Suvarnabhumi PAD Protest Continues

Jai Dee

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not allowed to open a new topic on this forum, so I'll post it here.

According to the Belgian newspaper I read daily, the PAD have authorized the transfer of 37 stranded aircraft to other airports.

51 aircraft are still blocked.

I guess that the aircraft released are Thai Airways and will be used to evacuate stranded tourists.

Here's the link for those who understand Dutch. http://www.gva.be/nieuws/buitenland/defaul...1-3F710ECBE775}

cheers

onzestan

Thought I'd share this with you chaps

Breaking Story: Thai intelligent warns PAD plans take-over TV stations

14.29-PDA pland take over TV Stations, by Bally, this blog’s neutral national security analysts

PAD Mulls Taking Over TV Stations: Intelligent Source says

Thai intelligence sources had just told this blog that the PAD is planning to take-over several Thai TV stations including channel 3.

The news comes amidst a breakdown between the Thai press and PAD as PAD has stepped up its pressure of Thai press covering the PAD at the airports.

The Thai press association just issued a statement hours ago warning the PAD not to harm journalist.

Sources say the PAD are heading to control channel 3 first, as a way to gain access to broadcast its point of view to the country, as most press have been reporting negative consequences of the PAD occupation of the airports and the damages it has caused the Thai economy.

Meanwhile, Chamlong, has abandoned the government houses as being too dangerous, and is in the process of moving all PAD sympathisers to the airport.

Sources say, the main reason the police hasn’t taken back the airports is because of the planes and the airports may be torched by the PAD if the government used force.

The intelligent sources said what ever happens will likely happens after tomorrow when the Thai king finishes with presiding over the military show of colours march and the constitutional courts makes its rulings.

Somchai meanwhile, said he is receptive to suggestions that he went to see the Thai King for consultations to how to solve the current political demise.

The Somchai government and the PPP faces certain court order disbandment tomorrow, where the red shirt or pro-democracy and pro-government says the axing of the PPP and Somchai tantamount to a silent coup and it will protest the move.

Cambothai !!! god please help us all

It ain't that difficult when you have a computer sitting on your desk all day! :o

... and night... and you read multiple topics simultaneously, and answers non stop spilling your hatred, just about around the clock... :D

...superrainman...

Thought I'd share this with you chaps

Breaking Story: Thai intelligent warns PAD plans take-over TV stations

14.29-PDA pland take over TV Stations, by Bally, this blog's neutral national security analysts

PAD Mulls Taking Over TV Stations: Intelligent Source says

Thai intelligence sources had just told this blog that the PAD is planning to take-over several Thai TV stations including channel 3.

The news comes amidst a breakdown between the Thai press and PAD as PAD has stepped up its pressure of Thai press covering the PAD at the airports.

The Thai press association just issued a statement hours ago warning the PAD not to harm journalist.

Sources say the PAD are heading to control channel 3 first, as a way to gain access to broadcast its point of view to the country, as most press have been reporting negative consequences of the PAD occupation of the airports and the damages it has caused the Thai economy.

Meanwhile, Chamlong, has abandoned the government houses as being too dangerous, and is in the process of moving all PAD sympathisers to the airport.

Sources say, the main reason the police hasn't taken back the airports is because of the planes and the airports may be torched by the PAD if the government used force.

The intelligent sources said what ever happens will likely happens after tomorrow when the Thai king finishes with presiding over the military show of colours march and the constitutional courts makes its rulings.

Somchai meanwhile, said he is receptive to suggestions that he went to see the Thai King for consultations to how to solve the current political demise.

The Somchai government and the PPP faces certain court order disbandment tomorrow, where the red shirt or pro-democracy and pro-government says the axing of the PPP and Somchai tantamount to a silent coup and it will protest the move.

Cambothai !!! god please help us all

If someone evers spots the " intelligent sources" mentioned in the article, please hang on to them , as they do come in very short supply in this country.

