Pad, The Global Economy, Tourism And The Future

marc11864

Future Bargains?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the current situations in Thailand and abroad, will there be bargains to attempt to draw the tourists and expats back to the LOS?

Certainly it sucks on the whole for the Thai people, especially the ones closest to the bottom of the economy, I would think that some possible upsides for those of us who love the country and want to spend more time there might be rewarded with cheaper airfares and relaxation of immigration at least for the short term.

- If PAX load decreases, less revenue. In order to cover costs of flight, ticket price wouuld have to rise.

- If airport has to recover losses by charging higher landing fees, this would be passed onto PAX

- If cost of insurance to airline increases (underwriters must have been thrilled at an airport that would allow people onto the tarmac and near expensive equipment) this would be passed on to PAX

- TiT, when consumer demand falls, raise prices.

- Oil will return to high cost within 18 months

With the current situations in Thailand and abroad, will there be bargains to attempt to draw the tourists and expats back to the LOS?

Certainly it sucks on the whole for the Thai people, especially the ones closest to the bottom of the economy, I would think that some possible upsides for those of us who love the country and want to spend more time there might be rewarded with cheaper airfares and relaxation of immigration at least for the short term.

cheaper airfares and relaxed immigration,i dont think so,airfares will increase as will immigration laws.Tourists may well find other safer more reliable places to visit IMHO.

Thai airways have had very poor profit returns for the last 2 quarters, previously they may have been able to offer cheaper flights to coax PAX onto thai airways flights, however the longer this is dragged out the more chance thai airways has of hitting the wall. Many airlines have been feeling the pinch lately even Emirates and Etihad who are very well financed airlines are experiencing poor profit margins.

I agree with geriatrickid that oil prices will return to higher levels in the not so distant future, so the declining fuel prices & their benifits will be short lived.

Sercurity issues need to be addressed at Suvarnabhumi as they do in alot of sectors associated with the travel industry (Mumbai has proven that).....costs in relation to travel are set to rise.

Anyway the dollar was made round to go round, just look at how much the US government is adopting that policy!

- If PAX load decreases, less revenue. In order to cover costs of flight, ticket price wouuld have to rise.

- If airport has to recover losses by charging higher landing fees, this would be passed onto PAX

- If cost of insurance to airline increases (underwriters must have been thrilled at an airport that would allow people onto the tarmac and near expensive equipment) this would be passed on to PAX

- TiT, when consumer demand falls, raise prices.

- Oil will return to high cost within 18 months

i disagree with this, most airlines are just cutting capacity (fewer flights) fuel surcharges will drop reflecting the inevitable lower price this has no affect on the companies profits either way as it is just a fuel surcharge. I do wonder where you think the demand for oil is going to come from to raise it's price when analysts are predicting a fall to $25? maybe there is some huge country in the world with a massive need for oil i dont know about.