Whats Happening Over Xmas

benjamat

Most people that are not Christians do not do anything for Christmas, but Thais typically do up New Years with a bang! Most nice places will have some NYE party and you can do it from 'on the cheap' to hedonistically expensive.

I don't do either holiday but most of my Thai friends go to big parties on NYE.

The hotels will have special dinners and parties for Christmas (at many places) Watch the adverts in the Nation or the Post to see what is scheduled for when :o

New years party......

I have to fly out on the 1st of January.

I guess with a big headache.

Anyway in the 5 years in Asia I have never ever done or seen anything special organised other than shopping and people indulging in Christmess dinners.

I think last year in SG they did some kind of snow falling thing in a mall.

I think Thailand needs that, frezzing temps and lot's of snow on the streets.

:o

One of my friends deliberately goes on holiday to countries which don't celebrate Christmas just to get away from it all.

He/she isn't the only one. I detest Christmas and always thought Scrooge was misunderstood. The only time of the year I come close to punching the tailor touts is when they lunge at me with a Merry Christmas, you want fine suit?

My survival rule: Stay in Thailand at Christmas and flee at Songkran.

Never really bothered about the old Xmas /Crimble thingy but this year might get more involved.

50 years ago I was an altar boy....(right little holy sod) which prob put me off xmas afterwards but recently following my experience and spending time as a Buddist Monk in our local Wat in Mae-On I have seen the light and will probably ....Party Party Party........

might even buy some cheapo lights...blue LEDs from Woolworths (before it gos bankrupt) for the hoose ...

Got trips booked over the next few weeks to Amsterdam,Edinburgh,Calais /St Omer (booze cruse) and oop tae Yorkshire...plus the usual company "dos"...xmas lunches,dinners,parties ,pub nights /crawls...just goes on and on but as said maybe this year I will goooooo for it........

god rest ye merry gentlemen...and all that..... :o:D ....Forcast is for Snow tonight.... :D

I actually work in New Zealand where I assume that Xmas will be celebrated at the beach.

On the other hand I will be coming home to Thailand to be with my wife, our son and her Dad, Mum, brothers, nephews and nieces and friends up country having a great time for 3 weeks before I come back here for another 6 months.

We don't celebrate Xmas either but we do have one hel_l of a good New Years party.

:D:o:D

post-13-1227472893_thumb.jpg

Never really bothered about the old Xmas /Crimble thingy but this year might get more involved.

50 years ago I was an altar boy....(right little holy sod) which prob put me off xmas afterwards but recently following my experience and spending time as a Buddist Monk in our local Wat in Mae-On I have seen the light and will probably ....Party Party Party........

might even buy some cheapo lights...blue LEDs from Woolworths (before it gos bankrupt) for the hoose ...

Got trips booked over the next few weeks to Amsterdam,Edinburgh,Calais /St Omer (booze cruse) and oop tae Yorkshire...plus the usual company "dos"...xmas lunches,dinners,parties ,pub nights /crawls...just goes on and on but as said maybe this year I will goooooo for it........

god rest ye merry gentlemen...and all that..... :D:D ....Forcast is for Snow tonight.... :D

....Forcast is for Snow tonight.... :D

Not Yet ....but on its way...wheres me hat and gloves...dont wear them in LOS much....

post-13-1227472893_thumb.jpgpost-13-1227472903_thumb.jpg

post-13-1227472916_thumb.jpg

hope it the right kind of white stuff or :o British Rail will be at it again.........brrrrr

The Mrs and I are back in bkk for xmas and was wondering if any special events over the hols.

I know thais dont do much but expats must be up to something.

Many Thanks.

You might want to look at this site, look at events in December for a traditional Christmas in BKK......www.britishclubbangkok.org