PAD ends Government House occupation

The People's Alliance For Democracy Monday ended its occupation of the Government House.

Suchart Srisai, an official of the Dharma Army of the Santi Asoke Buddhist sect, announced on the stage inside Government House at 2 pm that the PAD would end it occupation of the complex.

He urged protesters to post for photos as souvenirs and pack their belongings and move to join their peers either at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport or the Don Mueng Airport.

The Nation

From a safety aspect this is welcomed news for those who care about not only ongoing exposure to violence but to hopefully put an end to the indiscrimate bombing that has been ongoing for some time now.

The cowardly attacks that have taken place and especially their timing to inflict human canrnage on those sleeping is well and trully beyond human comprehension.

As for those so called " respected members " who have and are consistantly calling for violence against the PAD.....

You bring disgrace and dishonour to our membership.

Thank god I for one do not have to associate with you in the flesh, socially, or otherwise as you are unworthy of being classed as good members and other such comments that have been made in your defences ect.

You are also unworthy to be called decent human beings / members of the human race........terrorist i keep observing in realtion to the PAD, god again knows what this makes you. ??????

I long holiday would have been forthcoming on the first such post any member has made or will make, i feel sure, would have recieved punishment under normal, less overwhelming situations.

The mods are continually stretched and therefore they escape censorship sometimes unfortunately

Sadly the thousands of guests that use our forum during this period, must be thinking we are a load of uncaring and insensitive members / ship.

If i may defend Thai Visa and assure you we are as stated disgusted with them and they do not in anyway represent the majority

IMHO as always

marshbags :o

Those who offer such posts should kindly refrain and stop doing it.

By the way i,m happy to say.....................

It,s just showing the PAD dismantling the stuff at Gov. house and tidying up and have strated or moved out already.

Unlike the pathetic excuse of a PM who keeps mumbling out his concerns for the Thai people and doing nothing, this has come to pass as stated out of genuine caring for those exposed to the threatened onslaught that is predicted to happen anytime soon by Thaksins Red Shirts

Well said, Marshbags :D

It ain't that difficult when you have a computer sitting on your desk all day! :o

... and night... and you read multiple topics simultaneously, and answers non stop spilling your hatred, just about around the clock... :D

...superrainman...

smart people don't work hard, they pay others to do it for them... try reading sometime Rich Dad - Poor Dad is a good book.

I am sorry you work all day long and don't have time to post on an internet forum...

Also a business owner that handles exports would have allot of spare times since he can't export these days.....

Edited by MyphuketLife

A couple of points from the uk lunchtime news,

Talksport radio interviewed the Foreign affairs editor of the Times newspaper,"being an informed expert" in the region,

When asked what it was all about he stated that the PAD, an unelected body claiming to abide by democracy, were trying to remove a fairly and squarely democratically elected government.

His advice to travellers booked to go to Thailand was to cancel as this situation would keep ongoing.

Also on the BBC news with cameras inside suva, correspondant Johnathon Head described the atmospere inside as carnival/holiday in nature, but that the armed PAD para-militaries were assembled down in the basement.

Scary or what?

I personally have 2 million Baht worth of Christmas cargo at the airport.

Aaaaah,

Now I understand all the anger that has been pouring out of your typing finger this past few days :o

There you go, now you understand. Some people actually depend on business.

Not everyone can afford to sit on the floor in the airport all day and night :D

Someone needs to call the US Embassy and tell the bin Laden is hiding in the PAD crowds at the airport.
I recommend we all get out our red shirts tomorrow and help honest and hard working Thais get their country back from the hands of these domestic terrorists
Seeing police trucks full of police officers in riot gear driving towards Suvarnabhumi tonight gives me hope something is happening soon
It wouldn't suck if someone smacked you in the face either. Not saying someone will, but it wouldn't suck.
Go drink your beer from your pension and then go jump off a cliff with your yellow shirt.
Go back in my 2000+ posts on TV and you'll see that I'm very anti-violence

Q: What grade are you in? (only ask as many of your comments are very childish, at best)

Q: What kind of a democratic Govt desires to remove vote-fraud rules from it's constitution?

