Doctor With Paranormal Powers.

astor

Last morning we went to a clinic because my girl friend suffering of some abdominal pain. She make only a talk with the doctor , he didn’t make any medical check , all of that takes less than 5 minutes. The doctor told her, that she could have a cancer .

He’s a very clever and a smart doctor ,endowed with divine powers , because he can make diagnosis without any medical check on the patients., but only by talk with them.

He can even say to a 30 years old girl, that she have a cancer.

I will denounce this criminal to the doctor council.

TERRIBLE! Truly shocked. Most Doctors should ALWAYS use the 'C' Word with absolute caution, AFTER a detailed examination. A similar thing happened to me at a well-known hospital in Chiang Mai, because i have a goiter related to my Thyroid problem. The doc said you need testing because could be Cancer. Felt quite sick at how easily it rolled off her tongue. Went back to the other hospital where I prefer how they go about things and was given the appropriate tests. Scare tactics are really bad. This Doctor your gf saw, even if he did truly suspect possibility of Cancer, should have gone about things more carefully.

Maybe some Doctors want to stress the importance of having tests done, so they blurt out the C-word..so you dont put off getting yourself checked out. In some ways I can understand the Doc i went to saying it COULD be Cancer, but if the one your gf went to see said is IS Cancer, without proper testing, is really a terrible thing to do.

Anyway good luck with your gf's health.

Last morning we went to a clinic because my girl friend suffering of some abdominal pain. She make only a talk with the doctor , he didn’t make any medical check , all of that takes less than 5 minutes. The doctor told her, that she could have a cancer .

He’s a very clever and a smart doctor ,endowed with divine powers , because he can make diagnosis without any medical check on the patients., but only by talk with them.

He can even say to a 30 years old girl, that she have a cancer.

I will denounce this criminal to the doctor council.

Had the same with one of the Pattaya hospitals here. Had 2 minute chat with a qualified Doctor and he, immediately and wrongly, diagnosed me with Kidney failure and then tried to give me drugs to help me. 3,000 baht worth of Paracetomal - 12 tablets!!!!

Unfortunately, at the desk where you pay, I accidently told them where they could shove their Gold Plated Paracetomal tablets and their Doctor who thinks he is God and everyone will believe whatever he decides to say.

It does make you wonder where and how they train. Where and how they qualify. Who is ultimately responsible for them. Do they have a General Medical Council here and do they do anything about professional complaints and misconduct, or, is it the normal sweet smile and the hope that you just go away and stop whinging?

Thank for your wishes to my gf

Anyway she’ll make some test as soon . I worked as a doctor in hospital in my home country and then I little quite about that, because I got some experience during my job activity.

But not my gf.. I explained her that is impossible to make diagnosis just watching the patient’s face. However she still understandably worried.

Some people don’t know humanity.

Thank for your wishes to my gf

Anyway she'll make some test as soon . I worked as a doctor in hospital in my home country and then I little quite about that, because I got some experience during my job activity.

But not my gf.. I explained her that is impossible to make diagnosis just watching the patient's face. However she still understandably worried.

Some people don't know humanity.

I read somewhere that once your told you have cancer and then told you have XXX months to live, you usually die on that date.. That is planted in you mind by the Dr..

The Dr needs a cavity search by an horse..

Keep telling your gf, that he was wrong and if that does not work, take her to another dr that tells her he couldnt have been right and she does not have cancer.

Good Luck.

It can really make a person very sick with worry, thats why doctors, even if they do have a concern about the possibility of Cancer, should all be trained to be cautious about suggesting it.

I agree, maybe the professional ethics is just an opinion for some thai doctors.

They only know the ethics of the money.

And I'm aware of what I say.

To be fair I don't think we know enough of exactly what went on here.

The original post first says the doctor said the problem could be cancer then later implies the doctor said it was cancer, which is an entirely different matter.

We don't know exactly what it was the doctor said nor the context, e.g. was it in reply to the patient asking what the possible causes were or even perhaps asking if it could possibly be cancer.

Or perhaps he recommended a test that the patient was hesitant to undergo and, in order to encourage her to do so, explained that the test was needed to rule out the slight possibility of something serious such as cancer....and she then panicked at the word.

I'm not saying that any of the above are what happened -- I wasn't there -- just that it could have been. It would be extremely unusual in any country and even more so in Thailand for a doctor to just suggest this out of the blue. On the other hand, it is in my exerience very, very common for patients to misinterpret and mis-recall things that are said to them or take them completely out of context.

I would need to know the full text of this conversion to form any conclusions.