Suvarnabhumi PAD Protest Continues

Jai Dee

I just got back home for a break after 3 days on standby at the airport. Here's just some (I hope nuetral) observations

There have been no gunshots as far as I am aware.

I have been inside and outside the airport and there seems to me to be 2 kind of PAD 1. A very hardcore member willing to die and use any violence neccessary to achieve whatever goals they want (normally younger but up to middle aged men). 2. A less aware person trying to express their feelings of frustration (normally middle aged women).

I talked to a middle aged women who said she was not scared to die, she was totally into what she was doing. I felt concern for her child who she had with her, he had no choice in the matter.

I was part of a 30 ambulance team stationed in front of the Novotel. The first few days we had to pass through police checkpoints in and out of the greater airport area. But late saturday night we returned to find the PAD manning these roadblocks and searching our ambulances.

So now the Novotel sits in 'occupied' PAD territory with no security. They started doing little marches around the streets in convoys of vehicles with most people being armed. Many of the nurses were quite afraid as they strolled past them brandishing weapons. I think it would have been prudent to pull out of the area and set up a new area but its not my choice.

I have been for a couple of walks through the airport and the PAD seems very organised including their own security. There are open shops that have nothing removed from them with only a few PAD members around to police it. No one is allowed past passport control.

Its a very strange feeling being in a place that has no police authority, The PAD members with weapons were made even more intimidating by this fact. If they turned on us, no one would (or could)come to help.

The PAD has an enormous supply of food, clothing and blankets. I got my toothbrush from them along with a bag of apples,a shaver and a coffee! (more than I had received from the Red Cross during my 3 days)

They have phone charging points, a shuttle service, a makeshift hospital, really quite impressive.

Thank you for this.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Police spokesman Maj. Gen. Amnuay Nimmano said the protesters would be told to leave the airports. If they did not, a deadline will be issued with another warning, "the last one before we take action," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081130/ap_on_...MGaplD704hvaA8F

Let's hope the BIB mean it, but I still have my doubts. :o

It's now 12 noon and no news? What's going on?

Thaksin is in exile? Is that why he's calling the shots? allowed to address the UDD crowd on government owned property and on a government owned program? Is that why his proxy party saying he is available 24/7 etc?

ROFL

:o

The ice-cream will go bad anyway, why waste it. Help yourself to Cafe Negro ice-cream. THIS IS NOT LOOTHING.

There some reports that the airline lounges are abused, and minor items (like glasses, cups, folk, spoon, magazine, etc) removed. I believe protesters are just borrowing it for short term use at the airport. However, it is unlikely that they will be returned to where they took it.

The duty free shop remains in-tack. NO LOOTHING. If a confrontation were to take place, these bottle will be handy to turn into molotov cocktail.

Last week's clash with yellow-arm-banded PAD people calculatedly pointing and shooting weapons directly into the melee in the street

Yes, it was a melee, the reds tried to ambush PAD trucks loaded with their guards and got comeuppance.

YH, your ideological stand has completely blinded you, just like it did with our late Colonel. Have you conveniently forgotten one VERY memorable Udon rally? Have you chosen to consciously ERASE that from your memory.

plus, you repeated it again and again and had to be corrected. PAD try to ambush and break into a radio station.

that the RED throw the first stones was reported shortly after but later corrected and what really occurred i told you too.

how about to save some memory for that.

As for Vibhavadi clash yesterday - there are reports that PAD convoy was ambushed and iron bars were thrown at the vehicles. Pity those who got caught by the pissed off PAD guards, they are not likely to check for fingerprints.

NO, forget it. that was just the first kneejerk style of apologizing what happend.

it was an ambush planned by the PAD. try to break into a taxi radio station. read here.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=132291

People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) protesters on Tuesday evening clashed with a group of pro-government taxi drivers on Vibhavadi Road, which left at least 11 injured. Two of the taxi drivers suffered gunshot wounds.

According to the police, the PAD demonstrators attempted to break into the Khon Rak Taxi (Taxi Lovers) radio station on Vibhavadi Road, Soi 3, but a group of taxi drivers prevented them. As a result, both sides exchanged blows and threw things at each other until more than 60 policemen arrived to settle the situation.

did you see in the video?

watch here again

did you see how PAD fired with guns from the loudspeaker truck? that is attempted murder. did you see how they destroyed the moto bike?did you see all those gangsters in rage there with clubs on the street? how they confront the camera man, stop him to do his filming? how they catch one moto cyce taxi driver and hold a long knife on his throat? another case of scum action from the violent and armed PAD thugs. how sick one must be trying to justify this? sick and disgusting. PAD are SCUM. puke on them.

no pity with them if they have to face police force.

and what happen in Chiang Mai, i ask a couple of times, if someone have reports about it and can gave me a link to it. keep in mind that it wouldn't be the first time that updates show incidents in an other light then the first reports suggested.