Q: Will you be as vitriolic against the Red-UDD if they follow through on a promise to 'seige' the constitution court (or worse)?

-Unless the Govt somehow manages to remove vote-fraud clauses from the constitution before dissolution (on those very charges) the same rules will again apply to ALL parties in a new election- as it should be. Also, a guilty verdict would mean many in the Somchai cabinet will be 'banned' from politics for 5 years (like their TRT mates) and prevented from running in new elections. Not that this prevents them from having yet another crop of proxies run... This would of course increase the bank-roll of sponsoring even more new proxies but it's all about 'return on investment' from your hero former CEO/PM Thaksin's point of view... (and evidently, the ROI is very lucrative;)

Whatever happens, I personally would like to see the PAD vacate the airport(s) asap, the PPP dissolved for vote-fraud (Yongyuth caught on video, an open and shut case) and new elections asap following a neutral caretaker put in place to ensure just that, elections ... and then election after election with more and more Thaksin proxy-parties banned until they learn to play by the rules (or face the consequences which THEY created).

Aaaaah,

Now I understand all the anger that has been pouring out of your typing finger this past few days :o

Well instead of wasting your time coming up with vitriolic remarks on this board, I suggest you get your act together and look at alternatives :D

Hint....Ways and Means Act 2008 :D

Maybe this will help some stranded folks.

I am now stranded and wasn't sure what I should do. I tried to call Air Asia, always busy. I tried to call TAT (Tourism Authority of Thailand) couldn't get a connection. It all seemed so helpless.

Anyway I checked the homepage of TAT and found a list of hotels that are under the agreement to support stranded tourists.

I phoned a few hotels and enquired what I needed to do.

VERY EASY. Show up at the hotel with your ticket and passport.

We did that and were given a room straight away. We get 3 meals a day and free accommodation until the airline gives a date to leave. Excellent service, great food and very first class staff.

I know this is no help to those of you who are anxious about losing jobs or business but for many I think the government are trying very hard to make your stay as pleasant as can be. Those of you who are blood thirsty and want to see fights, let me remind you, you are talking about killing mothers, fathers, grandparents and children. Do you really want that? I am happy that the police, army, navy, airforce or any other group are NOT using force.

I wish and hope for a peaceful speedy end to all of this and will try to enjoy my compulsory stay as much as I can.

Good luck to everyone and thanks to TAT for your help (after all it not TAT's fault that this is happening)

I cannot imagine the UK doing this, they are I think the only country who are not sending in relief flights to help their citizens. Very sad.

(this message has been posted in other forums)

Q: What grade are you in? (only ask as many of your comments are very childish, at best)

Q: What kind of a democratic Govt desires to remove vote-fraud rules from it's constitution?

Q: Will you be as vitriolic against the Red-UDD if they follow through on a promise to 'seige' the constitution court (or worse)?

Even peaceful people lose patience. In every other Western country, thousands of people of a MINORITY seizing an international airport, causing billions in damages and job losses in the millions, would have been immediately arrested and thrown into jail. If they didn't comply with court orders, as the PAD are doing, and barricading themselves in the airport and closing it with barbed wires, they would have been shot.

And my joking posts are not more childish than the PM or the PAD, who are turning Thailand into the biggest joke on earth.

That's the truth. Accept it or not.

Edited by rainman

B&S

Thankfully the mods delete posts that call for violence for the most part. Meaning even the most violent poster in here could say "Go back through my posts ...."

This is all coming to a head, and hopefully it moves into a new stage (and continues to be non-violent) tmw!

Greg Lange, owner of Sunrise Tacos, a Bangkok chain of Mexican-food restaurants, says his biggest problem is getting avocadoes. His recipe requires avocadoes from New Zealand or Australia, and his normal supplier is unable to source them. "I'm just praying by next week it will end," he said.

