Do You Want Thaksin Back As Prime Minister?

Jingthing

Do you want Thaksin back as Prime Minister?  

244 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

post-60101-1228056612_thumb.jpg

Somchai Homlaor, from the human-rights group Forum-Asia, told the media that most of the dead were killed by the police. In many cases, suspects were summoned to their local police station, then shot to death in broad daylight minutes after being released.

Homlaor also warned that the nation could return to the ways of the military dictatorship that ruled from 1957 to 1973, and employ death squads to eliminate opponents.

Thai media covered notable victims, including a pregnant woman, a 9-year-old boy shot and killed by police who were arresting his parents, a 1-year-old boy killed in a shooting that injured his mother, and the killing of a 75-year-old grandmother suspected of selling methamphetamine.

So, I voted NO.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have no real understanding of the whole Thaksin situation, but probably as much as many others on here. It seems to me that Thailand is corrupt and will be corrupt for some time to come. Those before Thaksin were corrupt and carried out illegal activity's. Those that come after Thaksin will probably do the same. Thaksin was at least making improvements and putting Thailand on the right track. I voted yes.

hear hear

-1st elected PM to finish a 4 year term. (Boy, that says a lot about this place)

-Re-elected, re-elected by the majority. (You don't have to like it.)

-If there were elections tomorrow and he was allowed to run, he'd win again. (You don't have to like it.)

I first came to Thailand (living) -(working) for Cellular 900. I have known him since 1990.

He gets things done.(You don't have to like it). During my time in BKK I got to know the elites. I prefer him anyday.

It's like democracy, it is not perfect, But it's the best option out there.

The majority have spoken in several elections. This is the majoritys country. (or should be / will be)

You don't have to like it.

I vote YES

I believe it was Taksin that started the crackdown on bar trading hours. That if nothing else would explain his unpopularity on TV. As for the corruption etc anyone who has been here a while knows that was SOP for any government and had nothing to do with his ousting.

His drug crackdown is also cited as why he should have gone. Both my ex wife and girlfriend claim that the drug problem was better under control in those days and the streets safer. Personally don't have answers for that.

Right about the bar hours and also he made the first move to tighten up Visa on Arrival and work permits. They needed tightening up and it was a scandal how bars were allowed open round the clock and girls made to man them and pole dance etc. Cleaned that up and it needed it.

Lot of shady falangs hate him for reasons that make him acceptable to most ordinary folk here.

Makes me laugh how so many farangs complain about bars and girls (maybe they're married)

The nightlife is what brings most farangs here and always have done, if you like it or not.

On top of that it brings in loads of money and jobs, if they would make the visa regulations a but easier, even more would come (bring 2000 every month to the station and you get another 30 days stamp instead of paying for visaruns)

Everybody knows where the bars are, if you don't like them, don't go there, but stop complaining about it or ask to clamp down on them. (and no I don't go there everyday, I'm married :o incase some think that's why I write this)

-If there were elections tomorrow and he was allowed to run, he'd win again. (You don't have to like it.)

I wouldn't like it, and that's ok, cause you're statement isn't true! Thaksin's party got 35% of the vote last time, the vast majority of Thai people are anti Thakin, as is shown by the MAJORITY of voters that voted for anti Thaksin parties in the last election. (You don't have to like it, but it's true)

Hence the government scrambling to change the constitution to do away with voter fraud and to stop the courts from dissolving the PPP, as this is their last chance to get back Thaksin's $2 billion that was frozen, and prevent jail sentences.

I don't care who comes back. What I want is a non-military backed election or prop. If the PM is bad, then have an impeachment process. The PAD keeps saying the current PM is a Thaksin puppet. The PAD seems to ignore or not mention the Military coup that overthrew him and tossed out and ignored the constitution. There is no rule of law here.

I wouldn't like it, and that's ok, cause you're statement isn't true! Thaksin's party got 35% of the vote last time, the vast majority of Thai people are anti Thakin, as is shown by the MAJORITY of voters that voted for anti Thaksin parties in the last election. (You don't have to like it, but it's true)

of the vote last time How many times now? :o

Hence the government scrambling to change the constitution to do away with voter fraud and to stop the courts from dissolving the PPP, as this is their last chance to get back Thaksin's $2 billion that was frozen, and prevent jail sentences.

Do away with fraud in Thailand? A lofty ambition. Reality is 2 sides and this won't stop.

Who do you think realistically will win in the long term? The PAD and their puppet masters?

Hello, tap, tap, wake up.

You don't have to like it, but it's true - Your words.