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/toc/ViewData...?DataID=1010826

But we all know the pro government red shirts would never resort to violence, we know for a FACT the pad are dropping grenades on themselves to get sympathy for there cause. We know thaksin is innocent of all crimes before he was pm, while he was pm, and we know for a fact when he said he was no longer involved in politics it was true. All hail Lord Thaksin and pray for his safe return to save us with his generosity.

I'm more concerned with the loss of life on both sides. It is sad to see people that truly believe in there cause being sacrificed for the SELF SERVING bastards on BOTH side's whose only concern is lining there pockets with more money.

It is impossible to have a coherent discussion about the current events in this forum or any other public space. I hope the following short article from notthenation.com will inspire some posters to stop arguing about issues when some of the main components cannot even be mentioned. At least I hope it will make a few people out there smile. Cheers :D

Third Hand Seen Shaking Invisible Hand

BANGKOK – Newspapers in Thailand are reporting that a third hand was spotted firmly shaking the invisible hand last night.

The high-profile meeting of hands came at an Italian restaurant on Sukhumvit during a dinner hosted by top military brass.

At the end of the dinner, the mysterious invisible hand reportedly reached over the table and grasped an unidentified third hand.

We have no clue what this all means but we are reporting it anyway.

notthenation.com

It's a parody.

Jing ror? :D

Reality or parody! Could something as big as this happen without endorsement from an invisible hand?

I apologize to all for my inappropriate post, which disrupted the discussion and got me a "warning for violation of forum rules" for not being posted in the "Jokes - puzzles and riddles - make my day! " forum. I intended this to be a serious part of the discussion, ironically. Again, my most sincere apologies. :o

Sure, PAD are not the only thugs on the block, but they are the causitive factor here. In this thread I'm discussing the Airport closure by PAD. I never even got into this debate when they were protesting at Government House. It was a minor concern in comparison.

To see the airport closure as an isolated incident is a sign of tunnel vision and lack of historical context!

To see 9-11 as an isolated incident is a sign of tunnel vision and lack of historical context! Ditto the Rwandan genocide.

Somehow, this doesn't quite add up to "they were right to do it".

One thing I don't get is how PAD would to actually fix anything at all. Sure, they make funny noises mentioning the word corruption (close to word "Thaksin", and not the word "system"), but that's barking at the moon.

On more than one occasion, they were not reluctant to call the majority of the population buffaloes, and somehow I doubt they have the wisdom of great leaders in them. On the second thought, it's not even clear who they are, much less what they propose (apart from grabbing power)...

I couldn't resist, my apologies for feeding the trolls (KireB).

Edited by crocodilexp

Its a very strange feeling being in a place that has no police authority, The PAD members with weapons were made even more intimidating by this fact. If they turned on us, no one would (or could)come to help.

The PAD has an enormous supply of food, clothing and blankets. I got my toothbrush from them along with a bag of apples,a shaver and a coffee! (more than I had received from the Red Cross during my 3 days)

They have phone charging points, a shuttle service, a makeshift hospital, really quite impressive.

Mark --- interesting observations ... those "weapon" wielding PAD were .. polite, courteous, and treated you well! You were afraid yet able to wander through them and get supplies from them (for free?) but were afraid?

How were the police armed vs the PAD?

Seems as if the PAD are 'armed' only enough to push back a non-police, non-military attack from the UDD and nothing else (unless you count yesterday's report of them scaring off the police from the freeway block they had set up!

Mark --- interesting observations ... those "weapon" wielding PAD were .. polite, courteous, and treated you well! You were afraid yet able to wander through them and get supplies from them (for free?) but were afraid?

How were the police armed vs the PAD?

Seems as if the PAD are 'armed' only enough to push back a non-police, non-military attack from the UDD and nothing else (unless you count yesterday's report of them scaring off the police from the freeway block they had set up!

The PAD have brought children in to the airport- the police can bring in gunships- who do you think occupies the airport at the end of the day? It would also be quite surprising if many of those women in the airport did not have husbands in the upper echelons of the military.