Now that's real suffering. I am sure that millions of Thais shares Greg's pain - but their life still goes on.

Maybe this will help some stranded folks.

I am now stranded and wasn't sure what I should do. I tried to call Air Asia, always busy. I tried to call TAT (Tourism Authority of Thailand) couldn't get a connection. It all seemed so helpless.

Anyway I checked the homepage of TAT and found a list of hotels that are under the agreement to support stranded tourists.

I phoned a few hotels and enquired what I needed to do.

VERY EASY. Show up at the hotel with your ticket and passport.

We did that and were given a room straight away. We get 3 meals a day and free accommodation until the airline gives a date to leave. Excellent service, great food and very first class staff.

I know this is no help to those of you who are anxious about losing jobs or business but for many I think the government are trying very hard to make your stay as pleasant as can be. Those of you who are blood thirsty and want to see fights, let me remind you, you are talking about killing mothers, fathers, grandparents and children. Do you really want that? I am happy that the police, army, navy, airforce or any other group are NOT using force.

I wish and hope for a peaceful speedy end to all of this and will try to enjoy my compulsory stay as much as I can.

Good luck to everyone and thanks to TAT for your help (after all it not TAT's fault that this is happening)

I cannot imagine the UK doing this, they are I think the only country who are not sending in relief flights to help their citizens. Very sad.

(this message has been posted in other forums)

Finally someone postng something helpful. Great post!!!

Even peaceful people lose patience. In every other Western country, thousands of people of a MINORITY seizing an international airport, causing billions in damages and job losses in the millions, would have been immediately arrested and thrown into jail. If they didn't comply with court orders, as the PAD are doing, and barricading themselves in the airport and closing it with barbed wires, they would have been shot.

Rainman, i am also affected by the airport seizure, but you need to look deeper into the situation. It is not a PAD problem only, they are not the people behind and we might see things unfold on Friday.

regards and all the best

B&S

Thankfully the mods delete posts that call for violence for the most part. Meaning even the most violent poster in here could say "Go back through my posts ...."

This is all coming to a head, and hopefully it moves into a new stage (and continues to be non-violent) tmw!

Hopefully your yellow shirts will become non-violent, they have not been non-violent in a while now... Shooting at a TV van is violent, kidnapping a cop is violent, shooting at others when you are not being shot at is violent.... You spew this non-violent BS when you can not in your right mind cliam the PAD actions of lately (including the taking of airports) has not been violent.

And my joking posts are not more childish than the PM or the PAD, who are turning Thailand into the biggest joke on earth.

Why is Rainman getting all the grief..?? Last time I looked, this was still a free country (at least for the time being).

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, if you disagree, come back with a viable alternative. An opinion, if expressed clearly is valid whether you agree or not. If you disagree, post a decent alternative in a precise, intelligent and articulate way so others can respond.

If you are unable to act in a civlised manner, then......

Get the f__**ck off this muvvaa <deleted>^^ck*n forum you tosspots..!!

:o

Greg Lange, owner of Sunrise Tacos, a Bangkok chain of Mexican-food restaurants, says his biggest problem is getting avocadoes. His recipe requires avocadoes from New Zealand or Australia, and his normal supplier is unable to source them. "I'm just praying by next week it will end," he said.

Now that's real suffering. I am sure that millions of Thais shares Greg's pain - but their life still goes on.

Let them eat rice :o

The most talked about news item in Hong Kong today, at least in my office, is the death of a Hong Kong man in Thailand.

He and his wife were travelling by road from BKK to Phuket to try to get a flight home to Hong Kong, and were involved in some sort of vehicle accident either late last night or today. Husband killed and the wife is in hospital, and now some family members are flying in, with government assistance (Hong Kong government, obviously)

This story is getting very heavy coverage in HK and from the conversations I've overheard, I don't think too many of my co-workers will be revisiting Thailand in the near future. And I doubt the 2000 baht per day "stranded traveller compensation" will be much consolation to the poor woman in hospital who has just lost her husband.

