Stoke City Fc .... The Potters 1863

technocracy

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-1 . . . gave away a cheap goal really. :D

Sorensens positioning seemed a bit suspect for there goal - we really should of been at least 2-0 up come half time.

But it's a point out of a tricky game - we're still 6 points clear of the bottom 3 so it's not all bad.

Credit where credit is due they defended the set pieces after the goal well enough - but really we should of won. :D

Although I have to say they were as bad as Manure for constantly rolling around and barracking the referee. Bassong was lucky to stay on the pitch following his Beattie assault as was Taylor (I think it was) for his knee high challenge on Etherington.

Oh well here's to Blackburn next week . . . now that ain't gonna be a pretty game!! :o

Well it's looking very likely we are here to stay for another season at least! :D

As I said in my last post it was never going be a pretty game but we ground it out and no thanks to at times some very bizarre refereeing! I lost count the number of times Beattie and Fuller were manhandled but never got a freekick!

8 points clear and with the hapless barcodes currently losing we hopefully we be by the end of this game!

All I can say is come on 'Boro .. .. I really hope that Hull go down . . . I know many neutrals probably want them stay up however I absolutely dispise Phil Brown - the guy is a grade A1 arse! It'd be just desserts for them to get relegated after there crowing about europe places early in the season! :D

So my desired 3 down:

Hapless barcodes

Dull

Tesco Carrier bags

:D

ps . . . msingh . . when do I get my 20baht! :o

I predicted 1-0 thats 2 Stoke results I've got right in a row :D

Do you want to know next weeks result in advance ?:D

That will be the kiss of death :o

I could not possibly predict 3 correct results....I certainly can't predict Reading's although it should be easy.

0-1

0-1

0-1

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Up to the top preparing for the Wet Sham boys tonight! :D

I am now complete with full UBC so I can throughly enjoy the game complete with english commentary!

2-0 to the mighty mighty potters and over the line to safety please! :)

Should be a good game . . . hopefully Hull will drop into the bottom 3 to top it all! :D

Up to the top preparing for the Wet Sham boys tonight! :D

I am now complete with full UBC so I can throughly enjoy the game complete with english commentary!

2-0 to the mighty mighty potters and over the line to safety please! :)

Should be a good game . . . hopefully Hull will drop into the bottom 3 to top it all! :D

Certainly won't be a good Game Tech, you're horrible to watch despite all your fight & charachter which i love, & we have our 3rd & 5th choice Strikers playing who are dreadful & only 1 out of 4 of our first choice Midfield so we're not too clever at the moment either.. :D

Having said that i don't think we should lose & 0-0 is highly likely..

If you don't have your eye on the ball & are thinking about the beach, we'll beat you as we are aware we need to get points to get into Europe & won't take our foot of the pedal & need the points, even with the weakened Team..

Edit : I think you're safe anyway, in fact i know you're safe & i'm over the moon that you've stayed up Chaps... :D

Edited by MSingh

Should be a good game . . . hopefully Hull will drop into the bottom 3 to top it all! :)

Hoping for a Stoke defeat this weekend so you still need a point v Hull the following week to be mathematically safe, at which point i'll be Stokes no.1 cheerleader. :D

Should be a good game . . . hopefully Hull will drop into the bottom 3 to top it all! :)

Hoping for a Stoke defeat this weekend so you still need a point v Hull the following week to be mathematically safe, at which point i'll be Stokes no.1 cheerleader. :D

I knew you'd succumb... :D

Anyway, Stokies, we're on Truevisions 99 tonight & i'm not sure what this Channel is, any ideas ??

I ask cos my Channel 99 is my subscribed Disney Channel & no way will it be on that ??

Well bloody <deleted>! :)

Was a good game in the end - how it stay 0-1 I don't know after that second half - I don't think you actually advanced into our half! Mind you the bloody ref didn't help the game constantly making bizarre decisions after his yellow card frenzy in the 1st half. After disallowing our goal in the 1st for a 50/50 challenge with Green he then let one go in the second awarding us the corner! As for your disallowed goal - 2 handballs just ain't snooker! IMO Sorenson should of got that freekick he seemed to be a bit slow in covering his near post - but then again it was a stupid challenge from Abdy Faye in the first place.