Edited by blaze

Let me see if I can understand the forces currently facing each others:

On one side we have the yellow, seriously hurting the economy and annoying the hel_l of a large number of people. They are also making Thailand look bad in the eye of potential visitors.

So far, in over 5 months of protests, no serious violence can be reported as generated by their members. Their leaders are not involved in business and are not politicians, and are not attempting to create wealth for themselves, and are not running in any elections.

Their announced intention is to rid the country of corruptions, to make it fair for all.

On the other side, we have the red, seriously hurting daily their compatriots, throwing bombs, shooting, and beating to death whatever yellow they can get, or indiscriminately whoever happens to be in the way, we have witnessed lots of it in the past few months, increasing each day. They are supported by convict criminals on the run, suggesting that the yellow respect the law.

Supervising all this is the current government, totally inapt at dealing with the crisis, acting as a proxy for T, not even hiding it any longer. Multiple request made to the police and the army to use violence to stop the demonstration have so far resulted in a no action. In short, total lack of control of the situation.

It is public knowledge that within a few days, the current party will be legally dissolved, the PM won't be PM, and the convicted criminal won't be able to come back without facing his numerous jail sentences and also probably more importantly collect his frozen assets. It is therefore very easy to understand that his last chance is to instigate a state of civil war in the country and attempt to use the red forces to take over power in Thailand, in short, a blood bath to cure all...

So what are the options:

It would take one man one action to stop all this, the PM resigns, dissolves the house and calls for new clean elections. Every one get a chance to stand in, better control for vote buying is enforced and people decide. We have a new government, criminals are not allow to run. Yes the PM would lose face, the yellow would appear to have won, and we would have a potentially clean fresh start without additional loss of life

Or we have bloodshed, potentially thousands injured, many killed, a Mumbai like situation for weeks, then a powerful dictator takes over, the savior that can control with force.

How much violence to have have to endure? we only need a first step in the right direction, the puppet detach the strings and the judicial systems keeps his work towards democracy.

oz

Let me see if I can understand the forces currently facing each others:

On one side we have the yellow, seriously hurting the economy and annoying the hel_l of a large number of people. They are also making Thailand look bad in the eye of potential visitors.

So far, in over 5 months of protests, no serious violence can be reported as generated by their members. Their leaders are not involved in business and are not politicians, and are not attempting to create wealth for themselves, and are not running in any elections.

Their announced intention is to rid the country of corruptions, to make it fair for all.

On the other side, we have the red, seriously hurting daily their compatriots, throwing bombs, shooting, and beating to death whatever yellow they can get, or indiscriminately whoever happens to be in the way, we have witnessed lots of it in the past few months, increasing each day. They are supported by convict criminals on the run, suggesting that the yellow respect the law.

Supervising all this is the current government, totally inapt at dealing with the crisis, acting as a proxy for T, not even hiding it any longer. Multiple request made to the police and the army to use violence to stop the demonstration have so far resulted in a no action. In short, total lack of control of the situation.

It is public knowledge that within a few days, the current party will be legally dissolved, the PM won't be PM, and the convicted criminal won't be able to come back without facing his numerous jail sentences and also probably more importantly collect his frozen assets. It is therefore very easy to understand that his last chance is to instigate a state of civil war in the country and attempt to use the red forces to take over power in Thailand, in short, a blood bath to cure all...

So what are the options:

It would take one man one action to stop all this, the PM resigns, dissolves the house and calls for new clean elections. Every one get a chance to stand in, better control for vote buying is enforced and people decide. We have a new government, criminals are not allow to run. Yes the PM would lose face, the yellow would appear to have won, and we would have a potentially clean fresh start without additional loss of life

Or we have bloodshed, potentially thousands injured, many killed, a Mumbai like situation for weeks, then a powerful dictator takes over, the savior that can control with force.

How much violence to have have to endure? we only need a first step in the right direction, the puppet detach the strings and the judicial systems keeps his work towards democracy.

oz

I agee whit you....you are right

ciao

How about the very frist PAD meeting at Thammasat when reds were flashing their genitals and throwing bags of piss and shit at passing PAD vehicles, the tactic they repeated on several other occasions?

"Models of restraint"....

nah, you forget that using shit bags that is a well known practise by the PAD.

you can read it here in The Nation:

"Police apparently briefed up its forces at the bridge while the PAD leaders announced to the demonstrators to get prepared for resisting a possible crackdown.