I would post a link, but can't as I'm new

I'm not allowed to open a new topic on this forum, so I'll post it here.

According to the Belgian newspaper I read daily, the PAD have authorized the transfer of 37 stranded aircraft to other airports.

51 aircraft are still blocked.

I guess that the aircraft released are Thai Airways and will be used to evacuate stranded tourists.

Here's the link for those who understand Dutch. http://www.gva.be/nieuws/buitenland/defaul...1-3F710ECBE775}

cheers

onzestan

Was passing by the Airport late afternoon and there a lot aircrafts still there, icl. Thai Inter!

The entree from Rama 9/Motorway side was blocked by PAD Guards but friendly once which asked me I would like take a look inside and tolld it would be save for me.

Police I was only see on the Bang Na/Trat side where they was stopping the traffic go through the airport. No PAD Guards there.

Everything was looking quiet

Cheers.

Let them eat rice :o

I'm sure he's still making a killing knocking out visas and work permits..!!

Rainman, i am also affected by the airport seizure, but you need to look deeper into the situation. It is not a PAD problem only, they are not the people behind and we might see things unfold on Friday.

I know that. I am sure all the people here and elsewhere know it. Some don't want to accept it, others do. Surely nobody wants to talk about it.

Someone needs to call the US Embassy and tell the bin Laden is hiding in the PAD crowds at the airport.
I recommend we all get out our red shirts tomorrow and help honest and hard working Thais get their country back from the hands of these domestic terrorists
Seeing police trucks full of police officers in riot gear driving towards Suvarnabhumi tonight gives me hope something is happening soon
It wouldn't suck if someone smacked you in the face either. Not saying someone will, but it wouldn't suck.
Go drink your beer from your pension and then go jump off a cliff with your yellow shirt.
Go back in my 2000+ posts on TV and you'll see that I'm very anti-violence

-Unless the Govt somehow manages to remove vote-fraud clauses from the constitution before dissolution (on those very charges) the same rules will again apply to ALL parties in a new election- as it should be. Also, a guilty verdict would mean many in the Somchai cabinet will be 'banned' from politics for 5 years (like their TRT mates) and prevented from running in new elections. Not that this prevents them from having yet another crop of proxies run... This would of course increase the bank-roll of sponsoring even more new proxies but it's all about 'return on investment' from your hero former CEO/PM Thaksin's point of view... (and evidently, the ROI is very lucrative;)

Whatever happens, I personally would like to see the PAD vacate the airport(s) asap, the PPP dissolved for vote-fraud (Yongyuth caught on video, an open and shut case) and new elections asap following a neutral caretaker put in place to ensure just that, elections ... and then election after election with more and more Thaksin proxy-parties banned until they learn to play by the rules (or face the consequences which THEY created).

Whilst snipping my post for a more self-convenient reply you 'forgot' to answer the other two questions I posed (now hi-lighted). Please do. Thank you

Whilst snipping my post for a more self-convenient reply you 'forgot' to answer the other two questions I posed (now hi-lighted). Please do. Thank you

First, I don't think I have any kind of obligation to answer your questions or posts, just as you don't have any to answer mine.

Second, I don't care of you consider any of my posts childish. My childish posts don't hurt anyone, don't cause any financial losses. The childish actions of the PAD and the incompetence of the PM to stop them, however, are hurting Thailand and it's people.

Edited by rainman

Aaaaah,

Well instead of wasting your time coming up with vitriolic remarks on this board, I suggest you get your act together and look at alternatives :D

Hint....Ways and Means Act 2008 :D

There are 52 airports in Thailand !

ttp://www.aircraft-charter-world.com/airports/asia/thailand.htm

10 of which can handle the big stuff,I can't name 10 in the UK that can do 747s.

I never liked having to go via bkk to get home anyway and most tourists only go there en route to a nice place so ts time the carriers looked at by passing the dump anyway.