How Can My New Lg Front-loader Wash With So Little Water?

nudnik

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I write but not all of you read. It is a Tromm 7.5 kilo LG. The cotton program is over 3 hours. Electricity here costs more than water. You can't add all the programs together, the cotton wash starts at 3:05 and soon becomes 3 and a half hours if you add extras.

Water input is cold - it has its own heating element to 90c. I read the manual. 3 hours seems over the top.

read the FAQ on the website I gave you

You're a very backwards fellow. I am a woman.

Insulting people who are trying to help, no matter how useful or otherwise the advice, is a little unnecessary. Is there not a Mr. Nudnik who could be aiding in your washing machine problems, and taking the heat off of well-intentioned ThaiVisa members?

Did anyone of you ever thought you'd move to Thailand to be discussing washing machines? :D

That as an aside. :D

Anyway, I have a new Electrolux front loading machine and indeed it also uses very little water. I'm happy to read that that's okay. Clothes do come out clean just fine.

And if you read that it that it wasn't, does it make your clothes come out dirtier? :o

Insulting people who are trying to help, no matter how useful or otherwise the advice, is a little unnecessary. Is there not a Mr. Nudnik who could be aiding in your washing machine problems, and taking the heat off of well-intentioned ThaiVisa members?

Mr. Nudnik took 2 bullets and died 3 days later. He died while doing his duty. He was a detective (off duty) who walked into a convenience store robbery and left his gun in the car. He never had a chance.

You'll have to deal with me I'm afraid.

Next time should by an Italian brand like Electrolux and Whirlpool or Siemens.
Electrolux Whilrpool or Siemens? not one of them is an Italian brand

I have a Whirpool I have it connectect to hot water and it finished in 35 minutes I don't know where you come from but not one of those brands are Italian

Mr. Nudnik took 2 bullets and died 3 days later. He died while doing his duty. He was a detective (off duty) who walked into a convenience store robbery and left his gun in the car. He never had a chance.

Has to be one of the most unexpected and unfortunate turns a thread has taken... from washing machines to homicide. Certainly didn't see that coming.

Sorry for your tragic loss Nudnik.

Has to be one of the most unexpected and unfortunate turns a thread has taken... from washing machines to homicide. Certainly didn't see that coming.

Sorry for your tragic loss Nudnik.

How come I am confused now?

I'll bet it is because the OP only has a cold water inlet and the cycle he is using requires hot water. Thus the washing machine has to heat the water each time it takes in water. You can get around this by installing a cheap shower heater to the hot water inlet which provides only the water you need.

You're a very backwards fellow. I am a woman. I can also choose cold for any wash cycle including cotton. It is that I cannot choose hot water for the quickwash.

Please reverse next post and you'll get it right :-)|||

FYI, women have gonads too!

OK so if it is not because the machine is heating up the water then why purchase a machine which cannot do what you want it to do ?

Quick washes are often on low temperatures in European machines, say 30c or 40c but a whole rake of Asian machines use only cold water.

I would have thought that a machine with a separate temperature gauge would allow any programme to be run at any temperature limited only by fail safes such as not allowing wool programmes to be run at high temperatures.

OK so if it is not because the machine is heating up the water then why purchase a machine which cannot do what you want it to do ?

Quick washes are often on low temperatures in European machines, say 30c or 40c but a whole rake of Asian machines use only cold water.

I would have thought that a machine with a separate temperature gauge would allow any programme to be run at any temperature limited only by fail safes such as not allowing wool programmes to be run at high temperatures.

I assume the machine has a heater much like the one in the shower - on demand. The 30 min wash limits me to 40c. If I want hotter, I choose the cotton wash - 90c if I want and then let it run through the wash cycle and then I change it to the 30min wash.

Not exactly what I bargained for but do you think this type of information is readily available from some Thai saleman no matter how affable he is? It's a good machine and like a boyfriend or a dog, I'm learning to live with the eccentricities.

I just purchased a brand new LG front-loader 7.5 kilos at Numchai in Pattaya. Carrefour sells this one for almost 18,000 baht (thieves and robbers) while it is selling at Numchai for 15,000 baht.

I'm baffled by this machine. I can't see water sloshing around in the drum yet it does clean the clothes. How can it do this with so little water? Also, the cotton setting is more than 3 hours in duration and that is without adding extras - hot water - extra rinse. If you add everything it will take almost 3 and a half hours.

Water is cheap, electricity is not.

These machines are obviously programmed this way but what NUDNIK in the government mandated the companies use more electricity and less water?

Am I the only one with a retarded machine? And don't bother telling me it's broken, it is not. I've already questioned Numchai who tell me it is functioning normally.

