Stoke City Fc .... The Potters 1863

technocracy

One rule for one and one for another! Ronaldo and Rooney but did far worse offences that either Delap or Etherington and didn't even get a yellow!

As a neutral, I would agree that Matty was unlucky to be sent off. I hate the way players get carded for minor shows of temper.. I thought Delap well and truely deserved his card and it was SWP that was unlucky to get suspended in that case.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One rule for one and one for another! Ronaldo and Rooney but did far worse offences that either Delap or Etherington and didn't even get a yellow!

As a neutral, I would agree that Matty was unlucky to be sent off. I hate the way players get carded for minor shows of temper.. I thought Delap well and truely deserved his card and it was SWP that was unlucky to get suspended in that case.

The thing with the whole Delap situation is SWP made a dangerous challenge on Etherington prior to the Delap challenge and kick of the ball against him - this challenge went completely unpunished - the referee should of blown up at that point and reprimanded SWP there and then. The fact is the Ref lost control of the situation and with a rush of blood Delap did his act of stupidity. Then add to the fact that Gerrard did basically the same thing the next day and stayed on the pitch just rubs more salt in the wound.

Also I don't know if anyone else saw the deliberate elbow in Fullers back around the 15 minute mark (can't remember who by) in the same game as he was making strides towards the Penalty . . . referee wave play on! :o

Normally l stick to the West ham thread and don't post comments about other teams but l can't believe what people are writing about Stoke here, l think your team have played so well this season especially against the bigger teams, and if you had a bit more luck you would be higher up the league.

Even the games you lost this season that l have watched, the team battled really hard and fought for each other, something you don't always see at big clubs with 11 over- paid pre-madonnas.

l love to listen to Tony Pulis after the games because he is the most honest manager in the premiership, he tells it exactly how it is and is always respectful to other teams and players, for me these are good foundations to take your club forward. Good Luck.

Thanks for the honest threads lads,nice to here real supporters thoughts rather than the idiots that bbc employ.

as tech said,i believe too,that aresole wenger started this with his terrible words about Stoke when we beat them with a good solid performance.He didnt get fined by the fa for that,but if Pullis had said that he would have had a fine and touch line ban.

Welcome to the Brit

this is gonna hurt

I concur mark100. If Stoke could do half as well on the road as they do at home, they'd be in no trouble at all.

But the can't & will be relegated, unfortunately..

Sorry Chaps i've been saying it all Season & you do ask for honesty.. :o

I'd really love to be wrong though, honestly would..

no probs khun singh,

hope you are wrong though.Stupid sending offs are not helping but if you look at our run in,we have,on paper the easiest,and if we cant win some of those games we deserve relegation.

Yes Mate you're right, i'm still adament that from now on in, you'll need to match the number of points Away from Home as you do at Home cos you just simply can't rely 100% on your Home Form cos it puts you under SO MUCH pressure every Home Game..

• 2 weeks later...

Well would you believe another ref who seems to think that he cannot book or send off a player on the side opposing Stoke!

Lets just get the 2 other things out the way:

The penalty - was - mainly because of his own fault of shaping to play the with his arm and making intent to do it. It's about the only thing the referee got right! You cannot look like you are attempting to play the ball with your arm in your penalty area - Johnsons own stupidity - if he'd of read the flight of ball correctly in the first place he wouldn't of had to attempt reach for the ball with his arm. In realtime it was absolutely nailed on - with 3 different angled slow motion replay it probably wouldn't of been given but like I said his own stupidity in how he reached for it cause it.

2nd goal - Beattie played on side by there LB - as much as the commentators begrudged Stoke for taking the lead he was on-side.

God I would just love one game where the referee isn't the centre of the attention! Some of the challenges he let Portsmouth players get away with were unbelieveable! He 'talked' to them 3 or 4 times but didn't bloody book one of them absolutely unreal! Then Herman whatever his name grabs Lawrence by the back of the neck and giving him a good squeeze right in front of the wanke_r - so what does he do - books Lawrence for removing his grip on his neck! Presumably just booked Herman because he'd forgot his red card?

Then we have the Manure Greasy Diving C**t kicking out was it 3 times in a game? Not a card however ironically booked for diving! Last game Matty Etherington takes a minor swing at a player - straight red.

Unfortunately I seriously believe we are too honest for our own good - Lawrence had he been any foreign player would of gone down holding his neck opposed to fighting off his grip and squaring up to him. Sad to say he should of gone down purposely to get the fuc_ker sent off.

Sorry to say it but we ain't going get nothing other than raped a new arsehol_e by the corrupt and blatant cheating officials that inhabit the Premier League.

Seriously I just want ONE game - ONE game where the referee isn't the main talking point after the game! Starting to seriously piss me off now! :o:D :D :D

Edited by technocracy

• 2 weeks later...

