Marrying A Government Employee.

Mosha

A friend of mine wants to marry is g/friend. She is a teacher. Another of the guys who also has a teacher g/friend has told him that if government employees marry a foreigner, they will lose their jobs. Is this correct? Seems a bit odd to me, but there again TIT.

Editted the spelling mistakes due to lack of coffee.

Edited by Mosha

Thanks for that. The guy who told my friend is hard work at the best of times, so maybe it's her way of putting him off.

So when are you getting married Mosha? :D

:o Actually it's a good job I'm not superstitious. We have been married for over 5 years now. We married on friday 13th June.

Thanks for that. The guy who told my friend is hard work at the best of times, so maybe it's her way of putting him off.

So when are you getting married Mosha? :D

:o Actually it's a good job I'm not superstitious. We have been married for over 5 years now. We married on friday 13th June.

Did you marry a Goverment employee? I only ask because you said you were married on a Friday and they don't work on Fridays correct?

Did you choose that date to prove your non-superstitious-ness-ess-ness, or didn't realise it until after all the invitations went out in the mail? :D

No she didn't work for the goverment. Actually what chose the date was, Sopha said "We can marry on the 10th".

I said "No way the 10th is my unlucky day."

"Why is 10 unlucky?"

"That's the anniversary I had with the 1st wife." :o

So I just said we will marry friday, never even thought about the date.

I know some people that is married to gov. people, nothing happend...

It might be a way for her to tell him that she doesn't want to merry him, or a principal that does not like foreigners...

If she told him that she would loose her job I would tell my friend to look closer into the relationship, maybe nothing is wrong, but it sounds strange...

She is only a teacher, nothing big or high up there? sure she has some reputation but I guess that will only benefit from becoming a spouse of a farang...

No she didn't work for the goverment. Actually what chose the date was, Sopha said "We can marry on the 10th".

I said "No way the 10th is my unlucky day."

"Why is 10 unlucky?"

"That's the anniversary I had with the 1st wife." :o

So I just said we will marry friday, never even thought about the date.

All good points. But just keep a look out if she keeps putting the salt shaker next to your elbow or keeps asking for a dark haired cat, for that matter, double check her lottery numbers to make sure they are not 666 and while you are at it, better fix those cracks in the sidewalk outside your house mate.

Failing that, marry a gov employee

A friend of mine wants to marry is g/friend. She is a teacher. Another of the guys who also has a teacher g/friend has told him that if government employees marry a foreigner, they will lose their jobs. Is this correct? Seems a bit odd to me, but there again TIT.

Absolute rubbish - no truth to that at all: my wife is a "government employee" (department of education as well as it happens - she lectures and undertakes research at Uni ), and there is zero truth to that - zero - none at all.

Absolute rubbish - no truth to that at all: my wife is a "government employee" (department of education as well as it happens - she lectures and undertakes research at Uni ), and there is zero truth to that - zero - none at all.

Are you sure, 100%, without a shadow of a doubt, willing to bet the maizefarm on it :o