Can Anyone See The Thai Tutsis And Thai Hutus?

LaoPo

We Thais are now divided into our own Tutsi and Hutu camps. The animosity appears to have grown too deep and is beyond any rational remedy. We are heading towards a point of no return. Increasingly, the country appears doomed.

The Nation has been promoting this "civil war" angle for a while now. It's a serious situation but it isn't as serious as The Nation would have us believe. It certainly isn't racial conflict. It has aspects of class conflict played out through proxies, but since it's well known that in Thailand "the country makes a government, the city breaks it," it only goes into uncharted territory if PAD and its backers ("the city") don't win.

There are similarities though....

Since some poster(s) bring up the Chinese descent here (like it has been done over and over in the past on Thaivisa): the Hutu were/are considered to be the authentic ethnic majority Rwanda people whilst the Tutsi are in fact from foreign soil and migrated to Rwanda some 5-600 years ago.

It looks a bit like the Thai situation whereby Chinese migrated to Thailand; in fact though a large part of nowadays Thai people have their roots from China as well.

It all depends on the time frame one decides to call one a Tutsi, a Hutu or a Thai and Thai Chinese or Ozzie, Frenchman or a Scot. We shouldn't forget that the highest Family in the country has close blood lines with the Chinese as well.

And, there is nothing wrong with that, the same as Australians have many bloodlines with so many countries and ethnic groups....look at the Canadians, the Americans.....the Europeans are probably more used to mixtures of bloodlines and accept the same more easy, although there still is a lot of racism in Europe as well.

note to mahtin: I beg your pardon ?..trolling ?

Maybe you are willing to be so kind to inform me what you're hinting at ? :o

I didn't write the OP article Mahtin.... :D

LaoPo