State Of Emergency Declared

george

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone confirm calls I have had that the Army are mobilising around BKK ?

i live quite near phayathai BTS and earlier there were loads of police and emergency vehicles racing past here, in fact for 2 days now i have heard loads of sirens.

I live right off the phayathai bts station. I can see soldiers on each side of the road. From my house i can see at least 10 on the road. I will go have a look at the station in a bit and see how many are up there. Last night only saw 4 or so soldiers. No weapons, just big walkie talkies.

Thaksin urged his supporters to “protect democracy”: “If you protect Democracy you may be painful for a while, but if you allow dictatorship to take over Thailand you are going to have a nightmare for your whole life.”

interesting thought me thinks

number 1 or number 2????

1)No negotiation: Sondhi declares

Sondhi Limthongkul, No-1 leader of People's Alliance for Democracy, told protesters not to believe that the People's Alliance for Democracy would give in and negotiate with police to move protesters out of the Suvarnabhumi International Airport and Don Mueang Airport .

2)

"The PAD (People's Alliance for Democracy protest movement) agreed to talks on Saturday," said Piya, after officials said earlier that initial overtures had been conducted over the telephone.

Thaksin urged his supporters to “protect democracy”: “If you protect Democracy you may be painful for a while, but if you allow dictatorship to take over Thailand you are going to have a nightmare for your whole life.”

As interesting as him saying thai people must respect the law. Hopefully he takes his own advice and respect's the law, instead of trying to rewrite it when it doesn't go his way. Just sad to see people die on each side just so a select few can line there pockets with more money.

Am still waiting for the mods to come up with an idea how to set up a true-news-only topic.

Just like the yellows... this thread has evolved into a banter thead after nearly 40 pages, yet still the Thai Visa Democracy gang want to hijack it. Very simple. ADD TOPIC. hint: call it NEWS UPDATES ONLY or similar. Seesshh.

Yer, only the unmentionable can solve this, but what happens when clogs are popped.

bored of this revolution now.

On a happier note, saw a neighbour wearing a yellow shirt in my little mooban of mainly reds.. (as is CM generally) nice to see you can still wear lemon yellow clothes and not get twatted. :o (he might of course been simply a bit chilly and needed a jumper) Although if ASTV is to be believed, the red here dont love the unmentionable! (roflmao!)... next they will say farang are spies for the reds!

Edited by SomNamNah

number 1 or number 2????

1)No negotiation: Sondhi declares

Sondhi Limthongkul, No-1 leader of People's Alliance for Democracy, told protesters not to believe that the People's Alliance for Democracy would give in and negotiate with police to move protesters out of the Suvarnabhumi International Airport and Don Mueang Airport .

2)

"The PAD (People's Alliance for Democracy protest movement) agreed to talks on Saturday," said Piya, after officials said earlier that initial overtures had been conducted over the telephone.

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Georgia">BANGKOK – In an NTN exclusive, People’s Alliance for Democracy leader Sondhi Limthongkul outlines his “Final Solution” in the campaign against the government, Thaksin, and the enemies of Thailand.

didn't you read about the courts today? Around the 13-15th the PPP and Chart Thai will be dissolved, because of MASSIVE vote buying. so they are elected but not democratic.

PPP and it's allies was buying the election result but were not democratic elected.

The real winner still was the democratic party with the most real votes. But they didn't had money enough for to "buy" coalition partners and even wasn't "offering" enough benefit to them before the election?!

But let wait and see on the December 2. 2008 w2hile the Leaders of the ruling parties need to be in person at the Court Hearing of the Supremecourt regarding the dissolution case against their parties. That hearing will be public AFAIK.

Cheers.

NTN: I see. And who are these forces of evil?

Sondhi Limthongkul:

...And academics who question our methods

pmsl!!!! scary. puppet govt is one thing see italy... but this guy sounds nuts

Graph-5.jpg

edit.. opps its a spoof. doh. lol :o

Edited by SomNamNah

didn't you read about the courts today? Around the 13-15th the PPP and Chart Thai will be dissolved, because of MASSIVE vote buying. so they are elected but not democratic.

PPP and it's allies was buying the election result but were not democratic elected.

How many votes is it estimated that they paid cash for? Was it every single one.

Were there people who voted for them who didn't get paid?

The real winner still was the democratic party with the most real votes. But they didn't had money enough for to "buy" coalition partners and even wasn't "offering" enough benefit to them before the election?!

But let wait and see on the December 2. 2008 w2hile the Leaders of the ruling parties need to be in person at the Court Hearing of the Supremecourt regarding the dissolution case against their parties. That hearing will be public AFAIK.

Cheers.

The courts don't mean diddly squat as the Junta appointed them. Thats the problem with appointments and waging vendettas. You put the people in these high positions and everybody else knows that they are the puppets of the Junta and the "educated" Bangkok thais :o Sorry, I always find it difficult to use those three words in a sentence without laughing.

It will be a conviction for sure because we all know thats what they were appointed to do. Nothing else just try to keep thaksin out. Then there will be an appeal because there always is and before anything can happen, Thaksin will be back and they will all be un-appointed and another appointed lot will clear him

You pontificate on the state of Thai Politics and Justice System as if it was built on the same reliable foundations as the German one. Its not mate.

"He's coming home he's coming home he's coming, Thaksin's coming home!" Courtesy Badiel and skinner.

He is all over the worlds press and internet today and they are all over him because they know the above is true and the only realistic solution for Thailand at the moment.

