Ais 1-2-call Validity With Top Up

GreenSnapper

Hi!

My 1-2-call SIM card will expire soon and to prolong its validity, I have to top up some Baht.

Last year, 300B gave me another year validity. I'm not sure how this is now, I read contradicting reports.

So how much shall I top up to get another year (or 6 months minimum)?

I heard DTAC-cards are to be preferred. Which one gives me one year?

Thanks for your help!

Good question.

I have just returned to Thailand, and last put load on my 1-2-call account last February. Balance check tells me that I still have 86 baht left, due to expire on 24th Feb 2009.

That is One Year.

My Girlfriend has just loaded 300 Baht on her 1-2-call account, and that is due to expire in December.

That is one month.

Has something changed??

Edited by davee58

I used to be with AIS 12call, the top up was 10 baht a day to keep it going “a right pain in the ass “ as I rarely use the phone, in the end I had 3000 baht credit , and still had to put 300 baht a month credit on to keep it going,

So I changed to DTAC SIMPLE SIM, it cost 39 baht, when you activate it gives you 90 days, then on your first top “up even 50 baht” it extends you validity to one year

AIS 1500 baht buys 6 months uninterrupted by needing top ups. if you add 300 baht it extends 1 month or a proportional amount of time per baht with other denominations. If you don't let the amount expire it will keep in your acct. indefinitely my last 6 months made it to 10 months with top ups till I forgot to add more baht. 1500 baht is the number you need.

OK, for starters you don't need to load lots of credit onto the SIM cards. Both networks allow you to purchase time for cash / credit. AIS goes out to 2 years and DTAC to 1 year. DTAC is so simple and has a great online facility which even stores your called numbers.

The SIMPLE Sim from DTAC does indeed go out to 1 year but every sim can go out to 1 year just by paying a little cash. SIMPLE sim is not the cheapest either. You can change your plan on DTAC online for about Bt30 or so whenever you want.

Also, if you top up online you get Bt900 for Bt800 cash through your bank. DTAC all the way. International roaming great as well. No issues in Singapore or UK. Being able to top up online and get an accurate balance from the handset leaves AIS trailing IMHO.