Bkk To Los Angeles

McGinty

I usually fly there on Singapore Airlines. If you are flying out of BKK, you go to Singapore, then usually to somewhere like HK (very brief layover) and then on to LA.

I like Changi Airport, so I try to leave early enough from BKK to spend a couple of hours looking around and shopping--but there are numerous flights, so you can arrive in Singapore and leave almost right away if you want.

The stopover in HK is a bit of a drag, but it is nice to deboard and walk around a little before that last very long haul to LA. Please be aware that you have to go through security check a 2nd time in Hong Kong. That's actually the only part I don't like.

Don't know what you like, but the individual screen tv's, and movies and television shows on demand are really quite nice. Food is good as well (for an airline).

Have a Merry Christmas, whatever you decide to take.

(Oh, last time I went, I think I paid 2,000 baht more for Singapore Airlines than the cheapest possible flight--which I wouldn't have been able to take because of some complicated scheduling problems. I would pay a little more for Singapore Air anyway, on such a long flight, the little luxuries start adding up!)

I have recently been using United between LAX and BKK. I was usually flying them via SFO and ORD prior to that. It seems to be a crapshoot whether I get a 747-400 or a 777 aircraft. They go via Tokyo Narita and have a decent lounge there if you have sufficient Star Alliance status. One nice bit is that you can make a multi-day layover in US cities and they treat it as a single international round-trip. I've done this for BKK-SFO-ORD-BKK, BKK-SFO-LAX-BKK etc. and it should work for east-coast cities too.

I am a frequent flier with them, usually on someone else's dime, so I don't really price shop that much except to use a local agent in Bangkok who regularly beats the online prices. Still, it is lately costing me roughly 74k THB for an upgradeable economy seat (round-trip). The lowest (non-upgradeable) fare is lower than that.

Japan Airlines is good too.

Cabin crew that are polite, friendly and accomadating, and don't scowl at you when you press the service button looking for a drink in the middle of the night.

Quality of the passengers is generally very good too. No coughing spitting picking noses for 12 hours in the seat next to you. :o

I use Catha Pacific from San Francisco but guess they do La also. Recently they upgraded there tourist class seating, not much more room but more comfortable seats. You fly through HK which isn't too bad. I book through an agent here in Sacramento that beats most of the on line fares. Though I'm guessing China Air or Koren Air might have a better price.

Like Dave111223 said, China Airlines based on price. They always fly through Taipei as the only stopover. The last trip the layover was 1 hour (which is really cutting it) going back to LA.

www.china-airlines.com

I have used them for all my four trips over the last year and a half and they always come up the cheapest. Booking directly on their website will save you a few more dollars than over the best price you can find anywhere else.

Don't know anything at all about saving through an agent as I never use them anymore.

Like Dave111223 said, China Airlines based on price. They always fly through Taipei as the only stopover. The last trip the layover was 1 hour (which is really cutting it) going back to LA.

www.china-airlines.com

I have used them for all my four trips over the last year and a half and they always come up the cheapest. Booking directly on their website will save you a few more dollars than over the best price you can find anywhere else.

Don't know anything at all about saving through an agent as I never use them anymore.

If you go to www.airsafe.com you will see why you should avoid China Air along with Peoples Republic of China Airlines and Indian Air.

Eva Air has had no fatel accidents since it sterted flying in 1991

Thai Airways. BKK-LAX non-stop!

And they still have some availability for your dates for around 40k baht but better book fast!

Hmm, where would this fare be?  I just looked at the thai air website and I see some 39,700 fares plus all the taxes, but I don't see any prices of 40K all in.