Eh well all the rest below who played today lost so it ain't no great shakes we've just got to take our frustrations out on Hull next weekend!

We'll see what comes from the game tomorrow and monday!

Massive R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Chaps, <deleted> unbelievable second half you put in there & i'm not just saying it, that was the most intense pressure i can remember us being under for Years...

Incredible really, the Throws, the Corners, the hastling, fair play to you...

& no one told us about the other Fella who can take Throws too ( was it Sonko ?? ) !!!

I now realise why you bought Etherington too, if you have a Winger who hugs the Touchline, like he does, & with Lawrence on the other side, you're gonna get those <deleted> Throws & if it wasn't for some good fortune for us today, you would have at least scored one !!!

Look forward to next Year in the Prem, you thoroughly deserve it... :)

Well bloody <deleted>! :)

Was a good game in the end - how it stay 0-1 I don't know after that second half - I don't think you actually advanced into our half! Mind you the bloody ref didn't help the game constantly making bizarre decisions after his yellow card frenzy in the 1st half. After disallowing our goal in the 1st for a 50/50 challenge with Green he then let one go in the second awarding us the corner! As for your disallowed goal - 2 handballs just ain't snooker! IMO Sorenson should of got that freekick he seemed to be a bit slow in covering his near post - but then again it was a stupid challenge from Abdy Faye in the first place.

Eh well all the rest below who played today lost so it ain't no great shakes we've just got to take our frustrations out on Hull next weekend!

We'll see what comes from the game tomorrow and monday!

Tech, for your dissallowed Goal, Fullers arm was in the Keepers face & for ours, i've seen Penalty's given for less than the intitial challenge on Tristan...

Can't fault Sorenson for the Goal, it was a <deleted> Peach & sometimes Keepers just have to live with efforts like that in my opinion..

That <deleted> Game aged me, i swear it did & my nails are no more... :D

Singh,the first half you played all the football but could only score from a free kick,but a great one.The second hal;f we were camped out and pushed you back for long periods.Must say though you have payers with real attitude,and a mental toughness we havent seen at the Brit from many teams.

Think we were a bit lucky that you have star players injured but we have a few out too.

Cant realy make my mind up if you deserved the points or a draw was the right result,as i am a little bit biased lol.

anyway good luckj for the rest of the season and i am sure we will stay up now.

Singh,the first half you played all the football but could only score from a free kick,but a great one.The second hal;f we were camped out and pushed you back for long periods.Must say though you have payers with real attitude,and a mental toughness we havent seen at the Brit from many teams.

Think we were a bit lucky that you have star players injured but we have a few out too.

Cant realy make my mind up if you deserved the points or a draw was the right result,as i am a little bit biased lol.

anyway good luckj for the rest of the season and i am sure we will stay up now.

Come on Pat, you know i'm big enough & ugly enough to admit that & i did ^^... :)

If you would hjavbe scored, we couldn't have been dissapointed but of course we'll take the Win, back into 7th too so we'll see how we finish up... :D

Was it my imagination Chaps or was there some Grief first half too up the Away End ???

Just found this on the BBC too..

" West Ham fans were irate and stewards were called upon to prevent keep them apart from home supporters. "

Well the glasses will be tinted one way or another! :)

I forgot mention the trip (and as the replay showed it was a tripped) on Lawrence - who was then booked for supposed simulation!

It was a well taken freekick that I cannot deny but to be honest Soro should be trusting his wall more and be covering his near post more - if someone can get a kick over and in with wall which averages about 6'3 then I'll take my hat off to them. In that case there is nothing Soro could do - but here he should of been further to his near post.

But yep Sonko can sling them as well! :D

Well the glasses will be tinted one way or another! :)

I forgot mention the trip (and as the replay showed it was a tripped) on Lawrence - who was then booked for supposed simulation!

It was a well taken freekick that I cannot deny but to be honest Soro should be trusting his wall more and be covering his near post more - if someone can get a kick over and in with wall which averages about 6'3 then I'll take my hat off to them. In that case there is nothing Soro could do - but here he should of been further to his near post.

Speaking of Sonko, that is THE worst Haircut i have EVER seen... :D

Well the glasses will be tinted one way or another! :D

He plays so lttle for Stoke.....he has to get attention somehow :)

Do the Stoke boys think he will be moving on in the summer?

