2x Tv Kuala Lumpur

I spoke to them on the phone last week and they said it would be no problem to get a double entry, although someone with recent experience would more useful as you can never trust 100% what they tell you over the phone.

I asked them about onward tickets, and they said that as I am British (which I note you are from your previous passport thread), there was no need for onward tickets, just a photo, application and 110 RM (about 1,000 baht per entry fee).

I was in Johor Bahru last week and never made it back up to KL in the end as I flew back from Singapore with no visa. Interesting to note that neither the airline, nor immigration gave 2 hoots whether I had a visa or an onward ticket. I just got a 30 day exempt stamp as my non-o expired a few weeks ago and I am planning a trip back for a new one in the new year.

Info for KL embassy. Might try an email that way you have something on paper.

Royal Thai Embassy, Kuala Lumpur

206 Jalan Ampang 50450 Kuala Lumpur

Tel.(60-3) 2148-8222, 2148-8350, 2148-8420, 2145-8004

Fax.(60-3) 2148-6527, 2148-6615

E-mail : [email protected],[email protected]

Office Hours : Monday - Friday 09.00-13.00 hrs. and 14.00-17.00 hrs.

Visa and Consular Section : 09.30 - 13.00 hrs.

Edited by ubonjoe

As far as I know, from my own experience and people who posted in this forum, Thai embassy in KL do not give 2X TV. However as each Thai embassy and/or consulate has their own rules, in which can be changed over night, the only way to know is the day when you apply. Though I have witnessed a situation whereby the staff asked a young applicant - who where just ahead of me in the queue - for his return tickets, the same staff did not ask me for that; which logically means it is up to them to evaluate each applicant situation. Just put that in your mind, and good luck.

Bishop :o

Just another point which hasn't yet been mentioned.

Consulates can have different policies on issuing tourist visas to different nationalities.

Some examples:

Back in the day when Penang used to issue 6 month tourist visas a Filipino could get a double entry whereas an Australian (and other western nationalities) could get a triple entry.

Recently in Vientiane I noticed that Nigerians could only get a single entry whereas most other nationalities could get double entries.

Thanks all. I suspected KL wouldnt give the 2x (even if some have been lucky). Good to have clarification. Safest bet still Vientiane then. (Bit of a pain only because NokAir no longer fly from CMX to Udon. :o At least its only every six months :D )