Thailand's Political Crisis Becomes A Global One

its official, Thailand has gained itself a reputation, and not a positive one.......

Thailand's Political Crisis Becomes a Global One

Even when Thailand re-opens its doors, the world may not be interested in returning too soon.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8...6,00.html?imw=Y

This came at the worst possible time. It will take years for Thailand's tourist trade to recover from this. Who wants the hassle when money is so tight, the few remaining people with money will go some place else.

Interesting the PAD guy speaks of civil war. I've heard this from many quarters recently.

A civil war would have to involve the Thai people. The Thai people are not stupid enough to violently oppose the royalist, elites and military powers behind the PAD.

I hope you're right. Thai's also far too laid back for fighting. It may last a couple of days, but then they'd need a sleep.

hmmm I wouldnt be surprised. Some times I'm astounded by what Thai's will believe.

I think at the end of the day when politics does settle, people will flock back.

Thaiand has not what it had before. People like what it offers.

Great food, women, weather etc. Cheap lifestyle. Thats what people like. Where else can people

find this in a place as westernised as Thailand.

People have short memories, if this is over within 2 months it is forgotten already.

Look what happened after the tsunami, Thailand was down and out and a very dangerous holiday destination.. That too was forgotten within months.

A civil war would have to involve the Thai people. The Thai people are not stupid enough to violently oppose the royalist, elites and military powers behind the PAD.

I hope you're right. Thai's also far too laid back for fighting. It may last a couple of days, but then they'd need a sleep.

Why don't all us Farangs round up and hold hostage the Som Tam makers this way it would all be over in days a s the poor Thais die of hunger in the streets!! :o

Why don't all us Farangs round up and hold hostage the Som Tam makers this way it would all be over in days a s the poor Thais die of hunger in the streets!! :o

What is it with Papaya Salad?

Please someone tell me.

Been married to the ball and chain nearly seven years and it is still the thrice daily (minimum) ritual of Papaya Salad. I remember when we visited England once, was terrified of flying. No, not the actual flying bit, but the absence of Papaya Salad on the menu.

I'm not complaining, it's about 7 Baht a plate where we live and keeps the old cow happy as Larry. Just intrigued this stuff seems to have opiate like addictive qualities.