Yep it is very bad!

I dunno about him moving to be honest after a terrible start to the season he seems to have improved substantially from having some quality training time with TP and his team. I don't think he'll ever be first choice but he's decent back up.

Well the glasses will be tinted one way or another! :D

Probabaly, cos if he uses Vidal Sasoon on it, he only likes to " Wash his Hair , & go ".... :D

Edited by MSingh

Gentleman & Ladies, here is how you take a Free Kick & shut that Crowd up at the Brit, & of course celebrate ... :)

Only Man Ure, Chelsea, Everton & Us have won at your Gaff this Year & that's something to be proud of Chaps so don't let this Result mean a great deal to you... :D

post-55211-1241339670_thumb.jpg

post-55211-1241339690_thumb.jpg

post-55211-1241339714_thumb.jpg

There was something going on in your lot as you could see the police went up the stairs in the stand for something. What exactly was going on I dunno!

Spoke to my Pal who said that it was just Handbags, a few Bottles got thrown inthe othe Away End allgedly & a few people went a bit silly..

He said the OB didn't help at all & made things worse than what they were..

No change there then...

Found this in the NOTW who as per usual ble wit all out of proportion comparing it to the 70's so i could only assume the Reporter who wrote that wasn't around in the 70's.. :)

post-55211-1241343449_thumb.jpg

Edited by MSingh

I just saw on one of our Websites that apparently a Steward got stabbed yesterday by one of ours & they shut the Harvester afterwards because of it, OB wouldn't allow it to be opened & then it was confirmed by a Stoke Official back at the Station after that..

Bad <deleted> Darts of true..:thumbsdown:

Your fault by the looks of it, it's always your fault & there's always trouble at your place.... :):D

FA look into crowd unrest

The Football Association are to investigate crowd trouble involving West Ham and Stoke fans at the Britannia Stadium on Saturday.

Police officers had to intervene to prevent clashes between rival sets of supporters and there were some scuffles inside the stadium.

There were also incidents outside the ground after the match.

An FA spokesman said: ``We will investigate the incidents.''

It is not the first time this season that there has been crowd trouble at Stoke - in March.

A steward was hospitalised after violence before the Middlesbrough match.

Your fault by the looks of it, it's always your fault & there's always trouble at your place.... :D:D

Now I've heard that before!!! :)

However this time I after seeing pictures and the fact that the police only intervened on your lots side of the segregation I think we can be quite sure nothing no action will be taken against us! :D

Your fault by the looks of it, it's always your fault & there's always trouble at your place.... :D:D

Now I've heard that before!!! :)

However this time I after seeing pictures and the fact that the police only intervened on your lots side of the segregation I think we can be quite sure nothing no action will be taken against us! :D

No, was only pulling your Chain anyway..

A bit Muggy in my Book, we saw the Millwally's do the same thing at Hull earlier in the Season & i always say if they really want to get to the opposing Fans, some overweight 2 bob Steward wouldn't stop some people..

I personally would have blew your Mob kisses which i'm sure would wind up the other lots a whole lot more than pretending to be tough behind Stewards & OB.... :D

Still we've come a long way if " that " is what Crowd trouble is only these days i suppose..

It was a nothing the whole thing by the sounds of it & the Stabbing frumour appears to be unfounded so hoipefully the FA will see that & no action taken for neither Club..

Edited by MSingh

I have never come onto the Stoke thread to say how much i admire your teams play and the gentlemanly yet verocious behaviour of your fans.this season...... Anyway good luck for the weekend i will be sat in a bar in Rayong Saturday cheering on your team hoping you get those 3 points to secure another year in the top flight.

Are your important players fit and healthy for this one.

I have never come onto the Stoke thread to say how much i admire your teams play and the gentlemanly yet verocious behaviour of your fans.this season...... Anyway good luck for the weekend i will be sat in a bar in Rayong Saturday cheering on your team hoping you get those 3 points to secure another year in the top flight.

Are your important players fit and healthy for this one.

We still have a couple of long term injuries and maybe Beattie wont be fit,he was terrible last sat,carrying an injury.A draw will do us and i can see a boring game with a 0-0 written all over it.