Advise Needed

Hi all.

I work for a company and my salary package is base salary plus a certain percentage of revenue. Now that revenue is increasing and therefor my comission is increasing, my boss had told me that he will now put a ceiling on the comission. Are they allowed to do that as I was offered a certain % and now I will be earning less then what I should be earning under the original terms under which I was hired.

Thank you all for your feedback!

You could also.. Tell them that you would accept a commission cap as long as your base salary was increased to ofset your loss and reflect the increased business. Or tell them that over whatever the cap is you will accept common shares in lue of cash.

Basically they are renegotiating your contract, so Renegotiate... get the new office or paid costs to the yearly conference or better health insurance, a club membership or ???.

A lot depends on how happy you are now. If you really don't want to change jobs then you may have to compromise a bit. The trick is to find out what they want from you and what you can get from them in return.