cheers

Am waiting for entry long on the EURUSD and EURJPY. These trades are swing/position trades. Targets plus 1000 pips.

Strategy will be posted in due course.

With the EUR trades I am waiting for the US Index to test 80.

OMX increases yesterday, Closing at .04.

BUY code BUT .15 ASX listed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What is everyone talking about?

:cheesy: most of us think we know what we know then we know what we know is not....

havnt read past this post for now to scared of midas bot virus.

Good thread Paulo, people actually sharing real time trades :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

What is everyone talking about?

:cheesy: most of us think we know what we know then we know what we know is not....

havnt read past this post for now to scared of midas bot virus.

Good thread Paulo, people actually sharing real time trades :thumbsup:

Hi Zorro,

Thanks for the kind words.

Presently I have been buying CGT 0.45 , hit -074 a few days ago. Still holding OMX, CCC, Expect to see the price of coal to hit about $300 per/ton about april so now is a good time to take positions. I don't post all my trades here , or update my total prtfolio's on forums. To many jealous and people that don't appreciate the info...LOL

tly.

FX.

At present I am selling the EUR, GPB, against the USD, these trades should be triggered byt the 15th of Jan 11

Edited by Paulo1