Thai Children Taking Sides

freddy

My 14 year old luk krung daughter is being pushed to take sides at school in the red/yellow debate. She is adament that she wishes to remain neutral. Is anyone elses children encountering the same behaviour?

Edited by freddy

Friends, bilingual school mostly Chinese Thai kids

Maybe you should keep her home until this has been resolved. I hate to see children getting involved in politics, and if these kids are already putting pressure on their peers to support sides, it will only be a matter of time before it gets ugly. :o

Good opportunity for her to learn that she doesn't have to agree or take side with her peers. Encourage her, tell her that her friends should respect her position and that she is free to think what she wants.

I agree! thank you. She spent her primary years at an International school so has a somewhat different mindset to that of her peers (yellow shirts) who have it seems been "brainwashed" by this age, sadly. She is strong mentally and has studied martial arts for four years :o so can't be physically bullied or pushed around and I have told her to take the middle path on this one.

My 14 year old luk krung daughter is being pushed to take sides at school in the red/yellow debate. She is adament that she wishes to remain neutral. Is anyone elses children encountering the same behaviour?

Tell here to say she is orange, because she believes in both parties. :o Tell her to say she loves thailand and everyone in it and is wearing orange to show she cares...?

IF nothing else maybe it will confuse the sh**t out of the little buggers. It is important for her to smile when she says it.

batman.bmp