Things To Like About Gay Thais

Ijustwannateach

I compare my viewpoint to a living in a straight western world. Thai men behave mysterious of what they like. Is he gay, yes or no? I am used to get a straight answer. I kind a like this type of mystery of thai men. This is not a specially response to Thai gay, but to Thai men in general. The softness of men is the difference between thai and ..... culture (uhm very stereotype). Probably everybody's viewpoint depends on the way of living in each culture.

Generalization == Stereotypical

I told this already by myself at my own comment (between brackets) at my post.

I did not read any special Thai charactirization "To like ..." in this post, except Thai speak Thai.

Keep this topic running! Who knows .... what turns up.

I agree with Dumpster, your lists could apply generically elsewhere.

Eg: Eskimoes

We're looking for something uniquely Thai, something you can't get anywhere else. Hence brainstorm.

Gee, Papa, aren't you worldly! You've had a gay Eskimo man? Wow!!! I'm impressed. Unfortunately, I think you are full of crap.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with Dumpster, your lists could apply generically elsewhere.

Eg: Eskimoes

We're looking for something uniquely Thai, something you can't get anywhere else. Hence brainstorm.

Uniquely Thai ... hmmm ... can we state something uniquely Thai without lumping them together? Nahhh ... I don't think we can.

Well, they seem to be the only group of young men that generate a forum like this dedicated to giving guys like us --- oops lumping again! ---- to post a list to the world stating all the things we love about them! Now that is an acomplishment! And they didn't even try!

To me, my Thai guy is all Thai guys, so forgive me when I generalize ... it is my world and like most of us - my world is "the" world :o

This is a non-negative thread about Thai boys, not a negative thread, not a thread about moneyboys, not a thread for D+D to have a field day.

Please carry on. About 6 posts from today were deleted.

It is great having a thread dedicated to the positive and I am all for pushing "non-positve"out and breaking into a new thread when going off topic .... but

I tried to break out a new topic for people to keep it out of here .... at the same time trying to keep it positive. It appears to launched the delete button.

I am here - clearly my thoughts on young Thai men are positive.

It looks like I stepped on an off limits topic my first day here :o It was an effort to possibly open some minds to exploration on a topic that causes many, including myself, to have very fixed and unbendable thoughts.

A positive thought about Thai men --- that I know ... They always allow me to have my own thoughts without imposing a big "no you are wrong" - maybe they are faking it just to keep me happy, but isn't it wonderful that they would do that to keep someone happy.

I think most Thais (men, women, whomever) have better developed social senses and empathy than most English speakers do. I always assume when I'm with a Thai that they can see more or less straight through me socially, and with only a little time emotionally as well.

This occasionally creates problems, but most of the time I find that I have a secret ally where I least suspected it, and someone who understands exactly how I'm feeling even when I'm doing my best to hide it. Sometimes they help me avoid even the pitfalls I make for myself.

Here's to Thai guys!

"Steven"

• 2 weeks later...
for example:

My friend L. is one of the most affectionate people I've ever met. He insists on giving me hugs and little kisses constantly when I'm with him, and when I'm with him he playfully demands them as well. I might be working on the computer while he watches TV, but he will call me over and point, with emphasis, at his cheek- time for attention! If he's sleeping over, we'll fall asleep in each others' arms, and he'll sometimes poke me at night if I stray too far, and murmur, "hug me...."

Does your Friend L. happen to have a brother? Around 20-21 yo.

Here is a link to an article that I want to relate (tangentially) to this thread. I want to address the statement 'What you said you like about Thais applies equally well to any group of guys'.

The Cute Factor

My point is that I think some of the factors mentioned in the article that push the 'cute' button are more common among Thais and other Asians than among Caucasians.

Before someone goes postal, I'm not talking about floppy limbs. Only a couple of the 'cute' factors apply. I'm not applying anything in the article that would be offensive to me to Thais. I'm not saying Thais look like Pandas or Manatees. I'm not comparing Thais to animals. Obviously. The article is saying that how we look at people seeps through to the way we look at animals, not vice versa. Animals are just used to provide a way of objectively studying cuteness.

Softer, rounder facial features that push the 'cute' button do seem to me to be fairly common in Thailand, and moreso than in the U.S. I don't really want to go any further than that. But I did want to mention that as 'cute' is becoming better understood it is turning out to be not entirely subjective.

So I think there's a case to be made that Thais are, as a group, objectively cuter than Caucasians.

I really hope this post survives the moderators knife and that anyone who responds does so without going off topic or down the drain. I tried very hard to avoid offending anyone.