Stockmarket Trading, Forex, Commodities.

Hi Guys, What's the best online platform to trade thai mutual funds/unit trusts? I remember reading it somewhere on this thread. Can someone tell me again. Thanks

I can not remember that platform. Hopefully someone else can.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is from a seasoned pro trader who wishes not to be named.

I. PRE TRADE

Before the trading day, I have sat with traders to determine if they have the

proper mindset for the day. You would be surprised how many traders

answer all the questions right when they sit across my desk, but then at the

end of the day, we look back over their trades and see all the rules they

broke. During the heat of the moment, psychological factors come into play

and traders can make bad decisions. Bad decisions that they even know at

the time are wrong, yet they can’t avoid them. These momentary lapses of

judgment are the second biggest reason that traders lose money, only behind

poor risk management. Each trader’s psychological makeup is different and

each trader faces their own unique set of problems.

In 42 BC, Publilius Syrus said “Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is

calm”. This quote defines the separation between knowing the rules and

executing them. A trader may be able to recite all the important trading

rules before the trading day, but when faced with the challenges of a live

market, fails to follow them.

You must also be able to apply what you’ve learned on a daily basis. Your

trading career will be a never ending quest for knowledge. Knowledge

about basic rules, knowledge about strategies, and most importantly,

knowledge about yourself. You must determine what mental road blocks

you will encounter and find a way to beat them. Veteran traders never stop

trying when they hit a bump in life. Because, they spend every day of their

life enduring obstacles, and for the sake of their careers, they must find ways

around them. You too will be challenged in your quest to become a trader,

and you too will have to overcome all obstacles

Edited by Paulo1

If you can not make money from this. STOP TRADING

Main Themes

1. USDJPY: A structural base and turn in monthly chart trend?..

-AA number of signals have come together simultaneously on the monthly chart to argue that a major turn in underlying trend should now be under way

-The key to opening a material rally towards the high-90s and possibly 100 should be a clean/clear weekly close above 84.18-85.53

-If this is the correct interpretation, the setup coming together now on USDJPY could become comparable to EURUSD’s base and eventual upside turn from the ’2000 low at 0.8228

2. NIKKEI: Multi-year shift in relative performance and trend?..

Some of the most interesting asset markets charts at this point are the multi-year G3 benchmark equity index ratios

-The Nikkei appears well set to make a major turn, potentially becoming the out-performer. Over recent months this has tended to be correlated to JPY-weakness

-Its own individual setup also looks very constructive, with a monthly close above the downtrend from the April ’10 high potentially targeting at least 12,200

3. EUR: Peripheral stabilisation and recovery in EUR/Crosses?..

-Over recent weeks the strongest cross asset guide to the EUR’s performance has been the strength of peripheral asset markets

-As broad guides, both the Italian and Spanish benchmark equity indices (MIB and IBEX) appear to have based and may well recover significantly further over time

-With this in mind it seems quite feasible EUR continues to perform relatively well, particularly in the crosses. EURJPY and EURCHF stand out as two potential bullish contenders

4. AUD: In the process of peaking, likely set to under-perform?..

-First of all to put things into perspective, the AUD/Broad Index(*) rallied ~52.8% from the ’08 low to this year’s high, that means AUD ralliedon average ~52.8% vs every “Old World G10” currency

-It appears that a structural top on the index is being set and the AUD may now enter at least a multi-month corrective under-performance phase

-AUDUSD isn’t particularly clear, but in crosses such as EURAUD and AUDCAD the AUD looks well set to under-perform (essentially mean-revert) over the coming months

5. GOLD: Losing its shine?..

-Gold, along with many other out-performers such as JPY and AUD, seems to be on the turn, at least for a major correction – particularly in the “cross markets”

-Gold in EUR-terms is probably the “stand out” chart. It has recently broken below its 55-wma after anextreme run of 213 consecutive weekly closes above and could well correct another ~17%

-The other really interesting chart is Gold in INR-terms; potentially looks set to drop ~25% from current levels if a topping structure can complete (USDINR may also have formed a major top)

Have been long the Nikkei225 since before xmas when i wrote this. Last night took 85% profit of position @ 15913. :)

USDJPY have taken 75% of position, Held since 81.50 currently trading at 101.98.