A PAD leader advised protesters to arm themselves with bags of human excrement and urine to fight off police."

http://nationmultimedia.com/2008/05/31/pol...cs_30074456.php

a small window view what is almost talked and announced daily there on the PAD stage. literally & figuratively. disgusting, isn't it.

Jeez, when you find a report of an actual use of shit bags then you can start talking about practice, let alone "well known" practice. For all we know the guy on stage could have been joking, it's been seven months since that "advice" and nothing happened.

>>>

As for Vibhavadi incident - you are free to look up mutliple breaking news reports - PAD vehicles came under attack first. There were reports of rocks and iron bars thrown at them when they were on the way to Suwarnabhumi.

Coups, Rebellions, Revolts and Revolutions in Thailand

1912 | 1932 | June 1933 | October 1933 | 1939 | 1947 | 1948 | 1949 | June 1951 | November 1951 | 1957 | 1958 | 1971 | 1976 | March 1977 | October 1977 | 1981 | 1985 | 1991 | 2006

(red dots)

dowchtfltstr0215081150cez3.jpg

w1150.png

Not sure about 1991, but I do recall the spring of 1992 Thailand had a pretty good uprising!

I just got back home for a break after 3 days on standby at the airport. Here's just some (I hope nuetral) observations

I have been inside and outside the airport and there seems to me to be 2 kind of PAD 1. A very hardcore member willing to die and use any violence neccessary to achieve whatever goals they want (normally younger but up to middle aged men). 2. A less aware person trying to express their feelings of frustration (normally middle aged women).

I talked to a middle aged women who said she was not scared to die, she was totally into what she was doing. I felt concern for her child who she had with her, he had no choice in the matter.

I was part of a 30 ambulance team stationed in front of the Novotel. The first few days we had to pass through police checkpoints in and out of the greater airport area. But late saturday night we returned to find the PAD manning these roadblocks and searching our ambulances.

So now the Novotel sits in 'occupied' PAD territory with no security. They started doing little marches around the streets in convoys of vehicles with most people being armed. Many of the nurses were quite afraid as they strolled past them brandishing weapons. I think it would have been prudent to pull out of the area and set up a new area but its not my choice.

I have been for a couple of walks through the airport and the PAD seems very organised including their own security. There are open shops that have nothing removed from them with only a few PAD members around to police it. No one is allowed past passport control.

we just sent big amount of coke, water, cake and coffee as donation for the PAD, my wife gave 5.000 Baht for buying food, so there should be more than enough. Often the shops even don't want to take the money or give much more than ordered.

Not sure about 1991, but I do recall the spring of 1992 Thailand had a pretty good uprising!

Hi Vegas, from the bottom of this page in wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siamese_Revolution_of_1932

does seem to be a lot of activity at turning points - crashes & reversals... of the US world economy...

starting from the great depression :o and crash / 1929

Edited by SomNamNah

we just sent big amount of coke, water, cake and coffee as donation for the PAD, my wife gave 5.000 Baht for buying food, so there should be more than enough. Often the shops even don't want to take the money or give much more than ordered.

Good job....NOT :o

Feed the terrorists.

Edited by dekka007

There's not much to negotiate is there! Thaksin's puppet government has to step down!

And the man himself will have to go to prison! He's a thief and has stolen billions of the hard-working people of this country.

A statement that the PAD are fanatical aggressors is ridiculous considering the bomb attacks, police violence and infitrations and public lynching they have endured over the last months.

We're really flogging a dead horse now. We both know each others opinions by now. There are democratic ways to deal with corruption in government and this (PAD terrorism) is not the way. You're obviously just a Thaksin hater who cannot see the wood for the trees.

You hit the nail on its head, as there are no democratic means left unfortunately.

The government-mafia's only concern is to rewrite the constitution, so its convicted capo can come home.

Thaksin was sentenced to prison under a democraticaly choosen constitution!

Your obsession with and hatred for Thaksin has clouded your mind.

Every one of your posts is a Thaksin bashing. Get over it, he's currently in exile.

He is out of country, but exile implies no control and severed ties.

this is NOT the case. He is on the run, but only just because

the warrents haven't been sent internationally, since his puppet,

BIL, PM has prevented the sympatico FM from doing so.

If Interpol had a warrant in hand he would be lifted already.

He still pulls the strings and stirs the pot by phone and bank transfer.

it is not obsession to be dead set against a dangerous meglomaniac.

Just because he ONCE was PM and has proven political accumen,

doesn't mean he is stable, or safe to allow back in control.

