Hotel In Pattaya

RusT

Have been looking through the pinned hotel post but have no idea where to start. Being unfamiliar with Pattaya I was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent hotel in the above price range. We are looking for somewhere central that is walking distance to shopping, nightlife and hopefully the beach too.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Try Pattaya Bay Resort. Behind Avenue Mall and easy walking distance to nightlife, shopping etc. Swimming Pool on the roof, good food and good security.

Thanks for that aussiechick. Unfortunately I can't seem to find it on the site I use for hotel bookings (asiarooms.com) though. Do you have an alternative hotel suggestion??

I'd stick with some of the better ones on or just off 2nd Road in central or north Pattaya. You'll not get anything like the Hard Rock for that price. Pattaya Bay Resort is quite a way out.

One I cam across recently was the Baboona in North Pattaya. New and good rooms apparently.

For pools you'll need one of the agents like sawasee.com and similar to get a feel for places. Perhaps the Areca Lodge would suit or one of the LK group hotels. All googleable.

Rust,

There is a brand new hotel on the beach road (soi 1) called Summer Spring Hotel (www.summerspringhotel.com). I have looked at the standard rooms only and they are very good for the price.

Standard 1200 or 1290.

delux 1390 or 1590 (beach view)

Delux penthouse 1690

Seaview suite 2990

Have a look at their web site and see for yourself and i would find it hard to get anything better for the price with the main bonus of everything being new.

Have a look

Aussiechick is right, this place is only a stone's throw from the back of "the avenue complex".

Guess you could do your booking directly if it interests you. I have seen that summerspring

place also and it is brand-new and looks nice but unfortunately the beach area is not what

it used to be. There seems to be an ever-increasing bad element loitering down there at night.

http://pattayabayresort.com/default.aspx

Check out any of the hotels over on Soi 4 between beach road and second road. Not too far from the action but a quiet street. Mike's Orchid, there are several on that street. Several have very nice hotel swimming pools.

Pattaya pages dot com web site has hotel review that are pretty reliable in my opinion.

Has Pattaya Bay Resort moved? It behind the Avenue Mall. Next door to the Mercure. Can't get much closer unless you want to be on Second Road!

No hasn't moved but it is a real nice road going up there to Soi Buakhow !

Also, very late check in (15:00), early check out (11:00) and the rates are not brilliant for their unbelievably long high season from 1st November to 14th April. OK for Xmas and New Year rates but OTT for November, Feb and March nevermind April !!!

remember, the OP said they wanted to WALK to nightlife and shopping. Nothing lower than about soi 9 fits this bill. I love the quiet of soi 4 but the only place to walk from there is Big C. This person wants to walk to Mike's, Royal Garden and walking street.

Pattaya Bay would work but they are full all the time now--many people are living there--they even advertise themselves as "luxury serviced apartments" now.

I haven't stayed in the area the OP is looking for--but some people seem to like Sandy Springs and I believe that is on Soi 13 and would be a good location.

True, but it is cheap and easy to hop on a baht bus and get off anywhere he wants along the way. I am liking Soi 4 more and more because it is quiet. Up here off of soi Yume I am not getting any sleep, and it is for all the wrong reasons. Pattaya noise level is getting a bit much. Hard to find a quiet area with a little greenery. Every open lot is getting a hotel or something built on it.

Have been looking through the pinned hotel post but have no idea where to start. Being unfamiliar with Pattaya I was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent hotel in the above price range. We are looking for somewhere central that is walking distance to shopping, nightlife and hopefully the beach too.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I have recently stayed at the all seasons pattaya hotel just off the second road on soi5, good hotel at a good price, am goin bk there in april thats how good my stay was there.