GY, EY, UY, and AY all produced great returns from trades entered last night.

Index: ASX200 (XJO) or equivalent price in June SPI

Sell @ market 5190 stop 5280. close 50% at 5040

A close today below 5163 in cash will be a major sell signal, confirming a false break of the high from the 12th of

March.

BHP sell limit @ market $33.90 stop $35.75 Target $31.00

This morning's sell-off tells me that we are still under the influence of the lower distribution and this false break is a great opportunity to get short.

Closed 50% at 5040

Closed 100% at $33

Daily sell signal alerts on. DAX , SnP.;

Daily sell signal proved correct once again. Am building short positions in all indices.

Sell @ market 5190 stop 5280. close 50% at 5040

A close today below 5163 in cash will be a major sell signal, confirming a false break of the high from the 12th of

March.

BHP sell limit @ market $33.90 stop $35.75 Target $31.00

This morning's sell-off tells me that we are still under the influence of the lower distribution and this false break is a great opportunity to get short.

Above the signal posted and here is a pic of the trade so far.

post-49444-0-91220900-1369379883_thumb.p

Edited by Paulo1

For trading tonight at this point I am looking at shorting GY,EY AY UY . This could change on a dime. Just some to watch.

Edited, Forgot to say just looking at scalping. 5 to 20 pip trades, if they run more great. :)

Edited by Paulo1

For trading tonight at this point I am looking at shorting GY,EY AY UY . This could change on a dime. Just some to watch.

Edited, Forgot to say just looking at scalping. 5 to 20 pip trades, if they run more great. smile.png

EY total pips profit last night= 51

AY Total. 72

Got chopped on the EURUSD for a loss of 24.

SPI stop moved to 5170

I am sure you have all heard the statistic that 95% of all people that try trading fail. Let’s examine how this occurs so that you know how to avoid becoming a statistic.

Let’s look at a sample population of 100 new traders. At least 20 of those traders will choose an unsuitable strategy, given their time constraints. Another 20 of those traders will get the wrong rules of trading and never make progress. Another 30 traders will get the right rules, but will be unable to follow them. That leaves 30 traders that even have a chance of being successful. These 30 traders will spend their entire trading career, be it 6 months or 20 years, trying to avoid pitfalls and stay ahead of the curve. Over time, they will dwindle and, on average, only about 5 will stay in the business for longer than a few years.

This is from a seasoned pro trader who wishes not to be named.
I. PRE TRADE
Before the trading day, I have sat with traders to determine if they have the
proper mindset for the day. You would be surprised how many traders
answer all the questions right when they sit across my desk, but then at the
end of the day, we look back over their trades and see all the rules they
broke. During the heat of the moment, psychological factors come into play
and traders can make bad decisions. Bad decisions that they even know at
the time are wrong, yet they can’t avoid them. These momentary lapses of
judgment are the second biggest reason that traders lose money, only behind
poor risk management. Each trader’s psychological makeup is different and
each trader faces their own unique set of problems.
In 42 BC, Publilius Syrus said “Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is
calm”. This quote defines the separation between knowing the rules and
executing them. A trader may be able to recite all the important trading
rules before the trading day, but when faced with the challenges of a live
market, fails to follow them.
You must also be able to apply what you’ve learned on a daily basis. Your
trading career will be a never ending quest for knowledge. Knowledge
about basic rules, knowledge about strategies, and most importantly,
knowledge about yourself. You must determine what mental road blocks
you will encounter and find a way to beat them. Veteran traders never stop
trying when they hit a bump in life. Because, they spend every day of their
life enduring obstacles, and for the sake of their careers, they must find ways
around them. You too will be challenged in your quest to become a trader,
and you too will have to overcome all obstacles

Just thought I would post this again as its the beginning of a new trading week.

Hoping gold goes down as well with at least 200 pips smile.png

Anyone here who has a good spread on gold? I got 10 pips spread lowest and max 30 pips, average spread on gold of around ~23 pips.

Will have low liquidity today due to public holidays in US and GB.

All positions on hold and silver r now closed smile.png

Btw Paulo, howmuch is your spread on XAUUSD (gold)?

around 30 @ present on Synergy, 50 on Vantage and FXCM, And on the EURUSD SynergyFX I am getting .5 average.

