Stockmarket Trading, Forex, Commodities.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Index: ASX200 (XJO) or equivalent price in June SPI

Sell @ market 5190 stop 5280. close 50% at 5040

A close today below 5163 in cash will be a major sell signal, confirming a false break of the high from the 12th of

March.

BHP sell limit @ market $33.90 stop $35.75 Target $31.00

This morning's sell-off tells me that we are still under the influence of the lower distribution and this false break is a great opportunity to get short.

Index: ASX200 (XJO) or equivalent price in June SPI

Above the signal posted and here is a pic of the trade so far.

ASX200 trade update. Trade was entered as above, closed 50% at 5040, now moved the stop to 5105

Not posting many FX trades as i am trading from the 5 min method and am just targeting 5 to 20 pip trades using 8 to 24 lot positions. Too quick to post, plus i need to be on the ball. Today i have had 12 winners and 2 losses. Trading EU. AU, NZDUSD, GY, and am holdin AUDUSD shorts for the past 7 weeks on a position trade netting 950 pips so far. That trade was also posted prior the move. Hope some of you got it.

post-49444-0-37201600-1369830263_thumb.p

Edited by Paulo1

Survival.

The most important rule of trading is staying in the game. It doesn’t matter how well you “could” have done if you lost your entire trading account during the learning process.

Veteran traders commonly employ multiple strategies depending on the current state of the market. But, as a new trader, you must start with one strategy and learn it.

No single trade is ever worth ending your trading career.

“No matter how bad the trade seems it can always get worse.”

You must have a long term mindset… not a get rich quick scheme.

Take the responsibility for all actions that occur and don’t blame anything or anyone else, ever.

No matter how much you think it, the market never owes you anything.

Took some cool pipage on shorting EY and UY during early London thumbsup.gif

Need those breaks.

I went UJ short at 100.79 and AU 97.74 . Also took a cable trade short at.1.5208 and the Kiwi yesterday @8094. Never took the GY or EY as they did not qualify for the method i used. Thought the EURGBP was going to tank, so went short and got hit for 16 pip loss.

Not a bad week in all.

• 3 weeks later...

"S&P watching of 1584"

"DOW breaks resistance at 14606, current 14631, No reversal signal yet".

S&P chart attached.

Had a high of 1590 and currently short.

DJ30.. Possible reversal at 14821 down to 14431. entry zones sell limit 14645.70 , sell stop 14394.26

Silver watching 18. 17 and for gold 1300, 1153. Currently holding shorts from last friday. Bias + bullish. Presents an excellent buying opportunity.

Nothing has changed in regards to Gold and Silver buy zones.

S&P much the same price action as 2008, except divergence is not at the same extremes.

Edited by Paulo1

Just curious from posters trading commodites, what's been your long term performance record? Do you treat it as full time or just something occasionally? Curious because commodity trading is the biggest rush I've done and the money is simply staggering but I hear about so many people losing everything after a winning streak. For what its worth, I'm up 43% for the month, shorting $CAD against $USD and a huge gold short position paid off today. :)

Just curious from posters trading commodites, what's been your long term performance record? Do you treat it as full time or just something occasionally? Curious because commodity trading is the biggest rush I've done and the money is simply staggering but I hear about so many people losing everything after a winning streak. For what its worth, I'm up 43% for the month, shorting $CAD against $USD and a huge gold short position paid off today.

Long term record exceptional. Full time. When I get a win I don't get a rush, as when I get a looser I don't get down, Its part of trading and the less emotion involved the better. :) Its easy to be right sometimes and make excellent returns for a period, however its much more difficult to be consistent. I am consistent with returns above 10% monthly.

$USD short is interesting. Spelling mistake perhaps.

Nice return for the month. :)

Good to see you still pulling in the Profits Paulo............

I still tune in on a regular basis to read up on the thread. Good stuff as always.

Hi Chivas,

Good to hear you are still about. Was wondering the other day about how you were trading. How is it?

Most trades or alerts posted here have been pretty good. Still believe a big down move in indices and am presently shorting gold and silver , but also searching for the bottom reversal. To me yesterday/last night was a serious push down. Was speaking to one of my brokers the beginning of the week saying I thought gold may bottom around 1150 area, that failing would look 1000/971 zone.

Looks like China is in deep shit also.

Yesterday went short GY at 151.24 , needs a close below 149.22 and EY short at 127.84, target 124.88. Also shorted Cable, 157.20 and watch 152.60. 150.00 be a nice target to hit. and the AUD, Kiwi, just so many opportunities, scares me to think why. Had a number of small scalps also, most were profitable.

Ending this month my % gain should be up there around 25 %ish.

http://www.pentoport.com/mp3/MRC130626.mp3

Edited by Paulo1

Todays trades ,.looking for more sell entries.

Daily Chart zones.

Cable, Watching 1.5335/80 to sell

EU support down around 1.2980 area.,favoring the short-side here. Continue looking for price action sell signals from resistance if the market retraces higher.

