Entry Not Permitted After...... Date

My tourist visa to Australia says that entry in not permitted 3 months after the date of issue, even though the application stated I wanted to travel on a particular date about 4 months after applying.

Is there a limitation on short stay visas meaning that they can only be issued a maximum of 3 months ahead of travel, or would 4 months be ok?

If 4 months before travel is ok do I just take it to the embassy for a new label or amendment to the current one?

The visa will contain validity information

Date visa was granted

The date by which you must enter Australia

The number of times you can travel to Australia within the validity of the visa

Your authorised period of stay in Australia.

If these dates are not right, then I would be heading back to the embassy to get it cleared up.

rickman, what nationality are you?

If you are a citizen of a major developed country, you are eligible for an ETA (electronic travel authority), essentially and electronic, invisible visa which you can apply for online.

The relevant website is: http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/

You can then simply apply shortly before you leave with the knowledge the visa will be valid for your trip to OZ.

You can then simply apply shortly before you leave with the knowledge the visa will be valid for your trip to OZ.

Assuming you don't have the same name and date of birth of someone that Australia has sent packing for overstaying a visa. - Then it might take a few extra days for them to confirm you're not the same person...

He already has the visa, if I read his post correctly.

Today they issued me with a new visa and it expires 6 months from today, so effectively I have been given 6 months and 4 days from date of issue of the orginal visa in which to enter Australia. This now makes my trip possible on the orginal dates.

Thank you Australian Immigration Bangkok.

Happy Camper :o

He already has the visa, if I read his post correctly.

Today they issued me with a new visa and it expires 6 months from today, so effectively I have been given 6 months and 4 days from date of issue of the orginal visa in which to enter Australia. This now makes my trip possible on the orginal dates.

Thank you Australian Immigration Bangkok.

Happy Camper :o

Single entry short stay visa's have a 3 month validity