Transfer Deposit From Tropical Hills To Himmapan

debsirn

I am an investor for Tropical hill development in Koh samui Thailand.I would like to know what other investors in the same developement think about the proposal from the developer to transfer our deposit to Himmapan.

Personally, I think the developer is greedy and no intention to finish Tropical hill. I think the offer from the developer is unfair and unacceptable.We investor should stick together to push deveoper to finish tropical hill.

Please PM me I would like to know your thought.

I am an investor for Tropical hill development in Koh samui Thailand.I would like to know what other investors in the same developement think about the proposal from the developer to transfer our deposit to Himmapan.

Personally, I think the developer is greedy and no intention to finish Tropical hill. I think the offer from the developer is unfair and unacceptable.We investor should stick together to push deveoper to finish tropical hill.

Please PM me I would like to know your thought.

you need legal advice....go to Pensit and Laws, or Manits and Lawyers and Crawshaws Inter Laws

good luck :o

Personally, I think the developer is greedy and no intention to finish Tropical hill.

If thatΒ΄s the case i think you should like you say all go together and push them to finalize. Of course thereΒ΄s maybe the small possibility that they perhaps ran out of money and actually canΒ΄t finish? :o

Kind of seen that one before on this island.... :D .

Good luck to you whatever the case is.

When I decided to buy into a villa in Troical Hills in 2006 I was aware that the developer ambitiously plan to build Himmapan. I thought they would build Tropical hills at highest standarf so that potential investor will be interested in investing in Himmapan. This event absolutely discredit the credibility of this developer....I doubt it if they can not even finish a small size of the development like Tropical Hills how can they possibly complete the very high scale development like Himmapan.

Oh, Himmapan.

Have they built the 13 swimming pools, 11 restaurants, Cinema, Bowling alley, 600 meter lake with water taxis, etc etc?

:o:D :D

It looks like they are starting to build the beach side restaurant and facilities. The Thai vendors have gone from the vacant space and replaced with a pile driver. Now about 20 concrete piles driven in.

Tropical Hills is not the same developer as Himmapan, just the same marketing agent, even those the marketing agent for Tropical Hills and what was the Peak has been sacked by the current developer of Himmapan and is now being marketed by DTZ....

As far as I know the director of Tropical Hills development also heavily involve with developing Himmapan.

The problem we are complaining is we sign SPA to buy a VILLA and already paid huge amount deposit. Now the developer decide not to build Villa in tropical hill and try to force us to transfer our deposit to buy a 2bed-room apartment in Himmapan at the price which is 50% more expensive than what we agree for the price of villa. This is absolutely unfair and unacceptable.

Good reason to complain...that's outrageous! and unless they are offering something that is better and the same price then why would anyone agree to it? I am beginning to think if you cant get your money back or even win legally then what is the point of a SPA in Thailand, bad times ahead I think!

If you signed as SPA, and they have not delivered what they promised, they should be a clause in the agreement that entitles you to your money back with interest.

Who was your lawyer that you appointed to go over the contracts before you signed???, as he will be able to bring up the clause for you, thus get your money back.

good luck

Who was your lawyer that you appointed to go over the contracts before you signed???,as he will be able to bring up the clause for you, thus get your money back.

lawyer versus developer ........ interesting.

A standard contract to purchase an Off - Plan villa will have a clause in case it is not built at all or in the time frame stated.

The buyers appointed lawyer SHOULD have checked this...

What it seems is the Agent is only trying to keep the client on, but the client SHOULD have complete legal rights to back out of this deal and get a FULL REFUND plus interest....

Who was your lawyer that you appointed to go over the contracts before you signed???,as he will be able to bring up the clause for you, thus get your money back.

lawyer versus developer ........ interesting.

depends on the lawyer...even sometimes the developer...who was the OP's lawyer?? :o

This is the oldest trick in the book (OK, second oldest): knowing that the buyer has little knowledge of how things work in Thailand, the agent puts on airs about changing the price, or plan, or forgetting to mention ANYTHING that could benefit you.

You are the rube, the "John," the easy mark.

Unless you signed a contract created on the spot by the seller on the back of a coconut palm leaf, you are covered. He's trying to bully you (so far sucessfullly, it appears) with false bravado since you don't know he's blowing nothing but hot air.

Just get educated and do the research (posting here is very, very incidental to actually getting to the bottom of anything around here).

As they say, "Luck favors the well prepared."

edit spelling, D'oh!

Edited by Mark Wolfe

I think this is more of a case of stirring up some negativity ( hardly the first time ) for the Projects concerned personally, judging by the OP's non appearance on this " absolutely unfair & unacceptable " situation & thread for the past 3 days....

OP, if you are serious, why are you not answering my PM's regarding this Post which i sent you on the day you fiorst Posted this in which i am directly doing what you wanted people to do, in the OP ??

Edited by MSingh

Given the hair-trigger of some moderators, this thread and the OP must have been judged acceptable and not skirting the fringes of defamation. So we can conclude it is all true.

What's true? That some "developer" took deposits to build something they advertised in a fancy brochure only in the end not to fulfill their end of the deal and cheat people out of their money? Does anyone really believe things like that happen on Samui? I still think there's some kind of brain-shrinking machine at each point of entry into Thailand that they zap farang with when they arrive because so many fall for these old tricks over and over again. Somehow, they missed me of course. :o

Edited by koheesti

Given the hair-trigger of some moderators, this thread and the OP must have been judged acceptable and not skirting the fringes of defamation. So we can conclude it is all true.

The only defamatory thing I've read in this thread so far is your post describing the OP as " the rube, the "John," the easy mark"

Rube: an awkward, unsophisticated person from a rural area

The Mark: The target of a confidence trick

A John: Customer of a street prostitute (USA)

:o actually, its being watched and am still waiting, like mSingh, to see if the OP will bother to return. if not, it will be closed and deleted for trolling.

:o actually, its being watched and am still waiting, like mSingh, to see if the OP will bother to return. if not, it will be closed and deleted for trolling.

I did open this thread to gather contact of those who unfortunate to be in the same position as myself. Since most investors are from the UK so I get some contacts from other forums (only one from this forum)

Anyway, many thanks for your advice and comments.

MSingh, I received your PM and did send reply to your email. You know it is TRUE. You claim that you did invest 2 units in TH so I wonder how come you still didn't receive letter from the agent.