EURJPY, More downside movement is possible in this market as key support is not seen until down around 125.00. Currently trading at 127.40

GBPJPY. looking to add sell entries around 150.05/50 zone. Looking for 4hr, 1hr candle reversal signals.

The AUDUSD tried to move higher today but showed some rejection of higher prices and resistance up near the 8 day EMA and 0.9325 resistance, any entry here would only make sense on downward momentum; on a sell stop below the pin low or inside candle low.

Spot gold . Inside bars on the daily charts with the dominant daily trend are often good continuation / breakout signals like this.

@Paulo

Loved the first 4 Words you wrote on your #1420....

Class pure Class !! (I did wonder if our "friend" who didnt understand "Cable" had read it !!)

Yes am still pulling in steady profits and concentrate on Cac and Dax. Thanks for asking.....

Edited by Chivas

@Paulo

Class pure Class !! (I did wonder if our "friend" who didnt understand "Cable" had read it !!)

Yes am still pulling in steady profits and concentrate on Cac and Dax. Thanks for asking.....

Great to hear you are doing well trading.

Gold COT Data Show Bottoming Condition on the 14th (open interest) Since then it has tanked so tomorrow be very interesting.

I also wonder how many traders were able to trade the GY 1 hour chart channel from the 20th June. Have a look at the chart. Money for jam. Have taken over 800 pips since then...:) And not small positions either. Loaded.

@Paulo

Gold COT Data Show Bottoming Condition on the 14th (open interest) Since then it has tanked so tomorrow be very interesting.

I also wonder how many traders were able to trade the GY 1 hour chart channel from the 20th June. Have a look at the chart. Money for jam. Have taken over 800 pips since then...smile.png And not small positions either. Loaded.

Paulo you should market your trades !! Good stuff indeed.......

@Paulo

I also wonder how many traders were able to trade the GY 1 hour chart channel from the 20th June. Have a look at the chart. Money for jam. Have taken over 800 pips since then...smile.png And not small positions either. Loaded.

Thanks Chivas,

Daily

EURUSD sell 1.3063 stop 3060 or 3095 depending on your risk model. target 2950 and beyond. Watch the DXY, IDX for confirmation breakout higher.

@Paulo

Thanks Chivas,

Daily

EURUSD sell 1.3063 stop 3060 or 3095 depending on your risk model. target 2950 and beyond. Watch the DXY, IDX for confirmation breakout higher.

This trade was entered 1.3036 and 3063. Stop was moved higher to 3169. Current price 1.3067. Like to see a daily close below the figure.(1,3000)

USDJPY Entry using daily chart analysis was but at 98.61, stop remains at 97.71.

Cable, Daily looks to have more downside with a support target of 1.5000

Added a short on the Kiwi at 7932, currently 7736, original position was entered at 8478

AUDUSD continue to hold a short from 1.0489

AY long was 90.16 entry.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Brief Overview .

Short CHFJPY 107.50

AUDUSD long 9066, bias will change on a close below 9220, Anticipate a large swing higher. AUDCAD target parity, about 400 pip upside.

S&P. High will be hit next week, time to set shorts.

SPX volatility index.

The index is back to its lows, however cycles are looking higher, this meaning more volatility in the markets.

The yield in Dutch bonds should continue higher.

Johnson and Johnson.

JNJ, continue down till October. A close above 90 will be a buy signal.

Apple stay away.

Gold and Silver both search for a bottom, Accumulating buy positions. Silver watch 18.20 and Gold a280 a huge zone and 1180 support.

US Bonds.

USE ETFs. I never use leveraged ones as they tend to erode in value. Try buying TBF to short long end of the curve.

Entry points in regards to candle formations at resistance.

Sells.

S&P Entry 1705 stop 1711.50

DJ30 Entry 8616.60 stops 8659

SPX neutral.

Be prepared for a move high on Fed news realize coming tomorrow.

All entries are based on R/R. My belief is there is a huge correction coming and trying ti trade tops at present can be risky as we are unsure if a top is in place.

I'm also not sure if the S&Ps can even trade under 1670 without more broad based selling. Reasons for concern, it's a narrow rally without resting bids, and except for hurting shorts, I don't see the risk-reward for getting long. A down move from record highs is not a place to buy into weakness.

With u on the correction, must FED news is already measured in, spikes are to be expected, I am sticking to short but hedge in other intruments.

No sure really how factored in the price, in relation to the FED at present. Its too difficult to judge really, especially with Summer pulling out, that's sent the market in a spin.

My long tern view is extremely negative so I don't mind setting positions at these levels. Much like the GBPNZD short I did about 18 months ago. Was stopped on first entry minus 200 pips, then it popped higher and I re-entered and ended up with over 2000 pips. If would not surprise me if something like that happens again.

The few weeks I have been trading the CHFJPY. monthly, weekly , daily all at a huge zone. For scalps can look at the 30 min chart , can see 107.15 sell zone, and 107.50, may move to 107.50 area tonight, have sells pending at that number.

Other than that I doing some scalps, Last night cracked the USDCAD sell from 1.03170 stop 1.03282, and was out at 1.0280, not a huge trade but nice considering I had 5 lots on it.

Edited by Paulo1