YES! It finally happened! We got a referee who wasn't just wanting be the centre of attention! :o

Oh and we got a stonkingly good 2-2 draw at Villa! :D

Crap 1st half but the 2nd was excellent - their 2nd goal was a bit of fluke/wonderstrike and could of totally put us on our <deleted> but thankfully we've got super sub Ricardo Fuller who completely turned the game! :D

Then for Whelan to actually do the first thing of note in a Stoke shirt puts the cherry on the remarkable come back!

the win is all important,but i will have a frigging heart attack watching Stoke.We score then sit back,but it all came good in the end.Hope we stay up and sign Kevin Davies,he would be immense in a STOKE shirt.

Beattie has been a great signing,and Fuller got them on the back foot,pitty about Kitson,was he even on the bench last nite

Overall a good win against Bolton and the first time this season in the Premiership we have won by a 2 goal lead.

Goarrrrrrrrrrrrrn Stoke

This Is gonna Hurt

Any chance of getting T.P. to wear his hat on sideways and performing a rap at half time?

He,s certainly got the clothes and moves for it.

For your info ....Sheff Utd have cloned Beattie and will be knocking more of him out for your service.

Albeit with a different first name.

Cheers

Fan-bloody-tastic! :D

That's about the only summary I can give of the Notlob game - went at them from the off and got just rewards (Whelan assisting AGAIN!!) then in the 2nd TP called the subs perfectly and went for the kill! Excellent stuff!

Also step forward Mr Mike Dean for having a very near faultess game - he did start to loose it a bit later in the second half - the yellow card for Lawrence was rather strange since he did get tripped, then the Notlob freekick where he pulled back play from the edge of the area bizarre because personally I don't think the first challenge was a foul but the 2nd was! Otherwise a decent ref performance - two in a row - is 3 too much to ask for?!?!?

If we go about things in a similar manner at Everton I really think we can get a result there, Arteta is out for the game apparently and they are seriously lacking any fire power up front. Also you can bet your bottom dollar a certain Mr J.Beattie will a man on a mission to stick a middle finger up to Moyes!

My 20baht looks to be getting safer and safer (especially looking at our remaining fixtures!) :o

ps. . . don't dis the TP Baseball cap & tracksuit! :D He's kept his word with that when interviewed at the end of last season by the local radio they ask if he'd be suited & booted for the Prem and his response was . . . 'do me a favour - never' . . . I am so glad he is keeping it real and not looking a <deleted> like Brown with his Britney mic! :D

Edited by technocracy

Fan-bloody-tastic! :D

That's about the only summary I can give of the Notlob game - went at them from the off and got just rewards (Whelan assisting AGAIN!!) then in the 2nd TP called the subs perfectly and went for the kill! Excellent stuff!

Also step forward Mr Mike Dean for having a very near faultess game - he did start to loose it a bit later in the second half - the yellow card for Lawrence was rather strange since he did get tripped, then the Notlob freekick where he pulled back play from the edge of the area bizarre because personally I don't think the first challenge was a foul but the 2nd was! Otherwise a decent ref performance - two in a row - is 3 too much to ask for?!?!?

If we go about things in a similar manner at Everton I really think we can get a result there, Arteta is out for the game apparently and they are seriously lacking any fire power up front. Also you can bet your bottom dollar a certain Mr J.Beattie will a man on a mission to stick a middle finger up to Moyes!

My 20baht looks to be getting safer and safer (especially looking at our remaining fixtures!) :o

ps. . . don't dis the TP Baseball cap & tracksuit! :D He's kept his word with that when interviewed at the end of last season by the local radio they ask if he'd be suited & booted for the Prem and his response was . . . 'do me a favour - never' . . . I am so glad he is keeping it real and not looking a <deleted> like Brown with his Britney mic! :D

Is it the 20 Baht with me Tech ?? If so i'd love to be able to give it to you as i certainly want you to stay up, without a doubt..

& it's Noblot too Tech, it's much more appropriate.. :D

There is hope fellas,we just need to be mentaly tough else heart attacks.

There does seem to be some good knowledged supporters on this site and a big Thank you for everyone who wants Stoke to stay up.Would love a big party in Pattaya if we stay up.what a night that would be.I remember last match of the season,we had about 8 stokies at my hose and a west ham lad too.We went menatl after the draw with Leicester and left the women at my house and arrived at the first bar and spent about 6,000 baht in 15 mins with b52,after drinking all day too.

Nice to have another,any thoughts????

Looks like Kitson is on his way back to Reading on loan for the rest of the season according to todays "Sun"

Don't think you will be to concerned about losing his goalscoring abilities that have kept the Potters in with a shout of staying up???

