Uk Phone Adapter

peemoore

A friend brought over an answer machine from the uk. The phone plug on the phone does not fit in a thai telephone socket, I have tried some of the electrical shops in Central but to no avail.

Any sugestions or does anyone wish to purchase an answer machine?

A friend brought over an answer machine from the uk. The phone plug on the phone does not fit in a thai telephone socket, I have tried some of the electrical shops in Central but to no avail.

you must be doing something wrong the telephone wires are the sam,e

Kingwilly.

im sorry but i think your wrong

as far as i remember uk phone plugs ( male ) were a little over an eighth of an inch thick and about half an inch wide !

A thai phone socket ( female ) is about half an inch square and a little bit smaller than a LAN socket

..... completely different

regards .... dave2

Only two wire system in Thailand, you can buy travel conversion adapters basement Big C :o

as far as i remember uk phone plugs ( male ) were a little over an eighth of an inch thick and about half an inch wide !

A thai phone socket ( female ) is about half an inch square and a little bit smaller than a LAN socket

BT.jpg

BT plug

RJ11.jpg

RJ11 (smaller version of the RJ45 used on LAN (Ethernet) cables)

Both types are used on UK equipment the BT connector on the wall end and the RJ11 sometimes used on the eqiupment end. The Thai systen seems to use the RJ11 on both ends.

Does you answering machine have an unpluggable cable or does it just disappear into the case? If the former then just toss the BT-RJ11cable and buy a RJ11-RJ11 (modem) cable form MBK or Pantip etc.

Otherwise you are looking for one of these:

RJ11-BT.jpg

Again, drag the thing around MBK or Pantip, wave the BT conn. under people's noses and say 'adapter' :o

Examine the point where the cable enters the machine as sometimes the RJ11 is there but the release lever is deliberately truncated so it cannot be causally unplugged by users - you can usually manage though with small pointed knife or other tool. Or the RJ11 may be completely inside the case, you could try opening it up and seeing.