Mukdahan Immigration

thewilster

Just returned to Mahasarakham from my first trip to Mukdahan immigration(bless them).

I thought it would be the same as Nong Kai. You know fill in the form hand it over and 5 minutes your on your way home. No, not now. You need a copy of every used page in your passport. If you teach, a copy of teachers licence, tax payment and social benefit card (which your school should supply).

This is required for your 90 day report not a visa. When I told them it was a 90 day report the lady became rather nasty and told me to listen. Oops ok.

The lady also told me I must report in person, not by mail.

No it should not be.

I just did in Phibun my 90 days report and tood aound 3min,just singned the form(wife filled out)

and about reporting, that is correct, that need to be done in person,as you also need to sign the form and show them your passport where they usuall confirm ones face...

Edited by MarcoH

You can report by post at many offices. Some do not allow it.

I always post to Korat with no problems.

Unfortunately, the Immigration staff along this stretch of the Mekhong have earned a well-deserved reputation for rudeness and gross inefficiency. However, the 90 day check even in the horrorsville of Nakhon Phanom office usually only takes 5 minutes -- anything else takes forever

I used Mukdahan on the recomendation of one of the expats in our area. I was treated like a criminal there and stormed out and drove the extra couple of hundred Kms to Phibun. I found out later that the guy who told me to go there also pays about 2000 baht to the lady in the immigration office for his 90 day reporting. I did hear that they had changed the staff there a couple of years ago but obviously no change to the customer service qualities of the office.

Steer clear of this place.

I used Mukdahan on the recomendation of one of the expats in our area. I was treated like a criminal there and stormed out and drove the extra couple of hundred Kms to Phibun. I found out later that the guy who told me to go there also pays about 2000 baht to the lady in the immigration office for his 90 day reporting. I did hear that they had changed the staff there a couple of years ago but obviously no change to the customer service qualities of the office.

Having used / delt with the Mukdahan Immg. staff for the last 5 years, I can assure you that they have not been changed, nor changed their attitudes... The "Old Lady" who you describe we call "the Grizz" as in Grizly Bear... She is always short, stern and to the point, but at times can be semi-human... Anything in that office seems to take two to four times longer than it should, so just plan accordingly...

Now with the realignment of Immg. Offices we are going to start dealing with the Office in Nakhon Phanom, so we are hoping that it will be an improvement, but we will just have to wait and see...

Pianoman

"If you teach, a copy of teachers licence, tax payment and social benefit card (which your school should supply)."

How many teachers have a teacher's license, I don't think too many if any, I could however give them a copy of my application for a teacher's license. Issangeorge.

Having used / delt with the Mukdahan Immg. staff for the last 5 years, I can assure you that they have not been changed, nor changed their attitudes... The "Old Lady" who you describe we call "the Grizz" as in Grizly Bear... She is always short, stern and to the point, but at times can be semi-human... Anything in that office seems to take two to four times longer than it should, so just plan accordingly...

Now with the realignment of Immg. Offices we are going to start dealing with the Office in Nakhon Phanom, so we are hoping that it will be an improvement, but we will just have to wait and see...

Pianoman

You must be joking. You are welcome to read previous posts about this hel_l-hole. The staff in Mukdahan are sweet compared to the dragon in NKP.

"If you teach, a copy of teachers licence, tax payment and social benefit card (which your school should supply)."

How many teachers have a teacher's license, I don't think too many if any, I could however give them a copy of my application for a teacher's license. Issangeorge.

Sorry for any misunderstanding. When I said Teachers licence. I meant temporary licence from Bk. Every teacher must have this. Without this all people teaching are doing so illegally.

• 3 weeks later...

Pianoman

You must be joking. You are welcome to read previous posts about this hel_l-hole. The staff in Mukdahan are sweet compared to the dragon in NKP.

I just returned from my first trip to the Immg. Office in Nakhon Phanom.... It was for my 5th or 6th Extention on my Retirement Visa, and from the warnings posted I was a little nervous....

I was doing my Extention, 90 Day Report and obtaining a Mulitiple ReEntry Permit... Turned in all the paperwork to the lady behind the glass, explained what I was wanting and she told me to take a seat... About five minutes later she called me up to the window and explained that I did not have extra copies of my passport & Visa required for the ReEntry Permit.. I apologized and asked for the passport back so that I could go make copies, and she just smiled and said "No Problem, we can do for you".....

About 30 minutes later she called me back up to the window, handed me my passport complete with the new Extention Stamp, Mulit. ReEntry Permit, and a form and instruction sheet for mailing my next 90 Day Report... I was very pleased with her / their service and pleasant attitude... I even noticed that they had forms setting out in the waiting area asking for Feedback on your impression of their service... I have never seen anything like that in any other Immg. Office before...

Overall I was very happy with the visit, and even though it is about 1/2 hour longer drive getting there than going to Mukdahan, it is well worth the difference in attitude...

Pianoman