Australia V Bahrain - World Cup Qualifier

JumboTrudgeon

Australia play Bahrain in Bahrain on Wednesday in a World Cup qualifier. According to Australian TV guides, the match will commence at 2.00 am Thursday morning Sydney time. This equates to 10.00 pm Wednesday night Bangkok time.

The ESPN Asia website and programme guide says that they will be screening the match live in Thailand, kicking-off at 11.00 pm Bangkok time.

Why this hours discrepancy?

Does anyone know if ESPN purport to show games live, when in fact they show a delayed telecast?

I want to see the game live. Another option I have is to go to The Office pub off Sukhumvit, because they have access to Australian telly channels. However, I would rather watch the match live on ESPN closer to home, if in fact ESPN are showing it live!

Just looked on the BBC website, and they say the game is OFF - don't know why.

Normally if it is not live they will tell you it's delayed, don't know about this one, maybe a mistake in their schedules, but it doesn't really matter if the games off

QED

Nothing on the Football Federation Australia website, or other Australian sites.

Why would the match be 'off'?

I can't find anything on the BBC site.

Maybe ESPN have made a boo-boo on their schedules.

I suppose I should just turn up at the pub for a 10.00 pm kick-off.

I am still suspicious that perhaps ESPN advertise matches as being shown 'live' when in fact they are not!

Just looked on the BBC website, and they say the game is OFF - don't know why.

Normally if it is not live they will tell you it's delayed, don't know about this one, maybe a mistake in their schedules, but it doesn't really matter if the games off

well the bbc better tell australia cause of 12 mins ago, the game is on...

http://sportal.com.au/football-news-displa...pulls-out-60667

These qualifiers are usually shown on StarSports, if I'm not mistaken ?? Anyway, I've never heard of an hours delay but, when showing 'live' prem. games they are usually a little behind when checking the same game on Thai TV chan 3.

Sorry guys, I just looked at the BBC to see the real KO time, and it says it's off, but I can find no further info.

The times are UK, so it would be 10pm. Unusual for the BBC to get it wrong, but I hope for the OP's sake that they did this time.

I see Peru v Paraguay is off as well.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...res/default.stm

Wednesday, 19 November 2008FIFA World Cup European QualifyingSan Marino v Czech Republic, Gp 3, 19:30International MatchAustria v Turkey, 19:30Azerbaijan v Albania, 16:00 Bahrain OFF Australia, 15:00 Brazil v PortugalColombia v NigeriaCyprus v Belarus, 17:00Denmark v Wales, 19:15Egypt v Benin, 17:00France v Uruguay, 20:00Germany v England, 19:45Greece v Italy, 19:30Holland v Sweden, 19:45Israel v Ivory Coast, 17:00Luxembourg v Belgium, 19:30Malta v Iceland, 13:30Moldova v Lithuania, 16:00Montenegro v FYR Macedonia, 16:30Morocco v Zambia, 19:00Northern Ireland v Hungary, 19:45Peru OFF ParaguayRep of Ireland v Poland, 20:00Romania v Georgia, 18:30Scotland v Argentina, 20:00Serbia v Bulgaria, 16:30Slovakia v Liechtenstein, 16:30Slovenia v Bosnia-Herzegovina, 19:15South Africa v Cameroon, 18:30Spain v Chile, 21:00Switzerland v Finland, 19:30Ukraine v Norway, 18:00

Edited by QED

Sorry guys, I just looked at the BBC to see the real KO time, and it says it's off, but I can find no further info.

The times are UK, so it would be 10pm. Unusual for the BBC to get it wrong, but I hope for the OP's sake that they did this time.

I see Peru v Paraguay is off as well.

Typical of the Brits to try and sabotage anything Australian. Unusual for the BBC to get something wrong you say? Just today they were still calling Stevie Gerrard vice captain of the English team. :o

I don't know whether the match is on or off but all times shown on the ESPN schedule are Hong Kong times irrespective of what country you choose. The match is on the schedule for 11pm Hong Kong Time, which is 10pm Bangkok time. So if it is played it should be live on ESPN.

Edited by delboy

I don't know whether the match is on or off but all times shown on the ESPN schedule are Hong Kong times irrespective of what country you choose. The match is on the schedule for 11pm Hong Kong Time, which is 10pm Bangkok time. So if it is played it should be live on ESPN.

Your quite right Delboy.

It is something i always have to try and remember here in Saudi. We get mainly Showsports and Supersports. One is Dubai based and the other is South African. It's a <deleted> nightmare trying to remember the actual time of a match when you've had a Shandy or two :o

Yes you are right, just checked in the book, which does show Thai times, and the coverage starts at 9.55 pm.

As for the BBC, they have had enough money off me over the years so should be able to get it right :o

Delboy and QED,

Thanks for clearing that up. 10.00 pm it is, which is 2.00 am in Sydney, which is 6.00 pm in Bahrain!

Not sure why the ESPN StarSports website lists programs in HK time, when you have to put in which region you are viewing. Logically, if you select Thailand you would think you would get the start time in Thai time!

Anyway, I will be watching, and hopefully Australia score a bagful! (Although we do have some injury concerns).