New Work Permits?

Can anyone confirm the new work permits being issued? A friend went last week and got a 2 year work permit, but his visa is only valid for 1 year, of course. Then today a colleague went to pick up her work permit, armed with the regular fee, and was told she couldn't have her work permit until she came back with 6000 baht.

Are they not handing out 1 year work permits anymore? If the new ones are valid for 2 years, are they still so rigidly tied to one particular job?

Something's just not right about it all.

Can anyone confirm the new work permits being issued? A friend went last week and got a 2 year work permit, but his visa is only valid for 1 year, of course. Then today a colleague went to pick up her work permit, armed with the regular fee, and was told she couldn't have her work permit until she came back with 6000 baht.

Are they not handing out 1 year work permits anymore? If the new ones are valid for 2 years, are they still so rigidly tied to one particular job?

Have a read here.

http://www.thainewsland.com/?l=en&a=326871

Have a read here.

http://www.thainewsland.com/?l=en&a=326871

Thanks for the link LB. I'd heard earlier in the year that wps were going up to 20,000 baht. Hopefully that law never sees the light of day.

Still, though, if twschw got his 1 year permit, why were my colleagues forced to take the 2 year one? Maybe because their contracts are for 2 years? I dunno. Off to talk to HR.

Cheers,

tt

Thanks for the link LB. I'd heard earlier in the year that wps were going up to 20,000 baht. Hopefully that law never sees the light of day.

Still, though, if twschw got his 1 year permit, why were my colleagues forced to take the 2 year one? Maybe because their contracts are for 2 years? I dunno. Off to talk to HR.

Cheers,

tt

It is not said that the new WP will cost 20,000. Under the old rules they already could charge 10,000 baht, but never did.

The new law is already in affect. Only some parts of it are postponed as the new law calles for a comittee to oversee some parts of the law. That committe hasn't been established yet.

:o Have a two year contract also. Who knows how this mysterious process works.
This is an odd-numbered month (11) with an even number of days (30) ending on a Sunday. Therefore, all provinces beginning with S and ending in i must issue work permits in accordance with the third sutra of the fifth gupta.

:D Have a two year contract also. Who knows how this mysterious process works.
This is an odd-numbered month (11) with an even number of days (30) ending on a Sunday. Therefore, all provinces beginning with S and ending in i must issue work permits in accordance with the third sutra of the fifth gupta.

:o:D

Phew! What a relief to have it all explained so clearly :D

PB, you have a way with words :D

Guess I'll just hold my breath and see which sutra and gupta they're using in December...

Phew! What a relief to have it all explained so clearly :D

PB, you have a way with words :D

Guess I'll just hold my breath and see which sutra and gupta they're using in December...

Sorry, but for December, provinces with governors whose names begin with X and end in z issue work permits according to the

18th stupa of the 98th pagonda. Or is that spagoda or sapaghetti?