Sorry For Busniess Owners

The Philosopher

My take is that some parts of it are already gone and I'm lucky as heck that I'm near sold out of the market business wise. I cannot see me re-investing anytime soon so it is probably new ventures elsewhere for me and for sure only my family and friends keeping me tied to Thailand at the moment.

It's not just the tourist-linked trade that's being impacted here.

I am in Udon and yesterday I went out to the airport for lunch at one of the restaurants there. One of them already has the shutters up and the other one was lamenting that with no aircraft landing and staff being sent home, the food she had cooked for the usual airport staff lunch crowd and odd transit traveler was going to be binned and she would close until further notice.

Edited by NanLaew

Over 'ere Woolworths ...remember the song ...the wonders of...etc...have gone bust...(also looks like MFI as well)....Ko Jai...nouwt TIT do with LOS ...

but at least another 35,000 punters on the dole who will prob.be defering their annual visit to the land of the PADS......and rather looks like its gonna get.......wot the word...me thinks.... :o ....

As a direct result of this tin pot takeover, I have had two cancellations this week... both got as far as Heathrow... and I have had to lay off the trainee (thai school leaver). Pattaya was already dead by high season standards and this has absolutely killed any footfall whatsoever. I really do feel for a lot of people both Thai and Farang.... everyone will now suffer. :o

is udon that bad you have to go to the airport for lunch? :o

Next to the old domestic terminal there's a couple of Thai restaurants (Thai cuisine, not Thai the airline) that serve up nice local fare. Quite popular with airport staff and the local residents.

Now you know.

i don't understand a word your saying.

the business market isn't bad in Thailand, probably is for the westerners who only sell to westerners, but thai business still has a large audience.

For the moment, but it is not likely to last when tourists and other jobs decrease.

Over 'ere Woolworths ...remember the song ...the wonders of...etc...have gone bust...(also looks like MFI as well)....Ko Jai...nouwt TIT do with LOS ...

but at least another 35,000 punters on the dole who will prob.be defering their annual visit to the land of the PADS......and rather looks like its gonna get.......wot the word...me thinks.... :D ....

Huh?

A Latin sig. underneath an incomprhensible English post! :o:D:D

Hope it wasn't anything important!

the business market isn't bad in Thailand, probably is for the westerners who only sell to westerners, but thai business still has a large audience.

For the moment, but it is not likely to last when tourists and other jobs decrease.

The Thai business market has yet to deal with the global financial crisis, and the drying up of liquidity even inside Thailand. There will be huge layoffs here, ignoring the failed state anarchy in Bangkok and what that will do to the tourism industry

The people who lose their jobs in tourism, the construction industry, retail businesses and elsewhere will no longer be able to spend their salary in the Thai to Thai economy, which in turn leads to more hardship and more layoffs.

So what you think Thais get the money from? They running out of money soon if no westernes rupport this town

but at least another 35,000 punters on the dole who will prob.be defering their annual visit to the land of the PADS......and rather looks like its gonna get.......wot the word...me thinks.... :jerk: ....

Huh?

A Latin sig. underneath an incomprhensible English post! :D:D:D

Hope it wasn't anything important!

Gordon Bennet and Luva duck..... :wai: ...Try some of this with a dry cloth and rub it in slowly...should be ok in a day or so....

post-13-1227908358_thumb.jpg

Je Ne sais pas.... :P:burp::o ...and wear a hat.... :D