Edited by Paulo1

Not at all Paulo

I like them very much, low spread, fast executions, no slippage and/or requires at all.

I trade with them on my 1gbit vps in Bangkok on their Asian server which is in Singapore and have very low latency!

(Vps because of using my EA 24/5, no need to watch it, frankly I don't watch it at all, just withdraw every month 25% of balance :))

Almost forgot to mention, sign up using cashbackforex.com as they provide rebates $5 per million

Better than nothing right? :)

Service/support/deposit/withdrawal/approvals are all VERY fast/good.

No I don't work for them lol

Almost forgot to mention, sign up using cashbackforex.com as they provide rebates $5 per million

Better than nothing right? smile.png

LOL. They look pretty good. May use them as my NZ broker and see what happens from there. If they have a referral bonus will use you, perhaps you can get a bonus. Happy with Synergy also.

LOL. They look pretty good. May use them as my NZ broker and see what happens from there. If they have a referral bonus will use you, perhaps you can get a bonus. Happy with Syn

Edited by Paulo1

LOL. They look pretty good. May use them as my NZ broker and see what happens from there. If they have a referral bonus will use you, perhaps you can get a bonus. Happy with Synergy also.

On the Pro accounts Synergy and Excel are similar. On the standard account Synergy spreads are much better. Average for synergy EURUSD is .5 and Excel is 1.27. I think Excel is still very good and worth while.

TIPS:

First learn to actively participate in the market without losing money. Then, use your fiscal game plan to achieve monthly profits.

Gain experience by becoming familiar with the way the market moves and using the trend style of trading.

Keep it simple. Use common sense to make sound judgment calls and don’t over complicate it.

Use math to keep the odds and probability on your side. Position yourself as the house, not the gambler.

Avoid taking big losses. Determine your max loss before you enter and stick to it.

Only trade if there is a clear and present trend.

Don’t try to predict the future, just identify the present state of the market and stay on the winning side.

For trade entry, buy on dips and sell on bounces.

Use caution when in a trade during an economic release. New information for the market to disseminate can drastically alter the trend.

Assess the risk of a trade by using recent lows and highs.

Assess the reward of the trade by watching average ranges and current volatility.

During a trade, watch all currency pairs that could have an impact on your position. An early tip off in an ancillary pair can save you money.

Always know why you entered the trade and ensure that you only stay in as long as that logic holds true. Do not rationalize new logic to stay in a trade, or you are simply relying on luck.

Upon entry, immediately place a stop loss order. This is your insurance policy in case the trade turns against you quickly.

Piecing out on winners is a good strategy for managing profits in trend trading.

Never let good winners turn into losers. Always move your stop up as the trade improves.

Don’t force trades. If the day is not ideal for trend trading, you must have the discipline to stay on the sidelines.

Lol doesn't every trader already know these things?

Regarding spreads, it very much depends on time of the day (which session). I've had E/U @ 0.1-0.2 as well a few times. And ofcourse it depends on which pair you like to trade. I'm not so much into E/U so that's fine, others I know only trade this pair and nothing else. Yes Synergy is also in my top 5 :)

Lol doesn't every trader already know these things?

Regarding spreads, it very much depends on time of the day (which session). I've had E/U @ 0.1-0.2 as well a few times. And ofcourse it depends on which pair you like to trade. I'm not so much into E/U so that's fine, others I know only trade this pair and nothing else. Yes Synergy is also in my top 5 smile.png

LOl, I guess it doesn't matter using a EA that returns 4% monthly.which is pretty good considering you don't have to watch the market at all., However, many people do not have the ability to build EAs, and who can you trust to build one using your IP .?

So they need to learn the basics. And thats why I post tips and tricks. No doubt someone will find them useful even if you don't.. Being a traditional trader I could never use an EA i did not fully understand the math behind it.

Added another AUDUSD short at 9615 this morning. And long GY 153.80 today,, yesterday entry 152.68

Moving Average crossover TIPs.

The failure of the price to rally above a previous high is a piece of evidence that offsets the crossover.

The sharper the angle of ascent or decent, the more likely the crossover will turn out to be a whipsaw.