Hope he will do better back in the hoops, he had a fantastic goalscoring record for Reading over the five years , but with Glen Little back on the wing (another player whose move to the Prem never worked out) supplying quality balls into the box, the Kitsi-Doyle partnersgip should see us promoted.

Hope Reading get promoted and Kitson does well for you if he is loaned out.Always liked the way Reading played and admire your manager too.I rate Glen Little too so maybe a couple of quality players helping you to achieve premiership status.

Looks like Kitson is on his way back to Reading on loan for the rest of the season according to todays "Sun"

Don't think you will be to concerned about losing his goalscoring abilities that have kept the Potters in with a shout of staying up???

Hope he will do better back in the hoops, he had a fantastic goalscoring record for Reading over the five years , but with Glen Little back on the wing (another player whose move to the Prem never worked out) supplying quality balls into the box, the Kitsi-Doyle partnersgip should see us promoted.

14 Appearances - 0 Goals - 5.5m GBP... :o

Well he's gone! :o

Kitson will back at his own favourite club - hopefully it will be permanent as I don't want him back! Done sod all, put sod all effort in and worst of all scored bugger all goals!

When player moves to a new club he is supposed to put his heart into playing for his new employer not constantly harp on about his old club! He needs to take a leaf out of James Beatties approach to the game who has shown the kind of attitude and application which Kitson could only dream of!

Beattie - 3.5m GBP - 7 appearances - 5 goals - 2 assists!

Just as a note though - the 5.5m wasn't the initial amount this was between 2m & 4m depending who you ask the 5.5m was the max which would of been performance related (well at least TP got that right!).

Well he's gone! :o

Kitson will back at his own favourite club - hopefully it will be permanent as I don't want him back! Done sod all, put sod all effort in and worst of all scored bugger all goals!

Just as a note though - the 5.5m wasn't the initial amount this was between 2m & 4m depending who you ask the 5.5m was the max which would of been performance related (well at least TP got that right!).

Well if iut was performance related, you should have only paid about 100k... :D

I know Kitson did bugger all for you guys, and I know what a difference Beattie who has consistantly performed at Premiership levels before ...never understood why he stepped down a divison when he did not have to really.

I hope we have not signed a Dud on loan now,,,there are only 10 games left , and he has to start performing and quickly or he will be a Stoke player again come May.......then he will be sold off as (s)crap

Just PLEASE don't send Sonko back !!!!!

I know Kitson did bugger all for you guys, and I know what a difference Beattie who has consistantly performed at Premiership levels before ...never understood why he stepped down a divison when he did not have to really.

I hope we have not signed a Dud on loan now,,,there are only 10 games left , and he has to start performing and quickly or he will be a Stoke player again come May.......then he will be sold off as (s)crap

Just PLEASE don't send Sonko back !!!!!

Sure we can't twist your arm on the Sonko thing . .. :o

I seriously think Kitson will knock them in back at Reading - he just hasn't settled in at Stoke - more to do with moving north than anything else. He'll be happy be back home and I am pretty certain he'll score for fun.

Actually Sonko in the past few games has made some sub appearances and put in a couple of decent performances, I think he's been given a real bit of intense training since his horror performances against Newcastle & Blackburn (that penalty challenge was one of the worst I've ever seen!). 3 games ago I'd of offered to fly over to Stoke, hire a car and drive him back - however now I think given a bit more of the TP defensive training he could turn out as a reliable enough backup to Shawcross and Abdy Faye.

On the note of Abdy Faye and transfers - I reckon we've made 3 of the best signings of the Premiership season in Abdy Faye just a mere snip from Newcastle for 2.5m, then Beattie for a mere 3.5m and Sorensen for FREE! :D

Come 'ead troops, chins up, you gave Everton a bit of a fright on Saturday.

One of these away days we'll play the full 90 minutes not give whoever a 2 goal headstart then pull them apart in the 2nd half! :D

Hopefully we'll do the 90 minutes v WBA and give them a thrashing! :D

First up -M'boro at home . . now here we can expect nothing less than a victory and once by a few goals to boot!

The next 4 games are I really think are make or break and on paper they are 4 which we should win - M'Boro (H), WBA (A), N'Castle (H) and Blackburn (H).

If we do win them I think we will be pretty much safe and condemn 3 of that 4 to relegation!

Crosses fingers and hopes . . :D:o

Edited by technocracy

Good luck......definatley points to be had there..I hope you get at least 9

BTW Kitson scored a peach last night to give us a 1-0 win cheers

Did he really ??

Incredible, maybe it's about his level though at this stage of his career, as this Season in the Prem with Stoke would testify to...

If not that, then there was a problem with him & he didn't want to play to the best of his abilities at Stoke which is not a good thing..