I have more than 30 years of experience in the business. the new generation of laundry machines uses less water. If your laundry takes 3 hours its possible that you accidental program it on a low energy program who allows you to wash it on a lower temperature using less water. I advise you to really read you operating Manuel. Normally its explained in it very well. if you don't have an manual in your native language or English you can find all the information necessary , and download manuals in the LG website below

http://www.lge.com/products/category/list/...20machine.jhtml

We are men! We don't read manual or ask for direction.

We would rather take additional 3 hours to assemble anything purchased or pretend like we are not "LOST" when traveling.

We are men dam_it. :o

Next time should by an Italian brand like Electrolux and Whirlpool or Siemens.

Bosch or Siemens ( German ) anyhow very good indeed. AEG also.

Bosch=Siemens the same same factory and produced in Thailand, buts its exactly the same quality as European made.

Electrolux, Zanker,Zanussi, AEG, is exactly the same machine also produced in Thailand with exactly the same spareparts and quality.

If you need advise or information just PM me. 35 year experience in the field.

Whirlpool is an Italian made produced in Napels

Siemens, Bosch is an German brand produced in Berlin

Aeg is originally an German brand but took over by Elecrolux and now produced by Zanussi in Italy near Trieste. Before that its was produced in Regensburg near Munich.

Electrolux is Swedish put produced in Italy by Zanussi

Electrolux is the biggest producer inn the world of white goods, holder off some 15 different brands, almost all of them produced in the same factory, most of them in Italy, because Italy is the biggest producers of white goods, and also almost all new inovations in white goods are of Italian origin.

When I got my Whirlpool front loader I was surprised at the long cotton cycle, too. Mine is only about 2.5 hours, though, with extra rinse. I chose mine for the 1200 rpm spin to get the clothes drier. I really like it, and my clothes don't get the wear they get in a top-loader.

I just purchased a brand new LG front-loader 7.5 kilos at Numchai in Pattaya. Carrefour sells this one for almost 18,000 baht (thieves and robbers) while it is selling at Numchai for 15,000 baht.

I'm baffled by this machine. I can't see water sloshing around in the drum yet it does clean the clothes. How can it do this with so little water? Also, the cotton setting is more than 3 hours in duration and that is without adding extras - hot water - extra rinse. If you add everything it will take almost 3 and a half hours.

Water is cheap, electricity is not.

These machines are obviously programmed this way but what NUDNIK in the government mandated the companies use more electricity and less water?

Am I the only one with a retarded machine? And don't bother telling me it's broken, it is not. I've already questioned Numchai who tell me it is functioning normally.

Can you give me model number and is Numchai also in Bangkok? I think the deal is nice and I want one also....

But I stay in BKK.

I have no understanding of washing machines at all, that's the wife's field of expertise :o

usually women have no understanding of it as well, but they can hide that fact.

(similar to the fact that most men have no idea about cars....)

• 3 months later...

Hi,

As people here seem interested in washing machines I wonder if you have ever seen a toploader washing machines in Thailand with the part where you put your clothes moving the same way as frontloader machines do ?

I have read that the way frontloader machines move is the best to wash clothes (because clothes go in and out of the water) but I hate them because i can't have full control (can't open before the machine decides, etc...), so I'm looking for the same machine that I have seen in Europe before, a toploader that moves the right way!

Also, do you know any Thai waching machine that can warm the water, or is it possible to use a bathroom water heater to warm the water that goes in the washing machine to use warm water? (same problem, I know that western machines warm the water but it's difficult to control them as well as Thai machines, and I also know that it is stupid to buy a machine with too much electronics inside, and I don't need a machine to think for me).

Thanks for your help !

There is a westerner who visits his Thai wife/family about 3 times per year in our Moo, he is too young to retire and works back in Europe. Some time ago he informed us that he had a launderette business in Pattaya and he used a special Thai washing powder that can heat the water up.

Every time he now comes into our 'local' and sits down for a beer I cannot keep a straight face.

I got a nice siemens fontloader and it does its job quite wel. My wife is happy with it and so am i. When she is gone for a while i do the laundry so i use it a lot too. Never had any problems with it and its quite fast. (depending on the weight of the laundry and the program).

• 3 months later...
To the uninitiated, "front loading" washing machines seem expensive to buy & expensive to run. In actual fact, the only expensive part is the "buying".

Front loaders are the perfect washing machine. They use minimal energy (if used sensibly) & do not damage the clothes. The "trade off" is time.

Your clothes last forever if washed in a front loader.

Can u explain why front loaders do less damage to clothes in comparison to what?

bina

strange as it may sound, we have 3 washing machines, one is a front loader nevertheless.

all of them take less than 60 min to complete a washing cycle.

the front loader takes only 35 min to wash my clothing. of course there are other

selections which require longer time period but no one in our family is using it.

the 35 min cycle seems adequate for my clothings!

but then my better half insists that my clothings are not really really clean.

they just look clean.... lol

she instructs that the two kids' clothings are to be handwashed, so they

would be really really clean and presentable at schools.... lol