He also urges Thais to respect the rule of law. What are your thoughts on that?

Thaksin urged his supporters to "protect democracy": "If you protect Democracy you may be painful for a while, but if you allow dictatorship to take over Thailand you are going to have a nightmare for your whole life."

interesting thought i said that.

he clearly does not think he has broken any

The black underlined text is even more telling. Or is that what you were hinting at?

That Google-ads link is to an article published on 4 December 2006. Nothing to do with the current situation. Not suitable for discussion on this forum.

--

Maestro

http://marketdata.set.or.th/mkt/sectoriali...&country=US

This today, the SET is up already 2 day's in row after months of decline.

Bargain hunting Henry; nothing else. Nothing fundamental.

LaoPo

Thaksin urged his supporters to "protect democracy": "If you protect Democracy you may be painful for a while, but if you allow dictatorship to take over Thailand you are going to have a nightmare for your whole life."

He's outsmarted the elite for starters.

I liked the news items posted on here today. All totally scathing of the failed Coup in progress and the Thai Army and Police.

Not like the old days is it BlancmangeApong when a Coup was... turn off the radio and tv stations... bang bang your dead and we are boss not.... tv back on and smiles all round from an in the dark population.

this is being played out in their living rooms and they now see they have nothing to fear from these bodies as they are being pushed around by old ladies and mothers with babes in arms.

PPP win hands down and somebody should through the towel in for sondhi and the army before they are maimed for life.

Am still waiting for the mods to come up with an idea how to set up a true-news-only topic.

try http://bangkokpundit.blogspot.com or http://2bangkok.com

Thanks for that Freitag. :o

Question: Does anyone have the wording of the oath taken by the army (and/or for that matter the police)?

I'd like to know if these oaths are a ) to the monarch and/or b ) to the people/country and/or c ) to the lawful government of Thailand.

Most, if not all, military and paramilitary organizations take an oath, how seriously it is taken depends on the cultural background. In pre-WWII Germany the oaths were taken VERY seriously. That is why Hitler, immediately upon gaining the presidency and combining it with the chancellorship to become Fuehrer, arranged for the armed forces to re-take their vow of allegiance to HIM PERSONALLY, not to the people or the country but to him - by name. Whatever you think of Hitler he did appreciate that without the backing of the military his government - which had been arrived at by political manoeuvring rather than an outright electoral win - was vulnerable to a coup, just like the one he had tried to instigate ten years earlier. With an army that had sworn to follow him personally he was unassailable, right up to the end.

The current situation in Thailand, and I draw no further parallels with the Nazi era for there are none to be drawn, has arisen because the elected government does not command the loyalty of, it appears, either the armed or civil forces and cannot command them to enforce civil or military order. Neither will any future elected government be able to hold onto power, let alone unite the country, so long as the army and police consider themselves,or those whom they really serve, to be separate from and above the elected government.

(BTW: This weakness exists in the British armed forces oath as well...)

Normal service will now be resumed:

TV051.jpg

Edited by phaethon

He's outsmarted the elite for starters.

I liked the news items posted on here today. All totally scathing of the failed Coup in progress and the Thai Army and Police.

Not like the old days is it BlancmangeApong when a Coup was... turn off the radio and tv stations... bang bang your dead and we are boss not.... tv back on and smiles all round from an in the dark population.

this is being played out in their living rooms and they now see they have nothing to fear from these bodies as they are being pushed around by old ladies and mothers with babes in arms.

PPP win hands down and somebody should through the towel in for sondhi and the army before they are maimed for life.

i'm new here.

grandpops is a parotty poster, right?

Purely loss of income from a contract job.

:o about what I was expecting ... sorry that sucks! But if the PAD can get rid of the vestiges of Thaksin from Thai politics then it is worth it overall!

One of the vestiges of Thaksin is his awakening the poor to the power that they can exert in a democracy. How do you get rid of that? Or do you really think those nice middle class folk camped out at the ariport welcome the prospect of footing the bill for the populist policies which any elected government is now going to have to offer if it hopes to win an election---- OH- I get it- just get rid of elections.

Thaksin is a thief who give cheap loans to poor farmers who are not able to pay them back, so he can buy up their paddy fields, and sell it to the his cronies for an high price

And PAD only think about the rich;

its like choosing between plaque and cholera

Thailand has made the list of the Top 20 Most Dangerous Places as compiled by the Telegraph newspaper of London.

The latest edition of the list puts Thailand as the seventh most-dangerous spot for travellers behind Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya, South Africa, Somalia and Sudan. Thailand is said to be more dangerous than Colombia and Haiti at the moment.

Thailand has made the list of the Top 20 Most Dangerous Places as compiled by the Telegraph newspaper of London.

The latest edition of the list puts Thailand as the seventh most-dangerous spot for travellers behind Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya, South Africa, Somalia and Sudan. Thailand is said to be more dangerous than Colombia and Haiti at the moment.

now that IS Funny! Shows that the Telegraph writers are clueless!

LOL! Telegraph readers - bunch of poofs!

LOL! Telegraph readers - bunch of poofs!

Have some issues sweety to deal with.

its like choosing between plaque and cholera

colgate.jpg

But apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have they ever done for us!

Edited by SomNamNah

Well that is just stupid.

Frankly I'd feel safer even with this weeks events going out in the evening in Bangkok, than I would in Manchester or London.

So where was India, or Pakistan, out of interest?

Edited by scratt