Lift the viel, lift the veil!

Destroying PAD does NOT end this horror show.

They are the symptom, not the source.

Edited by animatic

Joined today, the second posting and you know exactly what urls are not allowed to post and trying to point to an anti-monarchy information.

Another incarnation of a banned poster methink....

i think that url would be allowed, problem is that comments there appear and maybe got added in future. in such cases internet laws are not always clear.

but h90, instead just jumping on the messenger and his post count, why you don't give a comment to what is actually written?

it's an article by Associate Professor Giles Ji Ungpakorn, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok. he often get bashed by the proPAD crowd. another case of shooting at the messenger.

he is for sure not ProThaksin, same as the site where the article appear, those people suffered from Thaksins censorship attempts. so take your time proPADler, you claim to fight in their names.

those people informed us about Tak-bai, disappearring muslim lawyers, war on drugs etc. the thaksin scam.

Professor Giles was also the one who exposed Samak. go back 1976- Samak sitting in a radio station and make announcements that, so argues Giles, incite the violence that later occurred.

Samak brought Giles to court for that.

that sidenote of the oct. 1976,exposed by Giles, was later used here in the forum to blame nearly Samak alone for the full responsibility what happen in oct.1976.

harsh words Giles use there, but it's worth to take your time and read it.

and like this artice by Professor Giles, i read many articles written by academics and such, do my studies on the subject . thats is the way among other things i made my mind up. or found my owm conclusions backed up and verified. that is the way i go before i voice my opinion, i do only when i feel that i am informed enough.

so PAD lover guys, how do you made your minds up? where you got your informations from? is therea website, where some academics or other wise people explain why PAD is cool stuff?

Thank you for this.

Yes, thanks for taking the time to write these reports. They're great, please keep them coming...

Thank you for this.

Yes, thanks for taking the time to write these reports. They're great, please keep them coming...

Thanks also. Real "on the ground" info is seriously appreciated.

If you see this clip: http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/...tml#cnnSTCVideo

from CNN I could only be but surprised how no one looted anything.

The airport is totally desolate and there are even still wine bottles in the stores. How the hel_l is that possible?

I'd say the discipline is almost... military, wouldn't you?

-Atlas

No one is allowed to loot those duty free. They need those m-cocktail when police attack begins.

He is out of country, but exile implies no control and severed ties.

this is NOT the case. He is on the run, but only just because

the warrents haven't been sent internationally, since his puppet,

BIL, PM has prevented the sympatico FM from doing so.

If Interpol had a warrant in hand he would be lifted already.

He still pulls the strings and stirs the pot by phone and bank transfer.

it is not obsession to be dead set against a dangerous meglomaniac.

Just because he ONCE was PM and has proven political accumen,

doesn't mean he is stable, or safe to allow back in control.

Lift the viel, lift the veil!

Destroying PAD does NOT end this horror show.

They are the symptom, not the source.

I could just as easily tell you to stop being paranoid and dreaming everything up.

Why do you and other Thaksin obsessed people assume you know exactly what is going on? You don't. You're just pissing in the wind.

Grenade found at Chart Thai's car park

A grenade was found at the car park of the Chart Thai Party's head office Sunday morning.

Thammanoon Phukmaitree, a security officer, found the bomb and alerted the Dusit Police Station and police took the bomb for disposal.

Source: The Nation - 30 November 2008

Perhaps you could send some money to the people that really need it. Like the hotel staff that will now lose their jobs because there are fewer tourists.

Supporting these people when they are destroying Thailand? I'm not sure you've thought this through very well.

Hi Vegas, from the bottom of this page in wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siamese_Revolution_of_1932

does seem to be a lot of activity at turning points - crashes & reversals... of the US world economy...

starting from the great depression :o and crash / 1929

Right on Som! 1991 was the coup detat and 1992 was the student uprising and riots! If you are trying to link bad economic times to coups, then why wasn't there one during the crisis of 1997? I don't mean to blow a hole in your theory, carry on :D

Well whether the Government are corrupt or not, it does not matter, whether they were fairly elected or not it doesn't matter, the fact is that they now deserve to go because they have proved themselves totally useless and ineffective. Their lack of leadership and decision making is totally mind boggling. I cannot see how they could represent this country amongst the international community with any credibility in the future.

"In moments of decision

The best thing you can do is the right thing

The next best thing you can do is the wrong thing

but the worst thing you can do is nothing!"