Exchange Rate, Not Published Anymore After 2 Pm

I'm a very suspicious man, that's why I wonder that since 2 day's not any bank give new exchange rates after 2 pm. when before they give new rates till sometimes 5pm.

Certainly when I see that on the SET the rates of the financials and banks are going down strongly since 2 days also. Or am I just suffering from paranoia

I'm a very suspicious man, that's why I wonder that since 2 day's not any bank give new exchange rates after 2 pm. when before they give new rates till sometimes 5pm.

Certainly when I see that on the SET the rates of the financials and banks are going down strongly since 2 days also. Or am I just suffering from paranoia

Siam Commercial bank published theirs at 14:38 (2:38 pm) yesterday and 14:13 today (2:13 pm).

http://www.scb.co.th/exchange/bk-pvsexchange.htm

If you have a look at the above mentioned web page, you will certainly notice that there are sometimes even less updates than during the last two days (and it has already happened several times in the past).

Edited by Goyave

Siam Commercial bank published theirs at 14:38 (2:38 pm) yesterday and 14:13 today (2:13 pm).

If you have a look at the above mentioned web page, you will certainly notice that there are sometimes even less updates than during the last two days (and it has already happened several times in the past).

yes I know, I follow the exchange rates of 3 banks, a,d the indices of the SET hour by hour. but also Kasikorn and Bangkok bank did it already 2 days, I just wonder why they do. Because in my home country the rate of Baht is adapted 24 hours a day.

yes I know, I follow the exchange rates of 3 banks, a,d the indices of the SET hour by hour. but also Kasikorn and Bangkok bank did it already 2 days, I just wonder why they do. Because in my home country the rate of Baht is adapted 24 hours a day.

Banks are (were) obliged to set and update exchange rates twice a day and not more. I am not sure if this is still the case. Things might have changed. That is not the interbank rate but the rate for people who are about to change foreign currency in cash or TCs.

Yes, you are suffering from paranoia.

Just use this web site to see the latest rates from 11 different Thai banks/money changers: Bank Exchange Rates.

Here are the rates from around 10 minutes ago (2008-11-20 09:27:32 GMT):

Bank                     Updated by bank                Update no. From	To	Rate    
Super Rich (Ratchadamri) 2008-11-20 08:40 (48 min ago)  15         AUD	THB	22.4    
Siam City Bank           11/20/2008 05:20               2          AUD	THB	21.81   
UOB                      11/19/2008 17:00               2          AUD	THB	21.79   
TMB                      2008-11-20 09:00 (28 min ago)             AUD	THB	21.78   
Bank Thai                11/20/2008 04:25               2          AUD	THB	21.78   
Bank of Ayudhya          2008-11-20 06:55 (153 min ago) 3          AUD	THB	21.7    
Bangkok Bank             2008-11-20 08:05 (83 min ago)  3          AUD	THB	21.59   
Thanachart Bank          2008-11-20 09:18 (10 min ago)  8          AUD	THB	21.53   
Siam Commercial Bank     2008-11-20 09:00 (28 min ago)             AUD	THB	21.49875
Kasikorn Bank            2008-11-20 08:20 (68 min ago)  4          AUD	THB	21.46875
Krung Thai Bank          2008-11-20 08:08 (80 min ago)             AUD	THB	21.44