England Vs Germany

bangkok blue

probably on a thai channel.Last week i tuned into channel 7 and watched spurs v liverpool in the carling cup,and clicked on audio and was able to change the commentary from thai to english.

Another friendly? It's no wonder the EPL managers are pulling out their stars. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND ENERGY

probably on a thai channel.Last week i tuned into channel 7 and watched spurs v liverpool in the carling cup,and clicked on audio and was able to change the commentary from thai to english.

Another friendly? It's no wonder the EPL managers are pulling out their stars. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND ENERGY

yes and i reckon that's what they're doing,maybe faking injuries so they dont have to play and you cant blame them with all the money tied up in EPL,shame though,there was a time when to play for your country was well sought after.

yes and i reckon that's what they're doing,maybe faking injuries so they dont have to play and you cant blame them with all the money tied up in EPL,shame though,there was a time when to play for your country was well sought after.

there still is, its called World Cup Qualifying, not line the FA's pocket with friendly money.

ironically the majority of the players still think that way. gerrard for example absolutely loves playing for england. it's the clubs that control this and when you consider the money that they pay the players in wages, you can understand their attitude. the risk of players getting injured in pointless friendlies is too much unfortunately.

It's scheduled for Thai Channel 7 at 2.45 am (match starts at 3am). True Sports 3 is showing the Scotland v Argentina match at 3am.

thats wed.right?

Wednesday evening in England, Thursday morning in Thailand.

And weekend here in Saudi :D

Have you got that oil back yet MrBJ ?? :o

I hope the game's better than the U-21 last night...ahhhhh :D

When I posted the kick off time as 3 am, that was the time being shown on most web pages. Now, the kick off time is being shown as 2.45 am.

So tune in at the earlier time in order to see all of this "important" (yeah, right!) match.

When I posted the kick off time as 3 am, that was the time being shown on most web pages. Now, the kick off time is being shown as 2.45 am.

So tune in at the earlier time in order to see all of this "important" (yeah, right!) match.

A win against Germany is always welcome, especially on their own soil :o

A win against Germany is always welcome, especially on their own soil :D

Absolutely Chavy :o

That was the best display by an England team I've seen for ages.When the cock up between Carson and Terry led to their goal,I expected the worst.But this squad,under Capello, is made of sterner stuff.They actually took the game to Germany and looked the more likely side to score.John Terry's winner was thoroughly deserved.Were the players committed to 'this meaningless game?'That was there for all to see!

Now comes the question,was it all worth it?Well,taking the result aside,do we want a squad to challenge for the World Cup,using these types of games for Capello to assess players on the international stage and the F.A and the Premier League clubs allow him to do his job unhindered or do they and the media make his job and impossible one,the result of which will be abject failure.......and,who do they blame when it happens?

When the cock up between Carson and Terry led to their goal,I expected the worst.

Carson was responsible for that goal as well costing us defeat v Croatia last year, if you come out that far youve got to make sure you get the ball.

Goalkeeping is the biggest worry for the WC2010 the best it seems we have is James and he is crap now so i dont know what he'll be like in 18 months.

Is Hart going to be world class in a year? as ive no faith whatsoever in Carson, James or Robinson

When the cock up between Carson and Terry led to their goal,I expected the worst.

Carson was responsible for that goal as well costing us defeat v Croatia last year, if you come out that far youve got to make sure you get the ball.

Goalkeeping is the biggest worry for the WC2010 the best it seems we have is James and he is crap now so i dont know what he'll be like in 18 months.

Is Hart going to be world class in a year? as ive no faith whatsoever in Carson, James or Robinson

I agree & our Robert Green, even though he's an excellent shot stopper, isn't good enough in my opinion...

Maybe Kirkland would be a serious contender if he could keep fit ??

& what's happened to Ben Foster ??

Must agree with the Old Git though, the is a certain something about this England Team & a certain something i haven't seen since Italia 90..

Not just saying it but that certain something i think is that we could go extremely close if we get a bit of luck, i seriously believe that & will lay a few Rupee's on it too... :o

Ferguson was talking about Ben Foster recently saying he is Englands best keeper which he has to say really, but if he cant get a first team place at the age of 25 he cant be that outstanding.

I predicted Seaman to be a liability in Japan, just as Shilton was in 1990 and he made an identical error, hence my worries that we've no decent keeper, when everything else is looking tickityboo.

Wigan fans were singing Kirkland is Englands no1 last week, maybe a Wigan fan on here can say what he is like, he was the best of the bunch when he first came on the scene.

David "The Scab" James should never get another game though as he irritates me by coming out with this kind of sh7t constantly-

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...4525399,00.html

Edited by spiderman2

Although still quite young, Joe Hart has potential. Maybe by 2010 he'll be ready?

He don't half make some bad decisions & bad judgements though does Hart..

He'd scare the sh*t out of me if he was our Keeper..

Keeper's generally have sometimes 5 more years at the top than the average outfield Player anyway if they keep themself in good shape so it's interesting to hear what old Taggart said about Foster..

Him being 25 & not in the first Team isn't an issue for me especially as EVS is hanging his Gloves up sooner rather than later..

Foster as the Man Ure Number 1 at 26 isn't a bad thing for him at all, nor England in my opinion.

Edited by MSingh

Almunia or whatever the Arsenal keeper is called is eligible for England but there is something not quite right about that kind of situation, be like we're the Republic of Micks of the 21st Century.

You mean like our cricket & Rugby teams ????

Almunia or whatever the Arsenal keeper is called is eligible for England but there is something not quite right about that kind of situation, be like we're the Republic of Micks of the 21st Century.

Carlo Cudicini has been in the country long enough to be eligible.He would do for me.

Carson should have never played again for England after his previous cock up, and now this hopefully will seal his fate.

And how could you ever trust a keeper that you could nutmeg between his teeth.

:o

I see Kirkland kept another Clean Sheet on Monday night... :D