What Do I Do About My Visa With Airport Closure?

Hello,

I am scheduled to leave Bangkok on the 28th, and that is also the day my visa expires. I am a Indian passport holder.

Just writing in to check what I should do?

Should I apply for an extension right now just in case the airport is still closed on the 28th? Should I take off to Laos or Cambodia and wait there until the airport is open again? What happens to my Thai airways ticket on the 28th?

Thanks and regards,

Travis

I would think that the Immigration would be sympathetic and please understand you are not the only one in this situation. In such a situation I would sit tight and wait for flights to commence again. If the flights are back by the 28th then you are ok if not then you will have to negotiate with TG for another ticket and date. But again you are not alone

I would think that the Immigration would be sympathetic and please understand you are not the only one in this situation. In such a situation I would sit tight and wait for flights to commence again. If the flights are back by the 28th then you are ok if not then you will have to negotiate with TG for another ticket and date. But again you are not alone

So the visa expiring won't be a problem? I just wait to see what happens, and renegotiate tickets? Are you sure?

Thanks,

Travis

I woundn't panic and go to the border.

I am sure that they will have some kind of provision so that if you go into overstay you will not have to pay.

You will have to check with Thai airways about your flight. It shouldn't cost you anything if you can't fly becaue the airport is closed.